Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
I
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I
I have a husky, stihl, and a Milwaukee trimmers the stihl is a big bastard with the power broom as well. Before loosing a few fingers i hated weedwacking. Still not a fan, the Milwaukee is the one I reach for all the time but I have several hundred feet of fence that I need to keep the weeds trimmed on. Iike the echo except it seems to have a design flaw where the head is always spinning in self propelled which i am not a fan of

You've got to hand it to a blind prostitute
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by T_O_M
I'm listening in to answers to the OP's question.

I've been thinking about one for running along irrigation lines to clear them (hay field ... grass gets tall enough to tangle up the sprinkler heads) and mark them so they don't get busted up by the cutter / baler. I've been doing it with a straight shaft trimmer .. big Stihl .. and it's at least a 12, sometimes 16 hour job to do the whole property. That's without mowing, just prep. When I'm done my back is [bleep] for about a week.

I'm not sure what to get though. I'd like to stay with Stihl because that's what all our other equipment is and having a single fuel/oil mix simplifies things, but the Stihl option is an add-on for the yard boss rather than a complete, purpose-built unit and this might be more job than it is meant to handle.

The walk behind unit I have and most I looked at are 4 stroke Briggs and Stratton engines or similar, so no fuel mix issues.... I didn't realize Stihl made a walk behind, but with my field grass and tall weeds to deal with the 3 hp motor on the unit I bought seemed like a good idea and even then I sometimes hog it down pretty good....

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by T_O_M
I'm listening in to answers to the OP's question.

I've been thinking about one for running along irrigation lines to clear them (hay field ... grass gets tall enough to tangle up the sprinkler heads) and mark them so they don't get busted up by the cutter / baler. I've been doing it with a straight shaft trimmer .. big Stihl .. and it's at least a 12, sometimes 16 hour job to do the whole property. That's without mowing, just prep. When I'm done my back is [bleep] for about a week.

I'm not sure what to get though. I'd like to stay with Stihl because that's what all our other equipment is and having a single fuel/oil mix simplifies things, but the Stihl option is an add-on for the yard boss rather than a complete, purpose-built unit and this might be more job than it is meant to handle.

I think a good walk-behind would be perfect for that. I've stayed away from the self-propelled ones. I think you give up maneuverability and increase unnecessary complication. Just my opinion.

Mathew 22: 37-39

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I have a push mod cub cadet 22 in and I love it. It would take me about 5 hrs to cut 700 ft of ditch and then do 700 ft of fence line inside and out. This thing cut it to a lil over 2 hrs. The best thing is you are not covered from head to toe in cuttings when your done.

I
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I
That’s what I ended up buying went to tractor supply and they had a open box marked down 25% the trimmer itself was on sale for 314 instead of 350. Out the door for 215. Looking forward to trying it tonight

You've got to hand it to a blind prostitute
IC B2

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

513 members (17CalFan, 16penny, 12savage, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 160user, 59 invisible), 2,910 guests, and 1,161 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,276
Posts18,467,541
Members73,927
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.