Hop To
P
pullit Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
Just a heads up
I called S&W today about mags for the Shield Plus. They told me before that it would be the end of April, today they told me that "we don't know when the mags will be out".
I like the gun a lot but I am wondering now if I should have just bought the compact instead.

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
BP-B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by pullit
Just a heads up
I called S&W today about mags for the Shield Plus. They told me before that it would be the end of April, today they told me that "we don't know when the mags will be out".
I like the gun a lot but I am wondering now if I should have just bought the compact instead.

I have a sneaking suspicion that they made a deal with the devil (The Biden Administration) to hold up on the release of the mags till they've had a chance to outlaw magazines higher in capacity than 10 rounds.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Wouldn't be the first time S&W or Ruger let it be known they were ok with a 10 round count for magazines. I just can't wrap my head around it.

P
pullit Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
can't see why you would cut your own throat

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by pullit
Just a heads up

Yes, I have not seen anything better than G26 since 1994.

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I just got off the phone with S&W Customer Service. The guy claims they're producing them and sending them out to satisfy existing orders at places like Midway USA and Brownells, but they can't keep up with demand. The reason this seems fishy to me is that I have been on both of their "Contact Me" lists for a couple of months, i.e., they are supposed to email me whenever they get a shipment in, yet in the two months I've been on those lists, I haven't gotten a single email telling me they came in. If S&W were actually shipping them to those two online stores, I'd have gotten emails. I told him this, and he said that there were likely people ahead of me at Brownells and Midway, but that's not how "Contact Me" works. "Contact Me" works by sending an email out to everyone on that list whenever they get a shipment in, and then its a race to order before they run out again. No emails means that they are not getting any from S&W. I told him this, and he admitted that they are having enough trouble making enough mags just to put in the boxes with the guns they are selling, i.e., they are selling the guns like hotcakes.

I don't know. Something smells fishy about this.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
I just got off the phone with S&W Customer Service. The guy claims they're producing them and sending them out to satisfy existing orders at places like Midway USA and Brownells, but they can't keep up with demand. The reason this seems fishy to me is that I have been on both of their "Contact Me" lists for a couple of months, i.e., they are supposed to email me whenever they get a shipment in, yet in the two months I've been on those lists, I haven't gotten a single email telling me they came in. If S&W were actually shipping them to those two online stores, I'd have gotten emails. I told him this, and he said that there were likely people ahead of me at Brownells and Midway, but that's not how "Contact Me" works. "Contact Me" works by sending an email out to everyone on that list whenever they get a shipment in, and then its a race to order before they run out again. No emails means that they are not getting any from S&W. I told him this, and he admitted that they are having enough trouble making enough mags just to put in the boxes with the guns they are selling, i.e., they are selling the guns like hotcakes.

I don't know. Something smells fishy about this.

I’ve had problems with me not being notified by Midway multiple times this year. I never called to ask why. Brownells is worse, they apparently have multiple data bases that don’t always correlate. Several times I’ve been able to buy an item over the phone or online, only to find its out of stock because it’s already been purchased or doesn’t exist. I called one time this year and was basically told that what appears online doesn’t always exist, even if you buy it. I wouldn’t doubt it’s just a strait supply and demand issue, supply chain and scheduling issue.

Last edited by smallfry; 06/11/21.
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
I just checked the website of a major distributor and they show them as "Coming Soon", so it sounds like the S&W CS was giving a line of BS.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There may be a conspiracy, but never underestimate S&W's ability to screw things up.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
L
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
L
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

IC B3

P
pullit Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
lots of places show them on their websites but all say out of stock or coming soon or something to that effect.
Went to my local GS today, he carried me in the back and we looked at all of his supplies, (wholesaler) on the computer, nobody had them.
I don't believe S&W has ever shipped one that was not with a gun.
Don't have any proof but I have talked to them twice and got 2 different stories that are not even close.

Last edited by pullit; 06/11/21.

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Are they still shipping 2 with each gun? If so, that's better than what SIG did after Sandy Hook. They started shipping their guns with one mag because they said that they wanted to get the guns into consumers' hands but didn't have enough mags. They gave you a coupon that allowed you to buy one mag from them. What made the whole thing stink was that the distributors always had SIG mags in stock. So, they were upping their profits by giving only one with the gun, at the same price, while selling extras after.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Smith & Wesson did a deal with the Clintons back in the 1990s, didn't they? I know Colt did.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Henny Penny, the sky is falling!

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MOGC
Henny Penny, the sky is falling!

Do not worry, you can always carry G26 plus couple G18 33 round magazines in your man purse or coveralls leg pockets (originally mean for old style folding tape measure) like they used to wear on great American show Hee-Haaw.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
693 members (160user, 12344mag, 12308300, 17CalFan, 16Racing, 1234, 65 invisible), 2,703 guests, and 1,262 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,621
Posts18,398,558
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.