Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
ribka Online Sleepy OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
As people are flooding into western states from Dem run schithole and driving up the cost of housing (duh) compounded by scarcity of building supplies and inflation caused by the shutdown, I've noticed a trend that many young people moving out to these states can't find housing. Looking on their social media you'll soon notice many with no education or degrees in art or sociology and no skills that are marketable. Yet they all demand a livable wage over $30 an hour and they all say they won't work in horrible slave conditions , ( formerly known as a standard work place) and they want to buy houses with no money saved up. Pretty funny.

https://www.9news.com/article/news/...U3Gv5YJRBa2b4EVGIRyUscFNzqQ-h52Lfpx-9w8g

comments

Mike Shannon
Its about time when are we as working class people going to stand up and say enough is enough no reason a 1800 square ft house should be that much money in any other state its still Affordable. Its going to be the revolutionary war all over again till something changes

Megan Simms
The same thing is happening in Idaho. They suggested tent cities for mountain workers. Tent cities? In the mountains? in winter? So the elite can play. Its pretty disgusting.

Ian Armstrong
Chris Larson maybe that's what the people want. Maybe they've seen that capitalism is greedier than the government.

I smell the Dems starting another riot movement this summer. These bernie useful idiots cause their own problems with poor life decisions and continuously voting blue that destroy their futures.

Last edited by ribka; 06/10/21.
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Keep driving those values up, we gunna sell out and live down by the river in a van.

LOL
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Looking on their social media you'll soon notice many with no education or degrees in art or sociology and no skills that are marketable.
"XYZ Manufacturing now hiring. We have openings in Black Studies, Ugandan History, and Modern Dance. No experience required"

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I can’t find their comment tab or I’d register and spank some vulvas.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by slumlord
I can’t find their comment tab or I’d register and spank some vulvas.

vulva spanking, America's Pastime.

LOL
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
People in Hell want ice water. Wanting ain’t getting. There will always be an AOC-Davey Hogg type that will make a living winding these morons up, but nothing will ever come of it. Rioting isn’t very efficient in The Sticks, as stuff is too spread out, and country folks tend to shoot back.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
They should apply to work the McClelland Stafford Ferry in North Central MT. I'm pretty sure the job comes with the house that's right there. You'd get to live right on the river in some gorgeous country rent-free.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
In about 1983 there was an oil boom bust in Abilene Texas. They had just built a new subdivision with small houses around 1800 sq/ft. Couldn't sell them so they added appliances and a small car in the driveway to up the anti. Times have changed.

R
ribka Online Sleepy OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Sam Montana

" Things were much different in the 1960s for example. Only one parent had to work to provide for a family of 4. Provide plenty of food, a house, a car or two, health insurance, etc. Today, it takes 2 parents to work, and many times multiple jobs just to provide what one job used to, if even that much. Something has gone wrong. Looking back it could have started with Nixon and the high inflation, or it could have started with Reagan and his economic policies".

yep Reagan and Nixon's fault sam has a high school education, no job skills and can't buy a home now. lol

Jennifer Kelly- college drop out from California blames Trump

Jennifer Kelly. "how much is a result of tRump policies???? Duh"

Andrew Artman---Andrew is "inewmployed ( his spelling)" and didn't finish community college

"Sure, keep ignoring it. Lets see who pours you your IPA, waxes your boards, shovels your walkways, drives your buses, manages your ski terrain, cleans trails, and stocks your food when everybody's had to move to Denver or places beyond because you're too cheap to pay them a living wage and too greedy to be reasonable on rent".

IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
The everybody gets a trophy bunch .

OMG - yesterday evening @ Lowes - tongue & groove OSB $72 per sheet laugh ------------------> dayom ,, just saying

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
My son graduated with 3 degrees: history, philosophy, and German. I was dubious to say the least but it was his life. He ended up going back and getting a nursing degree. He's doing very well as an RN and thinking about getting a Nurse Practitioner rating.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ribka
Sam Montana

" Things were much different in the 1960s for example. Only one parent had to work to provide for a family of 4. Provide plenty of food, a house, a car or two, health insurance, etc. Today, it takes 2 parents to work, and many times multiple jobs just to provide what one job used to, if even that much. Something has gone wrong. Looking back it could have started with Nixon and the high inflation, or it could have started with Reagan and his economic policies".

And in the 1960's, every house had a handful of $1,000 iphones, cable tv, fiber optic internet, air conditioning, expensive hair appointments every 3 weeks, flat screen tv's in 5 rooms of the house, $500 gaming consoles, wardrobes full of clothes that would last a guy for months without ever having to do laundry, multiple cars with every technological gimmick embedded in it to make the driving experience better, etc, etc, etc.

"minimum wage"/"living wage"/"below poverty level" are all dependent on who is deciding what the minimum it takes to live on truly is. 1,000 square foot house or 3,500 square foot house? Indoor plumbing or an outhouse? central heat and air? window unit? screen door and open windows? Many people find it hard to believe, that some of the things we use daily in life are really just 'wants' and not 'needs'. I'm just glad I am in the position to have many of my wants taken care of. Got that white privilege thing going for me ya know? smile

R
ribka Online Sleepy OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by horse1
They should apply to work the McClelland Stafford Ferry in North Central MT. I'm pretty sure the job comes with the house that's right there. You'd get to live right on the river in some gorgeous country rent-free.

yuck!!!! no Starbucks and probably crappy wifi no thanks!!!

R
ribka Online Sleepy OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
My son graduated with 3 degrees: history, philosophy, and German. I was dubious to say the least but it was his life. He ended up going back and getting a nursing degree. He's doing very well as an RN and thinking about getting a Nurse Practitioner rating.

good on him. You obviously did a good job raising him

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Every single one of these snowflakes ought to be told "If you don't like it here, go back to where you came from. You are not entitled to a single thing you have not worked for - and you have not done a thing since you arrived."

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Learn a trade, skilled workers are need.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rainshot
In about 1983 there was an oil boom bust in Abilene Texas. They had just built a new subdivision with small houses around 1800 sq/ft. Couldn't sell them so they added appliances and a small car in the driveway to up the anti. Times have changed.

Sounds like Rocket City in FL. Big, deserted subdivision as a result of a huge decline in the aerospace industry. Always wondered what they did with that place.

What fresh Hell is this?
C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
Let's move to the Colorado mountains, somewhere in between some ski areas where there is limited flat ground to build on and try to force a social crisis.
It won't matter that I have no work skills, I have a Liberal Arts degree (but haven't paid off the student loan) and we'll make them provide housing for us, and a "living wage"

"Camping places fix themselves in your mind as if you had spent long periods of your life in them.
You will remember a curve of your wagon track in the grass of the plain like the features of a friend."
Isak Dinesen

R
ribka Online Sleepy OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by colodog
Let's move to the Colorado mountains, somewhere in between some ski areas where there is limited flat ground to build on and try to force a social crisis.
It won't matter that I have no work skills, I have a Liberal Arts degree (but haven't paid off the student loan) and we'll make them provide housing for us, and a "living wage"

I want to work 4 months out the year as a Colorado ski bum with my art history degree that cost me 160 k , smoke dope the other 8 months on unemployment and I demand a livable wage and housing

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

576 members (1lessdog, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 1lesfox, 160user, 1Longbow, 54 invisible), 2,683 guests, and 1,239 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,365
Posts18,469,021
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.