Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
L
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
L
USA made conquest 3-12x56 mc vs German made diavari 3-12x56 T. Which one would you pic and why. I still there that much difference in the two. Not a ziess guy but looking at one of these before next deer season Any opinions or help is appreciated

GB1

U
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
U
Zeiss says cleaning lenses with anything other than their lens cleaner voids the warranty. I wouldn't buy a Zeiss magnifying glass on sale.

Living in a world of G17s and 700s, wishing for P7s and 202s
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
The diavari; if I’m hanging a Hubble, it’s going to be the best Hubble they offer.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
While the 30mm Conquest 3-12x56 is a very nice scope and can handle just about any hunting situation, the Diavari with T* coatings offers better resolution and performs better in low light -- assuming both are in similar condition with no damage to the lenses or coatings. Honestly, though, you can't go wrong with either assuming they have a reticle that suits you.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by urbaneruralite
Zeiss says cleaning lenses with anything other than their lens cleaner voids the warranty. I wouldn't buy a Zeiss magnifying glass on sale.

You may just want to ask Zeiss directly if they have ever asked anyone what they used to clean the lenses and then voided the warranty as a result of the answer LOL. I've sent in Zeiss scopes for warranty work and for reticle changes and have NEVER been asked that.

By the way, I just looked at one of my Zeiss manuals, and NOWHERE does it state what you claim. I'm not saying it may not be in another product's manual, but I don't recall reading that in any of mine and have used Zeiss for decades.

FROM ZEISS MANUAL:

Care and maintenance
Your riflescope has ZEISS LotuTec ® coating. The effective protective coating for the lens surfaces noticeably reduces contamination of the lenses through an especially smooth surface and the resulting water-beading effect. All types of contamination stick less and can be quickly and easily removed without smearing. LotuTec® coating is durable and abrasion-resistant.

Your ZEISS riflescope requires no special maintenance. Do not wipe coarse particles (e. g. sand) from the lenses. Blow them off, or use a soft brush! Over time, fingerprints can corrode the lens surface. Breathing on the lens and polishing with a clean optical cleansing cloth/tissue is the easiest method of cleaning the lens surface.
-------------

I also just looked at a pre-Lotutec manual. Again, there is no mention of what you claim.

IC B2

U
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by BobbyTomek

You may just want to ask Zeiss directly if they have ever asked anyone what they used to clean the lenses and then voided the warranty as a result of the answer LOL. I've sent in Zeiss scopes for warranty work and for reticle changes and have NEVER been asked that.

By the way, I just looked at one of my Zeiss manuals, and NOWHERE does it state what you claim. I'm not saying it may not be in another product's manual, but I don't recall reading that in any of mine and have used Zeiss for decades.

FROM ZEISS MANUAL:

Care and maintenance
Your riflescope has ZEISS LotuTec ® coating. The effective protective coating for the lens surfaces noticeably reduces contamination of the lenses through an especially smooth surface and the resulting water-beading effect. All types of contamination stick less and can be quickly and easily removed without smearing. LotuTec® coating is durable and abrasion-resistant.

Your ZEISS riflescope requires no special maintenance. Do not wipe coarse particles (e. g. sand) from the lenses. Blow them off, or use a soft brush! Over time, fingerprints can corrode the lens surface. Breathing on the lens and polishing with a clean optical cleansing cloth/tissue is the easiest method of cleaning the lens surface.
-------------

I also just looked at a pre-Lotutec manual. Again, there is no mention of what you claim.

I got that straight from actual first hand experience dealing with Zeiss. You wouldn't expect it would you? That's the reason I bothered to type it.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by Live2hunt941
USA made conquest 3-12x56 mc vs German made diavari 3-12x56 T. Which one would you pic and why. I still there that much difference in the two. Not a ziess guy but looking at one of these before next deer season Any opinions or help is appreciated

There is a difference, but if you can’t tell, buy the cheapest scope.

Also don’t pay any attention to the guy behind the curtain saying you must use Zeiss tissues to clean your lenses.

Originally Posted by RJY66

I was thinking the other day how much I used to hate Bill Clinton. He was freaking George Washington compared to what they are now.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I’m a sucker for Diavari scopes. Never been much of a Conquest fan

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Another vote for the Diavari. IMO the last Zeiss scopes worth their full price. Kinda wish they would bring them back.

They don't make 'em like they used to

Don't tread on me

Nothing runs like a Deere
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

FROM ZEISS MANUAL:

Care and maintenance

-------------

I got that straight from actual first hand experience dealing with Zeiss. You wouldn't expect it would you? That's the reason I bothered to type it.

Show where that is written

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Got both, like both. If you want to smile every time you look through, buy the Diavari. I sent my Diavari out for a cleaning/wellness check and it went back to the old country. Despite that, turnaround was quick and customer service was stellar.

The conquest is a fine scope too.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Live2hunt941

You should also see if you can find a Conquest Dl as well , they are outstanding . I would take the Diavari in a NY second over most lowlight scopes today.

Ignore the lens tissue comments. SMH

U
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by jwp475

FROM ZEISS MANUAL:

Care and maintenance

-------------

On Tuesday, December 1, 2020, 02:28:29 PM EST, Benjamin Martin <repairservice.cop.uszeiss.com> wrote:

Good afternoon,

Thank you for your inquiry into our Conquest MC product line. The only photo that came along with your e-mail is the serial number photo. The issue you have described is not a manufacturing defect with the lens coating. Unfortunately we do not cover lenses that are damaged due to improper lens care. We do not recommend using dish soap to clean your optic.

The manual states the following in terms of lens cleaning and care:
Do not under any circumstances wipe off coarse dirt particles(e.g. sand) from the lenses, but blow them off or remove them using a soft brush. If not removed, finger marks can damage the lens surface. The proper way to clean the lens surfaces is with a quality lens spray cleaner or moist lens tissue and then wipe them with a clean optics cleaning cloth.

In the event that you would like to replace your scope we need to inform you that your scope has been discontinued and is no longer repairable due to parts and tooling availability. However, if you send your scope in to our service department we can offer you a good will sale on a NEW optic at a significantly discounted price. We will need your scope before we can make this offer.

We appreciate your continued patronage,

Your ZEISS Customer Care Team
ZEISS Consumer Products
COP Repair Service

1050 Worldwide Blvd
Hebron, KY 41048
USA

Phone: (800) 441-3005
repair.sportsopticszeiss.com
Web: www.zeiss.com/us

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

On Tuesday, Decemb On Tuesday, December 1, 2020, 02:28:29 PM EST, Benjamin Martin <repairservice.cop.uszeiss.com> wrote:

The proper way to clean the lens surfaces is with a quality lens spray cleaner or moist lens tissue and then wipe them with a clean optics cleaning cloth.

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
I just bought the Zeiss mini packs of lens cleaning and use these on all my scopes. I think they cost $15.00 for 200 packs.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

On Tuesday, December 1, 2020, 02:28:29 PM EST, Benjamin Martin <repairservice.cop.uszeiss.com> wrote:

Good afternoon,

Thank you for your inquiry into our Conquest MC product line. The only photo that came along with your e-mail is the serial number photo. The issue you have described is not a manufacturing defect with the lens coating. Unfortunately we do not cover lenses that are damaged due to improper lens care. We do not recommend using dish soap to clean your optic.

Do not under any circumstances wipe off coarse dirt particles(e.g. sand) from the lenses, but blow them off or remove them using a soft brush. If not removed, finger marks can damage the lens surface. The proper way to clean the lens surfaces is with a quality lens spray cleaner or moist lens tissue and then wipe them with a clean optics cleaning cloth.

In the event that you would like to replace your scope we need to inform you that your scope has been discontinued and is no longer repairable due to parts and tooling availability. However, if you send your scope in to our service department we can offer you a good will sale on a NEW optic at a significantly discounted price. We will need your scope before we can make this offer.

ZEISS Consumer Products
COP Repair Service

1050 Worldwide Blvd
Hebron, KY 41048
USA

-------------------------------

Hah! You just proved my point!

NEVER did they say the warranty was voided by using non-Zeiss products -- and NOWHERE do they state you must use Zeiss products for cleaning. You damaged the lenses or coatings via your own methods and now want to use Zeiss as a scapegoat because they wouldn't fix what you screwed up. There's no need to spread lies because you have misdirected anger at a company for not giving you something for free. Find the fault and direct the anger where it belongs: with yourself.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Never owned a Conquest, but my 30mm 1.5-6x42 Diavari VM/V is my all time favorite whitetail scope. The low light gathering of that scope looks like someone is standing behind you with a spotlight and that one is only a 42mm. The only thing that I wish it had is 1/4" equivalent adjustments instead of one cm .394" adjustments, but I'm a set it and forget it guy, so it works for me.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Originally Posted by jwp475

FROM ZEISS MANUAL:

Care and maintenance

-------------

Good afternoon,

ZEISS Consumer Products
COP Repair Service

1050 Worldwide Blvd
Hebron, KY 41048
USA

You said that not Zeiss

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I realize the Conquest are the domestic models. However, they've never let me down. The only other European scopes I own are S&B PMII and Meopta.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well..............................

If you're going to use dishwashing liquid on a coated lens, why not give it a few rubs with a scouring pad while you're at it. You know, really show it who's the boss.................................

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

666 members (007FJ, 163bc, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 1234, 59 invisible), 2,885 guests, and 1,285 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,577
Posts18,454,007
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.