-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Perhaps I should've put this under the Shotgun Forum, but I want to get the opinion of fellow turkey hunters.

I currently have a good problem, I get to choose from the two shotguns listed in the title for my next turkey gun. I've already got the new rage covered (hunting with a 20 gauge), so please don't suggest it.

It's kind of an apples-to-oranges comparison, but that's the situation.

I absolutely love the Cynergy and with a 26" barrel, the OAL is slightly shorter than the A300. It's used, mint and I can get it for $1000.00

I've always liked the Beretta A300 series shotguns. 3" chamber versus 3.5" of the Cynergy; no big deal. Lighter than the Cynergy. Yada, yada, yada.

I'm short on time, so I'll quit here. What's your thoughts on the two shotguns?

24HCF in its entirety, is solely responsible for why my children do not have college funds, my mortgage isn't paid-off and why I will never retire early enough to enjoy the remainder of my life.

GB1

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
ID get the outlander and tell me where to get the synergy for $100 so I can buy it.

Cynergy is my choice,

I didn't like the strip down on the outlander when I was auto shopping years ago so I would go for the OU just for easy maintenance and two choke choices.

Other than that, How was the show Mrs. Lincoln?
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Well I don't have much to compare it to but I just bought the Cynergy myself and like how it feels so far.

Just got it so no field time this year but I had a Citori that was very similar to the CUT and I absolutely love it.

Really didn't need the Cynergy but said F it and bought it anyway.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
For $1k I would snatch that Cynergy right up.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Cynergy

Shouldn’t hang up on you, always two shots, and cool factor for a turkey gun

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If you think you will ever want to mount an optic like a red dot the autoloader might make that easier.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by MOGC
If you think you will ever want to mount an optic like a red dot the autoloader might make that easier.

i think the cynergy comes with a small section of rail already and there are meadowcreek mounts if needed.

that cynergy turkey is half price of new.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
For the money, get the Cynergy, If you don't like it, you can always get your money out of it.
As a side note, a O/U with a 26" barrel will always be shorter than an automatic with a 26" barrel. You do not have the receiver to add length on an O/U.

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by humdinger

i think the cynergy comes with a small section of rail already and there are meadowcreek mounts if needed.

Correct and the A300 Outlander would need drilled & tapped.

24HCF in its entirety, is solely responsible for why my children do not have college funds, my mortgage isn't paid-off and why I will never retire early enough to enjoy the remainder of my life.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by StudDuck
Originally Posted by humdinger

Correct and the A300 Outlander would need drilled & tapped.

Good information, thanks!

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
IC B3

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
You might have point of impact issues with an O/U....on most O/U'rs the bottom barrel shoots low when aimed like a rifle.

Cool factor is not worth it....been there and done that several times.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
On a good quality O/U the barrels are regulated to have the same POI. Cheaper ones, not so much

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by pullit
On a good quality O/U the barrels are regulated to have the same POI. Cheaper ones, not so much

My citori 725 is spot on when I experimented with it for turkey.

I wouldn't hesitate on a $1000 Cynergy and I would send it back to browning if you had the misfortune to get a bad one.

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by pullit

You buy a hand made English gun for thousands of dollars they are shot and regulated...the price point for a Browning or a Beretta doesnt allow for barrel regulation other that a test fire.

Years back I sought an O/Ur turkey gun...I bought a Citouri 3.5" 12ga. a Citouri 3" 12 ga. Lightning a Beretta Onyx 3.5" 12 ga. all 3 shot a half pattern low with the bottom barrel "when aimed like a rifle".

A quick phone call to Browning and Berretta I was told that they were with in their specs. I also had a cheaper American Arms 3.5" 12 ga....they all shot a half pattern low.

I gave up.

The only O/Urs I've owned that I patterned for a turkey gun that did not shoot a half pattern low at 40 yards with the bottom barrel is a Winchester 101 30" 3" 12 ga. choked full and full made about 1968 and a 1968 30" 101 20.ga full and full ... both guns printed both barrels point on at 40 yards when "aimed like a rifle". I sold the 20 ga. a short time ago and the

I owned two Browning 725 Sporting Clay models I sold it them both because to me they moved like club...i presently I own and shoot a 1980's Belgium made Browning Superposed a couple of Winchester 101s and a 20.ga Citouri Lightning....just not for turkey.

CRS Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I had a Cynergy 3.5 inch. IMO too heavy and sold it. I have a SBE II, and Benelli 20 ga. They both work.

If I get the itch for an O/U, I will pull out the Winchester 101.

Arcus Venator
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by StudDuck
Perhaps I should've put this under the Shotgun Forum, but I want to get the opinion of fellow turkey hunters.

I currently have a good problem, I get to choose from the two shotguns listed in the title for my next turkey gun. I've already got the new rage covered (hunting with a 20 gauge), so please don't suggest it.

It's kind of an apples-to-oranges comparison, but that's the situation.

I absolutely love the Cynergy and with a 26" barrel, the OAL is slightly shorter than the A300. It's used, mint and I can get it for $1000.00

I've always liked the Beretta A300 series shotguns. 3" chamber versus 3.5" of the Cynergy; no big deal. Lighter than the Cynergy. Yada, yada, yada.

I'm short on time, so I'll quit here. What's your thoughts on the two shotguns?

Unless the turkey model gets extra QC you can't count on a Cynergy for regulation. I'd call Browning and ask directly what's up and how far it's have to be off for them to correct.

I could give you an example of how to get a sure thing turkey o/u but I've typed it before and you said no 20ga.

Living in a world of G17s and 700s, wishing for P7s and 202s

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

654 members (1936M71, 1badf350, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 76 invisible), 2,557 guests, and 1,278 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,687
Posts18,456,452
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.