Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 16 of 16 1 2 14 15 16
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Tks Bob!

Just goes to show you what a Republican majority can get done if they have the resolve. I wish things like this had been accomplished at the National level by the House and Senate when we were able..

Never forget: Sen. Chuck Grassley killed H.R. 38 at the end of 2018 - national concealed carry reciprocity act. It would have let anybody with a state-issued license carry in ANY state.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

BP-B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Abbott has until Monday to sign the Bill.

Apparently he is being pressured by TX Law Enforcement to veto the Bill.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by steve4102

https://house.texas.gov/about-us/bill/

GOVENOR’S ACTION

Upon receiving a bill a governor has 10 days in which to sign the law, veto it, or allow it to become law without a signature

The final version was passed by the committee May 24th, almost three weeks ago, dunno the official date of Gov. Abbott receiving the bill.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

https://house.texas.gov/about-us/bill/

GOVENOR’S ACTION

Upon receiving a bill a governor has 10 days in which to sign the law, veto it, or allow it to become law without a signature

The final version was passed by the committee May 24th, almost three weeks ago, dunno the official date of Gov. Abbott receiving the bill.

https://bearingarms.com/camedwards/2021/06/11/deadline-abbott-constitutional-carry-n46439

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Has Abbott followed through with his promise and signed The Bill?

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
"Never forget: Sen. Chuck Grassley killed H.R. 38 at the end of 2018 - national concealed carry reciprocity act. It would have let anybody with a state-issued license carry in ANY state."

A bill repugnant to the whole idea of having separate states.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Has Abbott followed through with his promise and signed The Bill?

Nary a peep in the media so I expect not, at least now it will become law by default..... I hope.

Prob'ly he's waiting for a more politically opportune time to sign it and other new firearms-related laws, doing this right after the Austin shooting would just be handing raw meat to the MSM.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by 5thShock
"Never forget: Sen. Chuck Grassley killed H.R. 38 at the end of 2018 - national concealed carry reciprocity act. It would have let anybody with a state-issued license carry in ANY state."

So your drivers license shouldn't be recognized in ALL states? Wouldn't that be equally repugnant?

Last edited by MickeyD; 06/15/21.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by MickeyD

So your drivers license shouldn't be recognized in ALL states? Wouldn't that be equally repugnant?

Interstate driving is so beneficial to the commerce of all states that I think it probably is a legitimate special case. But I do take your point.

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

IC B3

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Does this bill apply to anyone legally present in Texas or just residents?

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by MickeyD

Interstate driving is so beneficial to the commerce of all states that I think it probably is a legitimate special case. But I do take your point.

"The right of the people KEEP and BEAR arms SHALL NOT be infringed" is FAR more beneficial to a free society!!!!! The only gun control laws we should have would be those that were in place at the time the Constitution was ratified.....that would be none!

By the way, a marriage license from any state is recognized by all states. That surely must also be repugnant to the idea of separate states???

Last edited by MickeyD; 06/16/21.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

"By the way, a marriage license from any state is recognized by all states. That surely must also be repugnant to the idea of separate states???"

I stand well and truly corrected. You are right, I was wrong.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
JFC, it's a done deal and nobody in Texas really cares. I get the symbolic significance, but if you understood the previous laws and culture you'd know that nothing will change.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ltppowell
JFC, it's a done deal and nobody in Texas really cares. I get the symbolic significance, but if you understood the previous laws and culture you'd know that nothing will change.

the only thing that will change for me is I'll carry a 1911 now that I don't have to worry about concealing it, especially in the summer.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Page 16 of 16 1 2 14 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
609 members (219 Wasp, 2003and2013, 007FJ, 160user, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 61 invisible), 2,494 guests, and 1,133 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,599
Posts18,398,245
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.