ribka Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
BHA is not on your side. The sooner people realize this the better. Vortex knows it but still supports them because they think they can change it from the inside. LOL.

Talking to you is like trying to nail jello to the wall.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by 260madman
BHA is not on your side. The sooner people realize this the better. Vortex knows it but still supports them because they think they can change it from the inside. LOL.

vortex supports them because their rank and file members are flat bill wearing [bleep] that grovel over buying anything vortex

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Speaking of Vortex, I listened to two vortex dudes on the vortex podcast yesterday on a big hike while I was googling coues deer podcasts. They discussed coming to AZ in a fixed up Subaru to hunt coues deer and were talking about how awesome their fixed up Subaru did. I lasted ten minutes. Giant goobers....

The two dudes sounded like they couldn't shoot fish in a barrel and apparently they can't based on their hunt results. Anyways, just shook my head and went, yeah, sounds like Vortex. Those guys do Vortex no favors...

Side note...

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by ribka

I'm sure you've seen the book their former national board chair member wrote.....about evil guns and the evil gun industry.

I bet tawney is grinning with pride.

IC B2

R
ribka Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
Tracy Stone-Manning, the nominee to lead the Bureau of Land Management, sat before the Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee yesterday for a confirmation hearing. The committee will be voting whether or not to put Stone-Manning into the leadership role of the BLM in the coming days.
BHA is supportive of Stone-Manning’s nomination to lead our largest public land management agency.
“Her work experience in conservation and politics bodes well, and as someone who has hunted, fished and hiked for decades on the very lands she will be charged with overseeing, we have confidence in her ability to enhance the way our lands and waters are managed. We look forward to working with Tracy to restore balanced use to our largest land management agency.” – Land Tawney

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
You guys are gonna piss off the hunt talk crowd!!! Buzzy boy gonna start talkin about all the raghorn and cows he kills!! Bussycunt has killed a buncha elk, how anyone can eat (3) elk a year is beyond me!! 😂😂

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Serious [bleep], there’s about to be a lot of cow elk pics posted up by a whiner that bitches about no elk in Montana, shoulder seasons blah blah fuuckin blah, but hey, buzzy itch is gonna get his!! Haha

I’m curious about what the pro wolf bitches think about Idaho’s decision to “expand “ the wolfs by 80%!!!

Oh sorry, decrease by 80% 🖕🏿🖕🏿

Ain’t easy havin pals.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Sounds like someone has a man crush but can't admit it.

We've put 3 and up to 4 elk in our freezers in one year, what's hard to understand. Eat more game meat and you'll see how far an elk really goes. Wyoming has no shortage of elk and cow tags are cheap, why not take all you can legally ? We've had years we put 2 bulls and at least one cow in our freezers. He doesn't have any more success than most dedicated Wyoming hunters.

BHA has turned into a joke, well may have been all along.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
You got a mouse in your pocket? Our? Freezers? Maybe you can hang a pic of the wounded bull your landowner let you finish?? 😂😂

Sorry the elusive “Wyoming “ cow nets a 1/4 of a bull over here. Got it 👍

Ain’t easy havin pals.
IC B3

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Dude, "our" is myself and the spouse. The wounded bull was a given, no landowners let you hunt elk I guess. We have an understanding that wounded animals get put out of their misery, no permission needed for that.
The bull scored 335 B&C and change.
Have taken plenty of cows and bulls.
What the hell is your point ?

Plenty of folks hunt more than one elk a year, guess you didn't know that.

By the way, not a fan of Buzz but your comments on elk taken are confusing.

The landowner has us managing his wildlife and we control the access to that ranch. That all came with mutual respect and hard work. Know anything about that ?

Bet our bulls are not 1/4 of your elk over there but hey if it makes you feel better.

The elk are in addition to maybe a bighorn sheep, moose, deer, and pronghorn that go in the freezers too. We have 3 freezers we fill with game meat. Pretty much all we eat for meat.

Last edited by wytex; 06/15/21.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
J

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
“Dude”, so let’s say a guy killed 5 cow elk, each 1 nets 150 lbs of cut and wrapped meat, that’s 750 lbs of cut and wrapped meat. 150lbs of meat is being real conservative btw. You’re telling me a guy and his wife are eating 2 pounds of elk every fuucking day of the year?? Then throw deer and antelope roll n top of that??? I’d like to meet the sumbitch!!! Haha

I’ve ate game my whole life, lived off it when I was a kid and when the wife and I got together, no way we ate 2 lbs a day everyday of the year. As for “managing “ ranches, we don’t have the luxury of that over here and the last thing I’d be doing is posting pics of a wounded sick bull I cleaned up for some other dumbfuuck. 👍

Ain’t easy havin pals.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy

Review of the book ;

“Ryan Busse presents a fascinating, clear-eyed account of the gun industry’s slide into extremism. Gunfight is an important book for anyone seeking to understand how our country’s debate over the role of guns and gun laws in our society has become so bitter and fraught. I was left with a sense of hope that there is a path forward; one where the majority of Americans, including the majority of gun owners, stand up to the gun lobby's bullying and demand lasting change.”―Former Congresswoman --> """""""Gabby Giffords"""""""

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
If Giffords approves, before or after the head wound (aka her husband parroting her approval), you're on the wrong side.

Former congresswoman suggests post-wound which means her husband or handlers wrote it. He's worse than her...

- Greg

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Judman, you asked about the elk and I posted about it being wounded. WTF man. There was no brag to the post, just putting it out there that we found a big wounded bull.
I guess you would just let it suffer? Yes some idiot wounded him from another property. He had been hanging out in the draw for many days when we jumped him up.
What is the issue with posting pics of a bull that was put out of it's misery? Folks need to see what their iffy shots lead to and the consequences.

Guess what we found a much bigger dead bull a couple of year ago and I posted pics of it too, it was on the national forest .

Sorry but your are way wrong on the meat part. Some meat gets shared and most we do eat. Where did I state we take 5 elk, your reaching now. After hanging and aging the amount of meat off a carcass is reduced but I guess those that use a processor wouldn't know that.

For the ranch management part, that was just luck on our part but we do most of our hunting on PUBLIC land. You do not have any ranches in Washington? Hard to believe that but I'll take your word for it.

I only took issue with your too many elk to eat part of this thread but go ahead a flame away .
Come on out to Wyoming and I'll introduce you to folks that take way more meat than we do in a year. It is not uncommon.

Good luck this fall, hope you put meat in your freezer. I know we will. Spouse has a moose tag to go with our elk, deer and hopefully pronghorn tags.
Hope you and your family have all the meat they need for the coming year, some folks may be struggling if they don't hunt.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Nice talk!! 👍

There will be meat in the freezer, even a trip to Wyoming with max antelope points burnt.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

- Greg

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Straying away from elk talk.......isn't wytex the conservative bashing guy that hates Trump and Mike Lindell the "my pillow" guy? If so I'd probably take what he says and divide by 4 to get closer to reality.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Ya and he forgets what he writes too. First it was “try eating a little more wild game, see how far it goes”, to well your reaching, we give it away too. No shiit?? You mean to tell me a guy and his wife can’t eat 4-5 elk, 2 deer and 2 antelope a year?? Haha god damn!!

Like the Wyoming calf killers are the only ones who eat game meat on the www.

Last edited by Judman; 06/16/21.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

722 members (160user, 1beaver_shooter, 1936M71, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 163dm, 71 invisible), 3,106 guests, and 1,283 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,582
Posts18,454,200
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.