Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mirage243
Do they come with a vagina card? 😁

Speaking of vaginas my wife bought me an electric Martha Stewart pole saw for Christmas a few years ago.

That thing eats up the wood.

GB1

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
I got the makita 14” battery saw for Christmas this year and it’s great
It uses the thin chains which can dull fast so I bought a few replacements by Oregon and they are an easy change out also bought a few extra batteries. I have used it more to clear jeep trails than to stack cord wood but with a few spare chains and batteries I could fill a truck bed easily. I really like it in the jeep better than a gas saw leaking on the floor boards.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I have a Husqvarna 455 Rancher and now that we have a battery powered leaf blower, string trimmer , and push mower that are all the same brand and voltage I keep a gallon of premixed gas for the saw. If I had a need for a smaller saw I'd get a battery powered one.

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Glad i read all the post,Sure beats carrying a gas saw and cans through the woods on a 4 wheeler 2 batteries would be better.Seen them in Walmart but was iffy about a electric chainsaw.I have a electric weed eater and blower they work good.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
My pops has a 14in still battery and he is 86 with lots of med problems and can use it with ease. I have a 60 volt 16 in green works and the battery will outlast me.

IC B2

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by Irving_D
I have the 18volt Milwaukee Chainsaw, polesaw, and their little 12 volt chainsaw. I love them all the 18 volt chainsaw is great cuts up a pile of firewood in no time. Awesome for camping. The little 12 volt is probably more impressive than the 18 volt just because of how much wood you can actually cut with it for a tiny package.

My man, I'd probably be willing to my farm (if I had one) that you're one who'll never in this life have another serious injury with things that cut and tear and mangle body parts. Both me & bro have departed bits as well I count on both...Wait, bad example. Anyway, you seem a good dude with a ton of spirit and guts. I'd hate it if you got hit again. One crazy bastard I recall from childhood lost a finger to a M-80, two more to a joiner then an eye a few years later. With peg leg and parrot he'd have made a damned fine pirate. He was a gin man, I just remembered... lol

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Went with the Makita 36v. got one in the arborist configuration. At my work we continually destroyed milwaulkee and dewalt wares. Our employees on the orchard could destroy everything but the Makita tools held up well.

So I got a Makita elec arborist saw which works as well as my old Stilh gas aborists saw with no gas and I have plenty of other 18v batteries from my other tools.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Yesterday borrowed a 40V Ryobi to cut off a bunch a limbs - it works very well - no vagina anywhere - has teats.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
I have the Ryobi 8” chain saw, 18 volts batteries. It is a very useful tool and I keep it in the basket rack on my 4 whlr.

Comes in mighty handy.

I've got the same chainsaw and a pole saw also. Never imagined they would work as well as they do. Not sure my 18 volt Ryobi will ever replace my gasoline chainsaw, but nice not having to gas up and worry about old fuel, spark plug and such for small tree trimming and such after a heavy thunderstorm for cleanup. Handy for trimming deer trails also.

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S

If the hand held lithium’s are like the big ones (I’m pretty sure they are but could be wrong).

DO NOT EVER CHARGE A LITHIUM ION BATTERY WHEN THE BATTERY IS BELOW OR NEAR FREEZING or you can easily ruin it.....

Instead of charging internally they “plate” - normally the absorb the ion’s, but if it’s too cold they build up on the surface and coat it so it can never charge / work again.

The battery’s work fine in Cold - BUT you have to warm them up to charge them.

If you look at Battleborn or Relion Lithium marine batteries - they have internal battery heaters so you don’t ruin them when you charge them.

Last edited by Spotshooter; 06/10/21.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I have an 80V Kobalt from Lowes. I got it because when I needed it, it and the DeWalt were the only ones on the shelves in town. Some friends have the DeWalt. They're very similar except the Kobalt has a quick charger. It will charge in half the time of the Dewalt...unless Dewalt has changed the charger since I bought it a couple years ago.

For trimming and light cutting, they're great. What they will cut is largely dependent on the chain quality and sharpness. Kobalt uses a standard Oregon chain and bar.

Something I learned about the Kobalt and it also applies to some other brands: Charging a lithium battery below about 30 degrees F will seriously damage the battery. Even doing it 1 time can destroy it. That applies to all tools with lithiums, not just the saws. Kobalt has a built in shut off in the charger. It won't charge below about 30. That's a bit inconvenient for cutting up firewood in the winter but it's the same with any of your battery tools. Store your batteries inside and warm them up before charging them. You can use them when cold with no problem. It's the cold weather charging that ruins them.

Only complaint is that it leaves a puddle of bar oil on the shelf.
You can say that for about any chainsaw with a self oiler on the market. A self oiler is designed to dump oil on the bar and it doesn't have to be running to do it. The surest fix is to pour out the oil before you store it. Or, you can set it in an old cookie sheet or maybe try storing it laying on it's side.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

Should be able to use the one you already have. grin

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
#BristoeEndorsedForCanePatch

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Morewood

Speaking of vaginas my wife bought me an electric Martha Stewart pole saw for Christmas a few years ago.

That thing eats up the wood.

Something ate my wood over and over Tuesday.

#Hoover

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by tndrbstr
I started to get me one. But as far as know every phugin one of them is made in china. Phug them bastards... I’ll cut my wood with a pocket knife before I send my money to em.

This^^ is why I went to the professional "China" store to get a battery pole saw.
Didn't need anything fancy and have 3 gas chainsaws.

Bauer 8" pole saw for limbing some high ups over our deck in Tenn.
Came with a Oregon bar and chain[surprising]
Ran it pretty hard[a couple of 5-6" limbs of varying hardness].
About 45 minutes of run time and it still has near full charge on battery.

FJB & FJT
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I so seldom use a pole saw that I just got a corded one and use my generator. Yes, the saw was made in China. So was the generator. So's about everything else you buy these days. If you got rid of everything made in China, you'd be living in a cave.

― George Orwell

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Bought the Hyper Tough 40 V when it was clearanced out at Walmart. I use it for yard work and when we go camping to cut firewood. It's the lower end of the scale, but no complaints and well worth what I paid for it.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
These battery saws are great for camping. You can cut a weekend's worth of firewood in 30 min. No gas to haul around and you can put it in the back of an SUV with no gas smell. I just put it in a leaf bag to keep the oil from leaking.

― George Orwell

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by BobBrown
#BristoeEndorsedForCanePatch

This must have gone down before my time.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I have a 12" Dewalt. Love it for small stuff up to 4" and limbing. Long battery life. I have several Stihl gas saws for anything larger.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

593 members (1eyedmule, 10gaugeman, 222Sako, 1minute, 12344mag, 1_deuce, 65 invisible), 2,894 guests, and 1,263 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,706
Posts18,456,843
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.