Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by jimy
I can't imagine why he didn't follow up with a mag dump and a head kick !
I would have.......on Officer Dunn.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
BP-B2

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by NH K9
Originally Posted by Gooch_McGrundle
This would get me fired....maybe I should move to Arkansas? Sounds fun!

Fired and, in all likelihood, I'd be facing criminal charges here. I'm trying to figure out in my head how is justify that use of force, and I'm coming up very short.
I can't remember the last time someone got pitted around here.
Yeah, but your human with a gift of reason and know the law well.Officer Dunn doesn't even know the easy parts or cares to.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
U
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by GeoW
My point being that pregnancy should have nothing to do with it and should have not been mentioned unless the cop knew.

Correct. It would not be within the “totality of circumstances”. That is, unless it’s his love child....

This isn't a court room. The public needs to know that police actions they might approve of if done to certain types of people will also be done to people they would never approve of it being done to, including themselves.

We're not talking legality. We're talking right or wrong and good or evil. That cop was wrong by any reasonable measure even though he is protected by law. He probably even thinks he's doing the right thing and is generally an OK person outside of work. This is evil.

Living in a world of G17s and 700s, wishing for P7s and 202s
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
P-o-w-e-r-t-r-i-p!

"YOU PULL OVER WHEN LAWENFORCEMENT WANT YOU TO!"

End of story. She didn't by-Gawd do what HE wanted, when, or how.

Just speculating, but he is likely one of the wife beating LEO's.
The ones that stain the rep for all.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
My point being that pregnancy should have nothing to do with it and should have not been mentioned unless the cop knew.

You appear to value the life of a child much like a Nazi valued the life of a Jew. I, on the other hand, believe that all life is precious and should be made known of it's existence, birthed or not. So by my beliefs and thinking that pregnancy should have close to EVERYTHING to do with it. Where is your compassion? Gone, it appears!

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[bleep] you.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Gotta agree with Geo here.

The pregnant thing gets old.
Sure, I have extra respect for a woman up the stump.
Take care of her, give her a chair.....
But let anything happen, and the flag goes up like the race card!

Don't think cops are driving around wondering who's knocked up.
Coulda been some one with brittle bone disease.
On, blood thinners.
Rehabbing a bad concussion.
Or just a perfectly healthy 30 year old in a car leaking fluid, ready to light off.
Not about her at all. She did right. Now she's out of the story.

Only about if this cop should have wrecked that car.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Bell curve.

Let me say it for the 100th time........

Some are great, some are terrible, most are trying. Just like whatever job field you work in, or for the worthless boomers workED in......be it doctors, teachers, plumbers, hvac, mechanics, etc.

Humans are imperfect.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
What I was speaking to primarily was "My point being that pregnancy should have nothing to do with it and should have not been mentioned". How can a mother who has just been assaulted by an idiot with a badge who will likely go to prison for not knowing the law, not mention she is pregnant? Any and all women who valued the life of their child would immediately tell the moron this so he might help her get to the hospital. But he just said stupid chit You know, like you and GeoW who it appears neither have compassion or respect for the unborn.

A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
Not sure what the standard for immunity is in that jurisdiction but that sure looks either intentional or reckless at best. My guess is that the police agency will be buying her a car or paying her insurance deductible, plus any physical injuries, and pain and suffering. Dude should be fired and possibly facing criminal charges.

IC B3

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by urbaneruralite

Correct. It would not be within the “totality of circumstances”. That is, unless it’s his love child....

This isn't a court room. The public needs to know that police actions they might approve of if done to certain types of people will also be done to people they would never approve of it being done to, including themselves.

We're not talking legality. We're talking right or wrong and good or evil. That cop was wrong by any reasonable measure even though he is protected by law. He probably even thinks he's doing the right thing and is generally an OK person outside of work. This is evil.

I totally get it. If one of my officers pulled something like this, I wouldn’t care who was in the car, it’s not right and shows an inordinate amount of aggression and piss-poor judgment. I’d do everything in my power to make sure they never wore a badge again.

The totality of circumstances doesn’t just mean the exclusion of facts that weren’t known in order to justify the officer’s actions, it also can show a lack of objective reasonableness to justify their actions. What he did, given what was known at that moment, does not pass the reasonable officer standard.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by RickyD

You appear to value the life of a child much like a Nazi valued the life of a Jew. I, on the other hand, believe that all life is precious and should be made known of it's existence, birthed or not. So by my beliefs and thinking that pregnancy should have close to EVERYTHING to do with it. Where is your compassion? Gone, it appears!

The fact she was pregnant makes this a tragedy, but it wouldn’t be a factor to determine if the officer’s actions were reasonable in terms of criminal liability. The court will only hear the facts that lead up to the use of force.

In this case, he attempts to initiate a traffic stop. She moves her vehicle with emergency flashers on toward the right. The shoulder appears to be narrower than the width of her vehicle. The facts show she didn’t have a safe place to stop. If I were making the stop and she did stop at that location, I would be on the PA telling her to proceed to a safer location. His actions were way overboard in my opinion and he should be charged based on his reckless behavior.

The fact she was pregnant will exacerbate the potential consequences of his recklessness and negligence. This will have it’s value in the civil proceeding.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Both your posts are spot on and, thankfully, very reassuring. Thanks.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by jaguartx

I have gotten so tired of this kind of crap. I’ll admit, 15 years ago, I wouldn’t believe people who complained about bad behavior. But, the longer I did the job, my opinions on this stuff has really changed. I no longer pal around with coworkers just because they are coworkers. I’ve found I actually don’t like many of them as people. Its easy to see why some promote and others can’t. Now that I’m in a supervisory role, I don’t put up with stupid crap. When it comes to hiring and probation periods, I’m also really strict. It may not look like it, but this is becoming a more common theme in most areas.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It might easily be said his actions were less acceptable than the woman that mistook her gun for a tazer.

Hers were apperently accidental his were on purpose and could have resulted in two deaths

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I have gotten so tired of this kind of crap. I’ll admit, 15 years ago, I wouldn’t believe people who complained about bad behavior. But, the longer I did the job, my opinions on this stuff has really changed. I no longer pal around with coworkers just because they are coworkers. I’ve found I actually don’t like many of them as people. Its easy to see why some promote and others can’t. Now that I’m in a supervisory role, I don’t put up with stupid crap. When it comes to hiring and probation periods, I’m also really strict. It may not look like it, but this is becoming a more common theme in most areas.

Good for you.,
Any profession, hell any group, has some bad apples.
No shame in that.
It's how those apples are handled.
That shows the character of the group.

Local orchard sells their less then perfect apples out of big
wooden bins. Fill your 1/2 bushel bag, $8.
Beside the bins are 5 gallon buckets.
If you find a bad Apple, put it in the bucket.
The owners don't stand there and defend the rotten apple.
They look for them, and pull them out of the group.

No rotten apples to cause problems for customers.
No rotten apples to make the whole bin look bad.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

I like your style brother!

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

Thank you.

Retired cat herder.

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S

I totally get it. If one of my officers pulled something like this, I wouldn’t care who was in the car, it’s not right and shows an inordinate amount of aggression and piss-poor judgment. I’d do everything in my power to make sure they never wore a badge again.

The totality of circumstances doesn’t just mean the exclusion of facts that weren’t known in order to justify the officer’s actions, it also can show a lack of objective reasonableness to justify their actions. What he did, given what was known at that moment, does not pass the reasonable officer standard.

Doesn't matter, the OP thinks you're a dirtbag just because you wear the blue and a badge.

He's a fugggggin idiot,

U
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
U

I know a county in Georgia that could really use a new sheriff!

Living in a world of G17s and 700s, wishing for P7s and 202s
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
721 members (10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 11point, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 160user, 92 invisible), 2,715 guests, and 1,280 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,695
Posts18,399,890
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.