Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
Holy smokes these bring big $$ anyone know how many were made in 44 mag?

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/902022895

I like guns | optics | fishing
BP-B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
The Night Guard series often bring in $. Here's a 310 (10mm/40 S&W) from the same seller that looks like it may end higher than the 44:

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/902015304

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I remember wanting a Night Guard shortly after they stopped making them. It was a winner design. Can't understand why they discontinued it.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
I remember wanting a Night Guard shortly after they stopped making them. It was a winner design. Can't understand why they discontinued it.

The answer is simple, it wasn't a winning design and it didn't sell well enough to remain in production

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
They are cool guns. I had a 327, 8 shot 357 that I wish I hadn't sold. Still have a 310 and really like it with 40's. The 44 special would be a really cool little revolver. That same seller has several NG's listed:

https://www.gunbroker.com/Revolvers...p;IncludeSellers=1551655&PageSize=24

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by jwp475

The answer is simple, it wasn't a winning design and it didn't sell well enough to remain in production

Didn't sell likely for two reasons: 1) ineffective advertising (I hadn't heard of them till they had already stopped production, and I'm fairly tuned into to the gun world), and 2) they didn't keep them in production long, which didn't give customers time to discover they existed.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Didn't sell likely for two reasons: 1) ineffective advertising (I hadn't heard of them till they had already stopped production, and I'm fairly tuned into to the gun world), and 2) they didn't keep them in production long, which didn't give customers time to discover they existed.

Didn't sell well because it was a bad idea from the beginning. A light weight 44 mag for concealed carry isn't a good idea.

I have a M357 PD with 4" barrel and I like it but I wouldn't give a crap about one with a 2" barrel

Semi auto's rule for concealed carry

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

Didn't sell well because it was a bad idea from the beginning. A light weight 44 mag fir concealed carry isn't a good idea.

I have a M357 PD with 4" barrel and I like it but I wouldn't give a crap about on with a 2" barrel

Semi auto's rule for concealed carry

With bullet improvement and the advent of real reliable compact autos in effective calibers the Jon Jovino days of folks wanting to CCW a big bore snubgun are pretty much in the rear view.

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
They could make a lot more money producing M&P's. That's why Lew Horton doesn't have their big bore revolver specials anymore. Plastic is in. But, I agree with you.

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U

Didn't sell well because it was a bad idea from the beginning. A light weight 44 mag fir concealed carry isn't a good idea.

That's the thinking man's answer. The problem is, many people buy a gun on impulse. They read about the new, lightweight, super-duper magnum and just have to have one. That's why you see a lot of 44M/454 revolvers and over 30cal magnum rifles in the used racks and cases. People buy them and the first trip to the range, they get their first practical physics lesson. If it hurts on one end, it'll hurt on the other, as well.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
They still make the 329pd which is lighter, larger profile and has more recoil…. 🤷🏼‍♂️

D
dla Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by UPhiker

That's the thinking man's answer. The problem is, many people buy a gun on impulse. They read about the new, lightweight, super-duper magnum and just have to have one. That's why you see a lot of 44M/454 revolvers and over 30cal magnum rifles in the used racks and cases. People buy them and the first trip to the range, they get their first practical physics lesson. If it hurts on one end, it'll hurt on the other, as well.

Well said. The girly men and the shrunken genital crowd (who like to pose a revolver with whiskey and a knife) find out that the air weight series in 44mag are purpose built guns.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I get that some of you have no use for a packable 44 revolver; but some people do use them and use them well.

What's absurd is that heavy revolvers can't even be discussed here without smallbore evangelists howling about plastic pistols, 'advances in bullet technology' and eventually, split times in everything up to and including the act of procreation.

Oh gee, I forgot. It's always 9mm Pride Week at the Campfire.

Last edited by SargeMO; 06/11/21. Reason: Spelling and spacing. The rest stands.

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by SargeMO
I get that some of you have no use for a packable 44 revolver; but some people do use them and use them well.

What's absurd is that heavy revolvers can't even
be discussed here without smallbore evangeligelists howling about plastic pistols, 'advances in bullet technology' and eventually, split times in everything up to and including the act of procreation.

Oh gee, I forgot. It's always 9mm Pride Week at the Campfire.

I hope you weren't referencing me. I was merely referencing the business model and opportunity cost. For how few Nightguards were made, were they worth devoting a skilled production line to them? I'm sure the people "fitting" revolvers are paid more than those slapping polymer guns together.

Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
I enjoy both my 329ng and Glock 20

Attached Images
Last edited by Rodney482; 06/11/21.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by Rodney482

As your picture illustrates the Glock has a lot more ammo for close to the same bulk

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Didn't sell well because it was a bad idea from the beginning. A light weight 44 mag for concealed carry isn't a good idea.

I was referring to the Night Guard series of revolvers, not specifically a lightweight .44 Magnum. I had a Scandium S&W .44 Magnum, and agree it's a bad idea. I sold it to my nephew, and he agrees with me that it should be thought of as a .44 Special, i.e., don't plan on ever shooting full power .44 Magnum out of it.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
They still make the 329pd which is lighter, larger profile and has more recoil…. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Yep. Had one for years. After shooting full power loads, I consigned it to strictly being a .44 Special.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Yep. Had one for years. After shooting full power loads, I consigned it to strictly being a .44 Special.

I figured the 329 was intended as an emergency hammer that was light enough to always have on you; and in the situations for which it would be employed, recoil would be way down the list of priorities.

I am pretty badly tempted these days by the short Model 69.

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular

As your picture illustrates the Glock has a lot more ammo for close to the same bulk

When im bowhunting in grizz country the 329 is my choice.

I run buffalo bore hard cast in both.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
701 members (11point, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 160user, 117LBS, 12344mag, 82 invisible), 2,654 guests, and 1,286 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,691
Posts18,399,843
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.