Print Thread
Hop To
R
RTSJ Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Finally after dreaming about it for years and years since I was a child I finally made the decision to do it. Hunting with Intaba Safaris in the Eastern Cape next August. Eugene Erasmus is the PH and hunts just under 100k acres. Been talking to Eugene for about a month and after talking to a bunch of references old and and new I sent my deposit in. I’m taking the wife as to she loves to travel and shop and is excited to do the excursions as well. We r also doing a chartered deep sea fishing trip to the Indian Ocean and do a full seafood dinner(fish we caught) when back at the lodge. Will do a trip to Addo Elephant park as well. If any one wants to go and tag along give me a shout. Would love to hang out with a few campfire members and or their spouses. If interested in ur first safari or your 3rd or 4th give me a shout.

Roy

Last edited by RTSJ; 06/08/21.
GB1

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Just go ahead and start saving for your second safari....

Trust me.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
R
RTSJ Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by ingwe
Just go ahead and start saving for your second safari....

Trust me.

Already have! Lol. Taking both my son and daughter for their high school graduation presents. 10 days of fun and killin!

Roy

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Like Ingwe says..... Also, why did you pick the Eastern Cape/

Last edited by jorgeI; 06/08/21.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
R
RTSJ Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Like Ingwe says..... Also, why did you pick the Eastern Cape/

Had no clue what I was looking for. Just wanted plains game and my research led me there. Had some good reviews so I contacted Eugene and he gave me a bunch of references. All gave stellar 5star reviews and he had some real good pricing specials so figured I’d give it a go.

Roy

IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
My first safari was in the Eastern Cape as well a number of years ago. I've done another 15 safaris since then :-)

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Be prepared for your life to change forever!!

Know fat, know flavor. No fat, no flavor.

I tried going vegan, but then realized it was a big missed steak.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
No worries, I just wondered as to the Eastern Cape that's all.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RTSJ
Finally after dreaming about it for years and years since I was a child I finally made the decision to do it. Hunting with Intaba Safaris in the Eastern Cape next August. Eugene Erasmus is the PH and hunts just under 100k acres. Been talking to Eugene for about a month and after talking to a bunch of references old and and new I sent my deposit in. I’m taking the wife as to she loves to travel and shop and is excited to do the excursions as well. We r also doing a chartered deep sea fishing trip to the Indian Ocean and do a full seafood dinner(fish we caught) when back at the lodge. Will do a trip to Addo Elephant park as well. If any one wants to go and tag along give me a shout. Would love to hang out with a few campfire members and or their spouses. If interested in ur first safari or your 3rd or 4th give me a shout.

Roy

Roy, You'll love it!

The Eastern Cpe is good safari to take your wife on. Hunting will be great, especially for kudu and nyala. You will be at the end of the Garden Route, so spend an extra few days driving down the route and enjoying the towns, the sights, and the seafood and wine. This will ensure you get the green light to go back!

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by jorgeI
No worries, I just wondered as to the Eastern Cape that's all.

Me too...it wouldn't have been my first choice, but if you are taking your wife it could easily be your best choice! And Africa is a big place with plenty of choices....

You will both LOVE it!

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
IC B3

G
GRF Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Awesome!

Great call on touring Addo, make sure you have a camera with decent zoom capability.

Make sure to try the pinotage when you are trying the wines.

Please take lots of pictures and share them with us

MAC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
As others have already noted, you may as well begin making plans for the next one. I don't know anybody that has hunted Africa only once. Another word of advice if you see an animal that you want and you haven't budgeted for it, go ahead and take it. It is a lot cheaper than going back again to take it. Made that mistake with Nyala once. The trophy fee while I was there was a heck of a lot cheaper than another trip across the Atlantic.

If you can swing it try and hunt Vaal Rhebok and Mountain Reedbuck while you are there. Great game animals and they live in some neat country. RSA is the only place you can get the Vaal.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

314 members (1_deuce, 10gaugemag, 264mag, 16penny, 1beaver_shooter, 2five7, 39 invisible), 2,674 guests, and 1,073 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,277
Posts18,467,609
Members73,927
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.