Print Thread
Hop To
T
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
T
Hey guys,

I just finished reading a very, very good book titled, “The Guns of John Moses Browning”, authored by Nathan Gorenstein. The book was published this year and is a must read for firearm enthusiast. It’s an excellent and enjoyable read. The author does an extremely good job portraying details of the life of John Browning and all the firearms he gets credit for inventing including the problems he overcame during the designs. Without boring the reader with nitty-gritty details it touches on the majority of his 128 firearm patents used for plinking, hunting and the various designs used in all the wars and conflicts since WW1 and how the firearms are typically used. As you well know, many are currently in production around the world.

Wayne

NRA & TSRA Lifetime member. NSSF member. Author & Publisher of the Browning 1885 BPCR book.
See www.texas-mac.com
GB1

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I've been a big fan of John M. Browning for years, like many others. So, my oldest Son got me the book one year for my Birthday, titled; John M.Browning, American Gun maker, printed in 2004, second Edition, 4 th printing. I enjoyed this Book so much that I had to go out and per sue, an original 1879 single shot that was made in his shop! Before, he sold his first patent to Winchester! Crazy! So how is your book any different, or Better?

Last edited by HunterShooter58; 06/20/21.

I Learned a long time ago to Separate My Want's from My Needs!

A man's Gotta Do What a Man's Gotta Do!

Know Thy Self!

TRUMP DID WIN!!!
T
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
T
Originally Posted by HunterShooter58
I've been a big fan of John M. Browning for years, like many others. So, my oldest Son got me the book one year for my Birthday, titled; John M.Browning, American Gun maker, printed in 2004, second Edition, 4 th printing. I enjoyed this Book so much that I had to go out and per sue, an original 1879 single shot that was made in his shop! Before, he sold his first patent to Winchester! Crazy! So how is your book any different, or Better?

I have no idea since I have not read the book you referred to.

Wayne

NRA & TSRA Lifetime member. NSSF member. Author & Publisher of the Browning 1885 BPCR book.
See www.texas-mac.com
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by texasmac
Originally Posted by HunterShooter58

I have no idea since I have not read the book you referred to.

Wayne

I appreciate your Honesty! I'll try to find it at the Library before I purchase it! You really should take a look at the one I referred to!

Know Thy Self!

TRUMP DID WIN!!!
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
So I found the Book at the local library, and ordered it! I'll read up on it and then report back, my thoughts! I'm sure that I'll enjoy it, and I just want to see if I need to add it to my library, in my office!

Know Thy Self!

TRUMP DID WIN!!!
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I had just gotten thee book and plan on reading it.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Just got the Book from the Library!

Great read!!!

Love it!

Yeah a lot of the same info, but Facts are Facts!

I like them Both, and can't wait till I get upstairs to read myself to sleep!

Great recommendation, will follow up!!!

Know Thy Self!

TRUMP DID WIN!!!
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Moving along in my spare time, and actually going back and re reading especially interesting parts, as to newer info, not shared in the past!
Very good book, and I would recommend to any one interested on knowing more about this exceptionally talented, ingenious Man!

Know Thy Self!

TRUMP DID WIN!!!
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Great Book, even with the Factual similarities, naturally, there was a lot more up to date info, and more Family Stories, with Historical Data that I was unaware of!
Definitely will put it into the Library, as I enjoy going Back and re reading!
Thanks for the Recommend!

Know Thy Self!

TRUMP DID WIN!!!
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Just Received the new American Rifleman Magazine from the NRA, and they have a very nice Article, Highlighting the New Browning Book!

Know Thy Self!

TRUMP DID WIN!!!
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Scotty
I had just gotten thee book and plan on reading it.

I can not believe that I had this book for almost two years now. It took me a long time to start reading this book. I finished it last week. I enjoyed it very much.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

94 members (264mag, 2500HD, 300_savage, 308xray, 10gaugemag, 2ndwind, 18 invisible), 1,144 guests, and 924 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,219
Posts18,447,478
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.