Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
All I ever heard the term schitt kickers used for was to reference our boots.

A goat rope has always been any kind of clusterfugg.

Around here they actually have a goat roping event along with "mutton bustin'" for the little tykes at our local rodeos.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
BP-B2

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
From this thread I learned that a goatroper is not a cowboy as I have believed for 60+ years, but is in actuality an insecure texan. Who knew?

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It may be that what was actually said was he was a goat raper, implying that he was from the mid east.

"Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force." --Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Drugstore Cowboy.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
N
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
N
A “goat rope” is kinda like a fuster cluck….at least that’s how we’ve used it in aviation.

Last edited by navlav8r; 06/12/21.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
IC B2

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Yeah....a goat rope is a cluster fūck.

A goat roper is a dipschit. Women rope goats.

I am MAGA.
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Thats why you dont call a schiett kicker one, or guys like you.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
we got ankle bitters up here in Minnesota those are the little guys who think they are tuff , little man wanna-be`s

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Goat roping is generally a women's event in rodeos - I have long been convinced that women can be better ropers than men.
Those goats are duckin'/dodgin' little bastids! smile smile smile
BTW, I've worn cowboy boots my entire life - first remember them called "sheitkickers" as a supposed derogatory term in the middle to late '60's.
The term was quickly embraced by everyone I ran with.

Last edited by mark shubert; 06/12/21.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A Texan whom ropes goats as far as I can tell..

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Originally Posted by navlav8r
A “goat rope” is kinda like a fuster cluck….at least that’s how we’ve used it in aviation.

In Oilfield also.

Goat roper is the [bleep]#p in charge of the goat rope.....

Followed by..

“You’ll have that on those big jobs” 🤣😂🤣🤣

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

It used to be for little girls , imagine 10 little girls and 10 goats ( or sheep) being let loose in a rodeo arena. The 10 little kids all have ropes and winner is the first one to rope a goat and cross the finish line with the goat.

Pretty much a cluster fugg of goats and kids going every which way.

Then there is mutton busting, few things make me laugh harder.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Growing up in central Okie oil patch country there was a goat rope arena up the road a mile folks that kept it going used the goats for the kids to learn on . The girls mostly barrel raced or bent poles. It was a poor boys roping before Corriente cattle came to that part of the world in any numbers. We always had cattle but only roped them as needed.

One Halloween a few of us decided to go catch one of those goats and take it to town to turn loose in the bar. Only one we could catch was a truly full grown "billy" that almost had a full curl of horn he just followed us around while we tried to catch a smaller one so we dragged him to the pickup and sat on him. By the time we dragged him to the front door I guess he had his belly full of being handled rough some guy opened the door from the inside just as we got there and he said"WTF" stepped back and we were so surprised we let go of old Bill but he walked into the bar just like he owned the place. We took off but two of us were inside to watch the fun the lady that was running the bar (which no one really liked) came around and grabbed ole Bill by the horns but he had enough of that and laid her out then stuck his head through the juke box and made everyone in there hunt high ground....Good times...

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by mark shubert
Originally Posted by slumlord
Shît kickers are those black construction/biker boots that fatbitch lesbian antifa wear.

Not west of the Mississippi River!

You don’t have antifa west of the Mississippi?

I know everyday is a blissful walter brennan day.

When I see goths or scabs in black boots, I say looka them shît kickers. Then again, I don’t hang around at the feed store, sitting on a barrel sharpening my barlow.

Deserve's got nuthin to do with it- Willam H Munny
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
All I ever heard the term schitt kickers used for was to reference our boots.

A goat rope has always been any kind of clusterfugg.

Around here they actually have a goat roping event along with "mutton bustin'" for the little tykes at our local rodeos.

This.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Also known as a Nickle-Dick.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by okie
Growing up in central Okie oil patch country there was a goat rope arena up the road a mile folks that kept it going used the goats for the kids to learn on . The girls mostly barrel raced or bent poles. It was a poor boys roping before Corriente cattle came to that part of the world in any numbers. We always had cattle but only roped them as needed.

One Halloween a few of us decided to go catch one of those goats and take it to town to turn loose in the bar. Only one we could catch was a truly full grown "billy" that almost had a full curl of horn he just followed us around while we tried to catch a smaller one so we dragged him to the pickup and sat on him. By the time we dragged him to the front door I guess he had his belly full of being handled rough some guy opened the door from the inside just as we got there and he said"WTF" stepped back and we were so surprised we let go of old Bill but he walked into the bar just like he owned the place. We took off but two of us were inside to watch the fun the lady that was running the bar (which no one really liked) came around and grabbed ole Bill by the horns but he had enough of that and laid her out then stuck his head through the juke box and made everyone in there hunt high ground....Good times...
You live a really rural existence when you can go word-for-word on this story and visualize every detail in your head especially seeing people from your own childhood in the main roles.

Wow.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
As I recall,"cow boy" started out as a derogatory term.

So did "Yankee", from the British derogatory song "Yankee Doodle Dandy". Which was promptly adopted by said Yankers.

I'm sure you wankers (AKA "deplorables") can figure those three words out. smile

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Them goats ain't gonna rope themselves.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
689 members (10gaugemag, 10ring1, 12308300, 007FJ, 160user, 10Glocks, 76 invisible), 2,735 guests, and 1,303 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,637
Posts18,398,948
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.