Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by BWalker
Some of you guys crack me up. Do you honestly think a company fresh out of bankruptcy is going to produce a bunch of obscure chit only the most deranged rifle loony would buy? Of course not. They are going to produce stuff that hopefully sells and then branch out from there.

^^^ This

Reminds me of going to SHOT and some friend of a friend of friend, who has no business being at SHOT is bending some vendor/manufacturers rep ear about how this 'XYZ' gadget/gun would be the cats a$$ and they should go into full production - tomorrow, if not later today. In response the vendor/manufacturer rep says "How many will you order/buy?" To which the response is "I only want one." Gotta give those reps credit....some are very good at telling you to GFY.

BWalker is right. Remington is going to produce stuff that hopefully sells and branch out from there. Those that want that 'something special' Remington, XXX cal, 1 in X twist, S/S rifle, with a #X contour barrel and composite stock, etc, etc, etc - you'd be better served to find a good 'smith and have one built - provided your idea isn't too far out in left field. Otherwise, be prepared to wait - a very long time.

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'd hazard a guess and say that said dealer got those from some distributor that had some new, old stock and the 870 Express's show are not new production or a product produced since the Roundhill Group took over. Call me a pessimist.

Originally Posted by tmitch
An area dealer just received these

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.
M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Maybe but they said the 870 was going to be the first model produced so?

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Plus those labels are not the same as they used to be

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mjbgalt

I think that is a smart move. It's is their flagship shotgun, it's a good one, and they can be produced and sold for a good price. In fact I posted here a while back that they should come out of the gate with what has been their best sellers built right. I think we'll learn a little bit about them when we see how they twist the first 223s that come off the line.

IC B2

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Wished I could peek inside that boxed 870. check i, finish, action smoothness, tear down as if to clean it, etc.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I'm just glad they kept the 1911 R1. I love my blued model and have been thinking about getting one in stainless

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by WiFowler
I'd hazard a guess and say that said dealer got those from some distributor that had some new, old stock and the 870 Express's show are not new production or a product produced since the Roundhill Group took over. Call me a pessimist.

I doubt it. Stuff doesn't sit around long enough to gather dust. If anything popular stays on a distributor's shelf for more than a day or two, I'd be surprised.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T

They said they're new post-bankruptcy Remington manufacture

Charter Member
Ancient order of the 1895 Winchester

"It's an insecure and petite man who demands all others like what he likes and dislike what he dislikes."
szihn

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A

They said they're new post-bankruptcy Remington manufacture

Cool........

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A

For the 10th time the unions didn't drive Remington under. Hedge funds and lawsuits did.

It still surprises me how many "gun enthusiasts" are not aware of that.......

The fact is the two previous hedge funds owners--CD&R and Cerberus--borrowed almost 1.1 BILLION dollars against Remington, pocketed the money, and gave Remington the debt. And the fact that Remington was able to service that debt for 11 years is a testament to how well they were doing and how many firearms they were selling.

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by alpinecrick

For the 10th time the unions didn't drive Remington under. Hedge funds and lawsuits did.

It still surprises me how many "gun enthusiasts" are not aware of that.......

The fact is the two previous hedge funds owners--CD&R and Cerberus--borrowed almost 1.1 BILLION dollars against Remington, pocketed the money, and gave Remington the debt. And the fact that Remington was able to service that debt for 11 years is a testament to how well they were doing and how many firearms they were selling.

How did Remington end up in the hands of the hedge fund owners in the first place? Not trying to be an ass. I don’t know.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Teeder
Originally Posted by BobBrown
6mmRem fans will be happy

Excellent! I'm in need of a new elk rifle and I've heard the .243 wasn't big enough.

wink

You heard wrong Teeder.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Jeffrey

How did Remington end up in the hands of the hedge fund owners in the first place? Not trying to be an ass. I don’t know.

Dupont put Remington on the market in 1993 (or thereabouts). CD&R bought them. In the late 90's CD&R borrowed approximately $250 mil against Remington. CD&R sold Remington, and the debt, to Cerberus in 2007. Couple years later Cerberus announced their intention to offer an IPO for Remington. CNN--the anti firearm network that they are--leaped into action and produced Remington Under Fire--precisely to torpedo the IPO. CNN was successful, and Cerberus withdrew the IPO. In leu of an IPO, Cerberus borrowed approximately $800 million against Remington. Remington has been laboring under that debt ever since.

And it's also amazing how many alleged 2A supporters and "gun enthusiasts" bought into CNN's story..........

Casey

Having said that, MAGA.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
alpinecrick's facts are spot on.

It's surprising how clueless most gun enthusiasts are when it comes to things like this. Being uneducated to basic business tactics plays right into the hands of anti gun factions. And networks like CNN have found it relatively easy to get gun lovers, hunters and shooters to eat their own.

Many of the responses here show that they have accomplished their mission.

I'm going to buy the first new Remington I see in one of my local gun stores. -Al

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Forbidden Zoner
G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Some still insist the 14 bolt handles that fell off in 1995 was the reason for the bankruptcy. crazy

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

I think that is a smart move. It's is their flagship shotgun, it's a good one, and they can be produced and sold for a good price. In fact I posted here a while back that they should come out of the gate with what has been their best sellers built right. I think we'll learn a little bit about them when we see how they twist the first 223s that come off the line.

Agree. I'm thinking a 1/8 twist would be a huge indicator of where the company is going.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by kwg020
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

Agree. I'm thinking a 1/8 twist would be a huge indicator of where the company is going.

kwg

Yes, right down the tube.
A 223 in a bolt action is a varmint rifle. A 1:8 twist isn't optimal for varmint bullets.

Last edited by BWalker; 06/15/21.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
There's a huge amount of disinformation out there on the Remington bankruptcy, titles to intellectual property, names, assets, parts, etc. If you have the time and inclination, you can only get correct answers to questions about who got what from the actual bankruptcy court documents, which are all available online. Some of these documents are well over 1,000 pages. https://cases.primeclerk.com/Reming...ibute=6065&DocAttrName=SALEDOCUMENTS

One of the biggest bits of disinformation out there is speculation as to who the "true" Remington is now: the firearms or ammunition companies. The bankruptcy papers say they both are. RemArms owns the Remington name for the purposes of making firearms. And the ammunition company owns the Remington name for the purposes of making ammunition. RemArm would not be permitted to start making ammo and call it Remington. And the ammo company couldn't start making firearms and call them Remington.

Lots of other good stuff in the papers about what actually happened in the bankruptcy and who got what.

What is find interesting is the huge Marlin parts inventory and finished firearms Ruger acquired. There seems to have been a lot of finished Remington made Marlins in the factory that went to Ruger.

U
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
U
Remington made a good O/U a long time ago. Almost everything else has been at best a good buy for the money. They appear to have been beat in that market.

I wish them so much success they forget themselves and produce a quality Model Seven in .260 with the bolt handle on the correct side.

Living in a world of G17s and 700s, wishing for P7s and 202s
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

704 members (160user, 01Foreman400, 007FJ, 163bc, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 64 invisible), 3,139 guests, and 1,357 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,581
Posts18,454,119
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.