Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Stophel
I've been working my ass off this whole time. How do I get in on this doing nothing and get paid for it schidt?

Same here, haven't missed a day of work.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
GB1

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Some people are just unemployable.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by Rt50blaster
Cant find labor. And good labor is a whole different topic. Somethings gotta give

How true. That is worthy of a new discussion thread.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
My wife was layed off when it first hit last year because less people were going to the Dr for small stuff. She was making about the same on unemployment as she did as a part time PA with the extra money.

Then the Dr called one day and said she had to be back to work the next morning or she was fired. It was the first we even heard from him and all he had to do was ask.

Turns out he took some Grant money from the feds and he had to have the same employees come back to work soon or pay it back. It was still really slow at first when my wife went back and they didn't need her but the Federal grant was on the line.

I don't know how it works but a lot of employers got federal money too. My wife's boss did and he's white.

Bb

Careful, there.
You are treading in dangerous ground.

Employees are worthless, bloodsucking, pieces of schitz.
Asking for benefits, or raises just proves it.

Employers are sacrosanct.
Unquestionable images of virtue.
Begging for tax breaks or grants is their prerogative and shouldn't be questioned or mentioned.

Every business I'm aware of here got some of that grant pie.
If they don't meet the requirements for it being a grant, it becomes a 1% loan.
Sweet deal either way.

At work, they were furloughing every other week or so.
Just part of a week, guys did a claim got the partial UC, +$600.

That grant came in and suddenly we had high paid janitors and utility
people.

Sure this will piss of some employers.
But think about perceptions.
Employees bitch about employees all the time.
Heck, employees agree.

But let someone complain about the boss/employer.

Suddenly, that dude is no good.
"He isn't tied there.
Find another job.
Or the most likely is an assumption that it's all the worker."

I even process it that way.
As an employee. Of some crappy employers in the past.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by JakeBlues
There's one reason and one reason only why the "assistance" is still active- to condition a massive number of people to demand universal base income.

+1

Wife and I have neither of us missed a day of work yet. I don’t want anything extra, but I want the spigot turned off.

MAGA
IC B2

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Hell no.

Break the spigot off the wall!

The .gov will cost share 95 percent of emergency water projects for Natives.

Only 75 percent for you white guys.

Lets turn the spigot to 11.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by blindshooter
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
My wife was layed off when it first hit last year because less people were going to the Dr for small stuff. She was making about the same on unemployment as she did as a part time PA with the extra money.

Then the Dr called one day and said she had to be back to work the next morning or she was fired. It was the first we even heard from him and all he had to do was ask.

Turns out he took some Grant money from the feds and he had to have the same employees come back to work soon or pay it back. It was still really slow at first when my wife went back and they didn't need her but the Federal grant was on the line.

I don't know how it works but a lot of employers got federal money too. My wife's boss did and he's white.

Bb

The company I worked for did that, I heard over 7 mil, furloughed half the service dept.

Idiots in HR just picked every other name. At the end of 90 days they were panicking trying to get them back but the business was still slow.

So they came to all the guys that were over 62 or even close and offered up some bucks to "retire" early so the HR "girls" could get their azzes out of the stupid jam.

I was planning on leaving anyway so I took the money.

Tired of working for the Scrooge's anyway.

Edit,

Looked for the website tndrbstr mentioned.

The scrooges I worked for got $4.7 mil

One of the guys furloughed has a side business and it just exploded, he was getting 1k a week unemployment and told me his side job was doing at least that much and some weeks over $2k.

He told me the only reason he came back was health insurance and he thought the side job would cool back down when people went back to work.

Last edited by blindshooter; 06/12/21.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Lots of applicants for jobs coming in over the last two weeks. That's a change from the last 3-4 months.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
One of the company men I worked with in the oilfield had an LLC for his consulting role. His wife was an employee for tax reasons. When this all started at the beginning of 2020, he fired her so his LLC could collect some type of handout and so she’d get unemployment.

Just goes to show it’s being abused from all levels.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I am unemployable….worked for the same company for 36 years and always thought I knew more than the (mysteriously let-go) Engineering managers. Escaped with their pension…..but life was fine anyway.

I changed out a rear tie-rod on our Ford 500…….started pulling the engine on a John Deere D140 (for a fun rebuild by yours truly)…..and added stabilizer-bar end-links for an ol’ Explorer.

Thank you, Free-All.

Forever part-time (PRN) home-health nurse came home and asked what I’d done all day.

Just told her I was posting all day on the elk hunting forum.

Originally Posted by wabigoon
Some people are just unemployable.

"Those that think they know everything are annoying those of us that have Google." - Dr. D. Edward Wilkinson

Note to self: Never ask an old Fogey how he is doing today.
Revised note to self: Keep it short when someone asks how I am doing.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
biden has got it but it will all collapse. Then the democrats will blame Trump and his supporters.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

568 members (1minute, 160user, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 007FJ, 1lesfox, 53 invisible), 2,730 guests, and 1,259 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,365
Posts18,469,035
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.