Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
R
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
When are people gonna stop living off the govt and get off their lazy ass and go back to work? Virtually every business in the area has a help wanted sign up. Some restaurants are combining locations just to keep one open over lack of help. Construction is booming. Wages are out of sight high. Cant find labor. And good labor is a whole different topic. Somethings gotta give

GB1

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Keep the faith Brother. The Federal free ride is scheduled to end 9/5!

(of course they have extended it twice before, but this time they mean it!)

haha.

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Have two worthless pieces of [bleep] drawing on me right now. Contested it and the Employment commission said they’re too busy processing claims to make a determination of whether the claims Ive contested are legitimate or not.
In the meantime it’s costing me a few grand a year.

Lazy azz crackers.

Last edited by jackmountain; 06/11/21.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Not all are still unemployed and drawing unemployment benefits.

Some just found other work and for what ever reason decided not to go back to their old job when recalled.

No doubt many found jobs that paid better and with benefits or better benefits than their old job.

A woman I know didn't return to her old job where she had worked for around 30 years as server in a restaurant. She said she'd made good in tips at the restaurant but much rather have the health insurance at her new job.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I've been working my ass off this whole time. How do I get in on this doing nothing and get paid for it schidt?

IC B2

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Stophel
I've been working my ass off this whole time. How do I get in on this doing nothing and get paid for it schidt?

Me too, when I have been a little slow I’ve been keeping my ducks in a row business wise and doing the garden and cleaning out fence rows just for schitts and giggles.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
My wife was layed off when it first hit last year because less people were going to the Dr for small stuff. She was making about the same on unemployment as she did as a part time PA with the extra money.

Then the Dr called one day and said she had to be back to work the next morning or she was fired. It was the first we even heard from him and all he had to do was ask.

Turns out he took some Grant money from the feds and he had to have the same employees come back to work soon or pay it back. It was still really slow at first when my wife went back and they didn't need her but the Federal grant was on the line.

I don't know how it works but a lot of employers got federal money too. My wife's boss did and he's white.

Bb

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
My wife was layed off when it first hit last year because less people were going to the Dr for small stuff. She was making about the same on unemployment as she did as a part time PA with the extra money.

Then the Dr called one day and said she had to be back to work the next morning or she was fired. It was the first we even heard from him and all he had to do was ask.

Turns out he took some Grant money from the feds and he had to have the same employees come back to work soon or pay it back. It was still really slow at first when my wife went back and they didn't need her but the Federal grant was on the line.

I don't know how it works but a lot of employers got federal money too. My wife's boss did and he's white.

Bb

There is web site that you can type in your zip code and it will show you every one Around you that got Covid money and how much. It is crazy at the money they gave out.... who knew that there was 1500 "laquishas" doing nail salons out of their homes in my zip code alone.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
My best friend's son (18) got his first job working aa a laborers "helper" for a refinery contracts last year. Job lasted three weeks before he was laid off. He received the equivalent of $40 per hour unemployment until a few weeks ago.

Now he's 19, his girlfriend is pregnant, and he's working graveyards for half the money.

Am I wrong to laugh?

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by ltppowell
My best friend's son (18) got his first job working aa a laborers "helper" for a refinery contracts last year. Job lasted three weeks before he was laid off. He received the equivalent of $40 per hour unemployment until a few weeks ago.

Now he's 19, his girlfriend is pregnant, and he's working graveyards for half the money.

Am I wrong to laugh?

Depends, what does the girl friend look like?

IC B3

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D

Am I wrong to laugh?

He got $1,600 week?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Ducksanddogs

Am I wrong to laugh?

He got $1,600 week?

$1000 per week.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Y’all work 25 hour weeks in Texas? Wasn’t the add-on only like $300/wk? Texas was paying $700/wk in unemployment?? I’ll be dämned. I thought oil was low!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Y’all work 25 hour weeks in Texas? Wasn’t the add-on only like $300/wk? Texas was paying $700/wk in unemployment?? I’ll be dämned. I thought oil was low!

You people think a lot of stuff. You probably know a lot of stuff too. It's usually better to stick with the latter.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Fugg you wall street loving pricks.

Send them checks.

I am MAGA.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D

You people think a lot of stuff. You probably know a lot of stuff too. It's usually better to stick with the latter.

Do what?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Burleyboy

Bb

The company I worked for did that, I heard over 7 mil, furloughed half the service dept.

Idiots in HR just picked every other name. At the end of 90 days they were panicking trying to get them back but the business was still slow.

So they came to all the guys that were over 62 or even close and offered up some bucks to "retire" early so the HR "girls" could get their azzes out of the stupid jam.

I was planning on leaving anyway so I took the money.

Tired of working for the Scrooge's anyway.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
There will come a time when it will all collapse and the carnage will be vast.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There's one reason and one reason only why the "assistance" is still active- to condition a massive number of people to demand universal base income.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I didn’t miss a lick, saved money while things were shut down.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

124 members (338reddog, 673, 444Matt, 6MMWASP, 257robertsimp, 450yukon, 15 invisible), 1,676 guests, and 1,012 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,184
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.