Hop To
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
[Linked Image from uploads-ssl.webflow.com]

Athlon Helos BTR GEN2 2-12x42 AHMR2 FFP IR MIL #214105 is In Stock

All the attributes of an ideal designated marksman rifle scope, with features equally suitable for the modern hunter or an operators DMR. This DMR scope is ideally suited for anyone looking for solution to short range and mid-range applications, whether you dial or holdover. First Focal Plane MOA and MIL based reticles are always valid at any magnification. Robustly built with fool-proof turrets now featuring true precision zero stop and locking turrets, the Helos BTR GEN2 2-12x is ready to deploy in any field.

First Focal Plane Reticle: First focal plane design allows you to fully utilize specially designed reticles that shrink or grow along with your target as you zoom in or out. These reticles offer quick target engagement at low power while offering precise holdover positions with finer details.
Locking Turrets: Locking feature on both elevation and windage turrets allows you to simply pull up the turrets to dial and push down the turrets to lock them in place. This feature gives you a peaceful mind whether you are moving from one station to next during your competition or putting them away for your next hunting trip.
Illuminated Reticle: The illuminated reticle provides greater visibility during dusk and dawn and other low ambient light environment.
Etched Glass Reticle: Reticle etched on the glass that provides excellent backing support for complex reticle design and offers great durability and much higher shock resistance to recoil
Advanced Fully Multicoated: Fully Multicoated optics effectively reduces reflected light and increases the transmission of light giving you a brighter image than normal single coated lenses
6061 T6 Aluminum: The 6061T6 aircraft grade aluminum tube that has exceptional strength and superior mechanical integrity will protect these world class optics no matter what punishment you throw at it.
Heat Treated One Piece Tube Construction: Heat treated one piece tube gives the scope extra strength over multi-piece tubes. A one piece tube also is better at keeping moisture out thus keeping your scope fog proof for the life of the product
Waterproof: Waterproof to protect the scope in the harshest weather conditions or if accidentally submerged underwater
Fog proof: Fog proof to allow you to immediately engage your target when you take your rifle to cold ambient temperature from warm inside
Shockproof: Robust mechanical system with special designs on both control and erector system that give you the ultimate recoil resistance to withstand 1000G recoil for 1000 times.
Argon Purged: Argon Purging uses the inertia gas with bigger size molecules to purge any moisture out of the tube giving you better waterproofing and thermal stability .

Magnification 2-12
Objective Lens Diameter 42 mm
Reticle AHMR2 FFP IR MIL, Glass Etched
Surface Finish Matte
Lens Coating Wide Band Fully Multi-Coated
Extra Coating Xtra Protective Coating
Tube Material Aircraft Grade Aluminium
Tube Diameter 30 mm
Eye Relief 3.6 inches
Field of View @100 yards 55.7-9.6 feet
Click Value 0.1 MIL
Adjustment range per rotation 10MIL
Total Elevation Adjustment 32MIL
Total Windage Adjustment 25MIL
Turret Style Exposed
Parallax Adjustment Side Focus – 10 yards to infinity
Purging Material Argon
Length 11.8 inches
Weight 25.4 ounces

Check out our new Just Arrived Section and our Latest Sales Flyer

We appreciate all the orders and support. Please stay well and safe.

If there is anything you're looking for please give us a call at 516-217-1000. It is always our pleasure to speak with you. Always give a call to discuss options and what would be best for your needs

Have a great day & please follow us on Instagram at gr8fuldoug1 smile

Thank you for your continued support.
If there is anything else that I can assist you with please let me know.
Doug
Camera Land
720 Old Bethpage Road
Old Bethpage, NY 11804
516-217-1000
Please visit our web site @ www.cameralandny.com

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

BP-B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Ordered one the other day,for a pending 224 PPC Alaskan Improved build.

Obliged................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks for the support. I look forward to your opinion

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Actually rather pleasantly fhuqking surprised,as I opened the parcel not 10 minutes ago. Glass/eyebox are rather good and illumination is beyond daylight bright. Tough to beat an etched mil reticle and I've zero qualm with a floating dot and a lineal windage scale which follows suit,to the whole Enchilada. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

2-12x obviously covers alotta bases and the size is friendly. Hint.

The reticle is well thunked and Base Ten has no equal. Iggle nest is but 227yds away,in the backyard. Hint.

Will toss it aboard a heavy Vudoo or a 'Schutz and whirl on the erector more than a smidge and check subtensions,along with tracking. Pardon the sweltering heat waves(50-degrees currently) and the rain. Hint.

LAUGHING!................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
So Stick, think this reticle would be useable at low power for woods hunting? Mac

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
These Athlon Helos BTR GEN2 2-12x42 Riflescopes are only $439.99 through Monday during our July 4th Sale

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Hey, Stink, how long do you soak them in the drain field before mounting them?

I'd rather die in a BAD gunfight than a GOOD nursing home.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Mac284338
So Stick, think this reticle would be useable at low power for woods hunting? Mac

Given the zoom ratio range,forgiving eyebox and ease of acquisition,along with the FFP etched reticle and killer illumination,it would certainly default to being exceptional by literal design. Schit don't get faster or fhuqking easier than a Red Dot,which it happily transitions into with zoom selection. Hint.

If'n I don't get sidetracked,I might build another High RPM 224 Grendel Krunchenticker for 90gr Beer Cans tonight and this glass would host same nicely. The 10yd parallax is an exceedingly good call,as are locking turrets and it's a well thunked out Utility Glass. That assuming it tracks,repeats and holds zero,which has yet to be determined. Hint.

Assuming the innards,rate with the outtards,it'll default to a Lightning QUICK Killer,capably covering from Spittin' Distance,to the Transonic Slip,ala 32 Mil's of erector travel.10 Mil's of windage subtension,is certainly nice for Movers. Hint.

I reckon I just sold more than a few scopes. Hint...................(grin)

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Yep! Thanks. Your first pic did it!!

Got one on the way!

Enthusiastic to put this on my Tikka Roughtech 6.5CM....Mike

Last edited by Mac284338; 07/02/21.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I think that will be a rather good melding. 19 eye and 30 objective. Hint.

Only rattled a couple hunnert rounds through it,but made certain to adjust the erector between every shot and often rolled zoom to boot. It tracks and repeats. Put over 350 Mil's in it between shots at 50yds and was able to hit staples,so things return rather close,despite the enthusiastic winds. Hint.

Turrets lock,in their downward position to preclude unwanted input. On top of that,there's a mechanical zero-stop to boot,though I didn't employ it here for R&D. Hint.

May slide it aboard a Garrow Hummer Krunchenticker this evening. The fhuqking thing exceeded all expectations,which is a nice "problem" to have. Hint................

IC B3

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Copy on your report! Roger on the 19/30. Mike

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Using Strelok+. Asked Igor there to add this reticle. His update will show up "when enough changes accumulate" whenever that is. Meantme, anyone know which other Athon has similar subtensions to allow using it as my default in Strelok+ ? Will inquire of Athlon also. Mike

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It's simply a Mil Scale,which correlates to most things worth a fhuqk,as reticles go. Subtensions are money. Whole and half Mil Scale easily discerned and can be broken down to a 1/10 Mil,with no problem. I keep all DOPE Base Ten,in both windage and elevation,which obviously translates to a myriad of mil scale reticles. There's nothing "proprietary" to add,as it's a base language,which doesn't need "translation". Hint.

Pick a bullet/speed in a given atmosphere and POA/POI correlations are easily arranged as per whim. Takes seconds. Hint.

Most Mil scale turrets are 1/10 Mil "clicks" and they of course extrapolate to the Mil Scale,as do etched reticles scaled same. DOPE doesn't change from scope to scope to scope,due those constants. The amount of subtension opportunity can change(as now pictured above),but not the scale. The half Mil and whole Mil breakdown constant of different Make/Model reticles,is likely a "touch" handy to extrapolate across a very wide course of opportunity. Hint..................(grin)

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Thanks Stick, I did a big "DUH it's MIL's" as soon as I wrote that figured I'd let it go...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Nawwwww...I'm certain that clarifies multiple things,for more than a few. Seems pretty fhuqking obvious to conjoin a lineal etched scale,that speaks the same language as the turrets and go FFP,so zoom ratio can't skew same. Add illumination and all dots are connected by literal default. Hint.

Too bad that Fhuqking Reupold can't have a "DUH!" Moment and connect a dot,either mechanically for zero retention/tracking/repeats,or do a reticle worth a fhuqk,that is aligned with turrets and FFP illuminated. Though you can "score" CDS and a Goat Fhuqk SFP reticle,that can't correlate it's erector. Pretty fhuqking FUNNY! Hint..................

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Scope looks good ... will be interested to see how it holds up. Never would've previously thought of Athlon as the place to go for a scope in this price range.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I bought it laughing,figuring it would be a piece of fhuqking schit,like a Optika6 or Burrass...but was/am VERY fhuqking surprised at mechanical integrity. Hint.

The Burrass easily being Reupold schitty. ZERO fhuqking tracking or repeats on THE Vudoo or Franklin Whizzum. Vudoo 50yd Tracking Test paper shown. Hint.

The Optika6 also a piece of fhuqking schit. No tracking or repeats,with either the original or it's replacement. Not fit to ride a Supersoaker. Hint.

I've yet to see a scope that won't track or repeat,"MAGICALLY" be good at zero retention either. Hint.......................(grin)

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Yep, a $700+ 3-15 CDS taught me to avoid such schit after only 5 shots...sold it that day and learned my lesson.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Big Stick
I bought it laughing,figuring it would be a piece of fhuqking schit,like a Optika6 or Burrass...but was/am VERY fhuqking surprised at mechanical integrity. Hint.

Based on my one experience, I just ordered two more. wink. Will be interesting to compare notes!

Good shootin'. smile -Al

Forbidden Zoner
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Much to my GREAT "surprise",they are now out of stock. I "wonder" why? Hint.(grin)

Ordered (2) more myself,which were forecast to arrive in a "couple" weeks. Hint.....................

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
669 members (12344mag, 12308300, 1234, 163bc, 06hunter59, 75 invisible), 2,677 guests, and 1,228 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,614
Posts18,398,421
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.