Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Been searching for weeks for some 10mm ammo and some Federal 150gr Nosler Partitions to no avail, anyone have a line on where a guy can get some before hunting season rolls around?

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I wish I could help you -- I live in southeast and haven't found sh#t in almost a year. Sportsmans in Juneau only ever keeps it 'in the back' and you have to ask for it, and they almost never have it anyway. Although the have seemed to have 10mm reasonably consistently.

I was just up in fairbanks for a trip and looked several places there as well. Nearly nothing in terms of common hunting calibers and bullet selection.

I'll follow this thread though in hopes we're both just not smart enough to find it, haha grin

Last edited by 907brass; 06/15/21.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
Been searching for weeks for some 10mm ammo and some Federal 150gr Nosler Partitions to no avail, anyone have a line on where a guy can get some before hunting season rolls around?

How much 10MM do you desire.........??? Not interested in small lot sales.

ALASKA is a "HARD COUNTRY for OLDMEN". (But if you live it wide'ass open, balls'to the wall, the pedal floored, full throttle, it is a delightful place, to finally just sit-back and savor those memories while sipping Tequila).
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

150 Partitions - .277, 7mm or .308 dia?

I've got some .277 150 Partition Golds (Moly coated) that I could part with.

IC B2

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Notice.......To anyone interested in ammo in the general Los'Anchorage to Kenai Peninsula area, we have ammo for sale. Unopened "case Lots". Heavy on 9MM and 10MM and .45 Auto. No it is Not free, No it is not available at 1986 prices or even 2011 prices. All factory loaded, in unopened cases. Green cash only........no banks around here, so no checks, credit cards.

Not interested in selling less then a brick (500 rounds) or opening cases.

Have cases of .40 S&W including 165 gr. Gold Dot. (this stuff is expensive by the case).

ALASKA is a "HARD COUNTRY for OLDMEN". (But if you live it wide'ass open, balls'to the wall, the pedal floored, full throttle, it is a delightful place, to finally just sit-back and savor those memories while sipping Tequila).
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Buffalo Bore pretty much consistently has had 10,mm. Good stuff too. CoreBon also has some although its sometimes 3 to 4 week delivery.
I have bought from both over the past year. Good stuff, not cheap, but cheap is a relative term lately

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A

We also have Bullets.......just the bullet. especially heavy in .223 caliber, 77 gr. Have .416 bullets Swift and Barnes. .45 cal. Cast .452 and .454 (hard Cast).

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MuskegMan

I'm lookin for loaded rounds made by Federal, I think they call it Vital Shok or something along those lines. Wish I did reload but I appreciate the offer though.

Steelhead

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AGL4now
Notice.......To anyone interested in ammo in the general Los'Anchorage to Kenai Peninsula area, we have ammo for sale. Unopened "case Lots". Heavy on 9MM and 10MM and .45 Auto. No it is Not free, No it is not available at 1986 prices or even 2011 prices. All factory loaded, in unopened cases. Green cash only........no banks around here, so no checks, credit cards.

Not interested in selling less then a brick (500 rounds) or opening cases.

Have cases of .40 S&W including 165 gr. Gold Dot. (this stuff is expensive by the case).
I don't really need 500 rounds of 10mm but I'll ask anyways, how much for a brick? Oh and who is this "we" of which you speak?

Steelhead

IC B3

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Also have 60+ years of tools and equipment to sell, Super Cub parts, Case 450B and Trucks, Heavy Equipment trailers.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T

Life is good live it while you can.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by TrueGrit

You do understand that ammo can "NOT" be shipped to Alaska or Hawaii without a full hazard material "Goat Rope" Cost about $450.00 for one box of ammo or a few cases. Special Pallet required, Special wrapping require, yards of paperwork, must be done by companies certified to do this.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I'm lookin for loaded rounds made by Federal, I think they call it Vital Shok or something along those lines. Wish I did reload but I appreciate the offer though.

Unless I missed it, you didn’t say what cartridge you’re looking for loaded with 150 grain Partitions.

What fresh Hell is this?
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K

You do understand that ammo can "NOT" be shipped to Alaska or Hawaii without a full hazard material "Goat Rope" Cost about $450.00 for one box of ammo or a few cases. Special Pallet required, Special wrapping require, yards of paperwork, must be done by companies certified to do this.[/quote]

kk alaska

Alaska 7 months of winter then 5 months of tourists
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Yeah I love it on forums where lower 48'ers chime in about which online store has ammo when talking to Alaskans.

I can have ammo drop shipped to Tacoma, then pay a forwarder to take it to the marine terminal, then pay my local shipping company to barge it up.

Unless you have a group of 10-20 guys pitching together for a group purchase, it's not really worth the time.

Intellectual honesty is the most important character trait in human beings.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by LoadClear
Yeah I love it on forums where lower 48'ers chime in about which online store has ammo when talking to Alaskans.

I can have ammo drop shipped to Tacoma, then pay a forwarder to take it to the marine terminal, then pay my local shipping company to barge it up.

Unless you have a group of 10-20 guys pitching together for a group purchase, it's not really worth the time.

Yup. Not like we’re in America.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
The real pisser is that it's not that hard to legally ship ammo for online business and carriers... ammo is Hazmat class 1.4. All it takes is a "Declaration of Hazardous Goods" be filled out, and be packaged in a safe way (factory packaging suffices). In some rare cases, it must be kept separate by a certain distance from some other REALLY hazardous stuff when on the same airplane.

I've personally carried by air several millions of rounds of ammunition carried legally per the DOT and FAA. I was a certified HAZDEC agent, and an aircrewmember who loaded the cargo, generated the paperwork, and unloaded the cargo.

The real issue is that since Alaska is such a small market, and because most shippers in the lower 48 are ignorant, nobody wants to go through the hassle.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T

You do understand that ammo can "NOT" be shipped to Alaska or Hawaii without a full hazard material "Goat Rope" Cost about $450.00 for one box of ammo or a few cases. Special Pallet required, Special wrapping require, yards of paperwork, must be done by companies certified to do this.

No I don't understand, but I do now. Sounds like hunters, fisherman and tourist should bring all the ammo they can possess legally and sell it in Alaska.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A

No I don't understand, but I do now. Sounds like hunters, fisherman and tourist should bring all the ammo they can possess legally and sell it in Alaska.

Yep.......up to 50 pounds. on Alaska Airline.

I just bought a .475 Linebaugh revolver, and the deal included some ammo which is about $4.00 per cartridge. We could not ship the ammo. But the seller was coming to Alaska in a few months, which salvaged the entire deal.

Last edited by AGL4now; 06/15/21.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Pappy348

Unless I missed it, you didn’t say what cartridge you’re looking for loaded with 150 grain Partitions.
Right, left out the most important part, looking for some 270 win Federal 150gr partitions.

Steelhead

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Found some 10mm ammo, was limited to 2 boxes so I may go back and buy 2 more.

Steelhead

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A

Glad you found some.
How much did they cost, and what type cartridge configuration.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Strongly encourage purchasing "more". People seem to think the ammo "hell" is nearly over. Every reason to suspect it has only just started.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

Glad you found some.
How much did they cost, and what type cartridge configuration.
Federal 180gr FMJ $43 per box of 50, they also had 200 gr but no idea on price. Co-worker gave me 10 rounds of 180gr Underwood for bear protection, I gave him 10 rounds of 243 100gr soft nose, fair trade IMO. lol

Steelhead

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
The "Underwood" is what lives in my Kimber "Camp Guard". Good stuff.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H

I see underwood has a couple of nice 10mm loads in stock this morning

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yes price please on a brick of 10mm ammo & specifics as to brand & gr. weight

My family runs 3 10mm semi autos so they can eat up a brick fairly fast.

You can pm me if you don’t want to post prices in an open forum

Pretty partial to the 180 gr underwood

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit

Sounds like your shopping. We don't handle that, we leave that to retailers.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
What is a “brick “ of 10mm

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by hikerbum

500 rounds in one enclosed package.......is "generally" considered a brick of ammo. I suspect this originates long-long ago, as in the mid 1950's I was buying bricks of .22 rimfire ammo that contained ten boxes of fifty rounds. (worth noting they cost $4.25 a brick for Long Rifle, but we generally purchased "longs" for $3.99 a brick)

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L

In stock where?

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U

In stock where?

Underwood.
https://www.underwoodammo.com/handgun-ammo/10mmauto?state=stock

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Bet they won't ship to AK.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by UPhiker

In stock where?

Underwood.
https://www.underwoodammo.com/handgun-ammo/10mmauto?state=stock

Have you read this thread?

For Fugg's Sake

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
https://www.underwoodammo.com/shipping-restrictions/

Have you ever heard the term "Lack of Situational Awareness"?

When Canada starts letting us through the border, I guess I'll just drive on down to the Underwood factory and buy some.... THANKS!

Last edited by LoadClear; 06/18/21.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A

When Canada starts letting us through the border, I guess I'll just drive on down to the Underwood factory and buy some.... THANKS!

Looks like your in the Valley......do you ever visit the Kenai Peninsula for fishing in the summer...???

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L

Looks like your in the Valley......do you ever visit the Kenai Peninsula for fishing in the summer...???

I recently moved to the Valley for work. I'm from Homer.

I get back to Homer regularly- I kept my place there and still have friends and family. The only fishing I do is winter kings on my friend's seiner.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
OK......Homer is nice,

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
OK......Homer is nice,

So is Sunrise, David

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
OK......Homer is nice,

So is Sunrise, David

Oh!
We made a love connection!

lol

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Joel/AK
Bet they won't ship to AK.

Shirley they will. You have a credit card, doncha?

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by ironbender
OK......Homer is nice,

So is Sunrise, David

Oh!

lol

I think that train has departed the station. The reason I ask if he ever got down to the Kenai Peninsula is, I was figuring to offer LoadClear an unopened box of 10MM Buffalo Bore 220 gr. Hard Cast Flat Nose or A Box of Underwood 10MM because I had gotten the impression LoadClear needed or wanted some quality 10MM ammo. Guess I figured "wrong".

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
OK......Homer is nice,

So is Sunrise, David

Oh!

lol

I think that train has departed the station. The reason I ask if he ever got down to the Kenai Peninsula is, I was figuring to offer LoadClear an unopened box of 10MM Buffalo Bore 220 gr. Hard Cast Flat Nose or A Box of Underwood 10MM because I had gotten the impression LoadClear needed or wanted some quality 10MM ammo. Guess I figured "wrong".

Thanks AGL, I'm just messin with you a bit...

I'm well prepared, I have tens of thousands of primers, several pounds of powder, hundreds of brass, and I cast my own bullets. I don't need anything ammo related in the near future.

The reason I commented in this thread is to (unsuccessfully) educate lower 48'ers on the ins and outs of shipping ammo to AK.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
OK......Homer is nice,

So is Sunrise, David

Oh!

lol

Just messing with you too, David.

Have a good weekend.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Wtf ? 🤷🏻‍♂️ You stated you had bricks for sale ? Is this an uncommon thing for people to want to know how much it costs & specifics to ammo before saying “ I’ll take it “ ? Or does it fall under “ if you have to ask, you can’t afford it.” ?

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
How do people not have Ammo for hunting season??? These threads are hilarious.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by AKPENDUDE

The answer is very-very serious, actually near, or potentially fatally serious. We are born into "Normalcy Bias", and mostly survive comfortably in "Normalcy Bias". Everyone is in denial that "They" operate in Normalcy Bias, including governments a business and individual people.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A

Wtf ? 🤷🏻‍♂️ You stated you had bricks for sale ? Is this an uncommon thing for people to want to know how much it costs & specifics to ammo before saying “ I’ll take it “ ? Or does it fall under “ if you have to ask, you can’t afford it.” ?

this is actually a classic example of living in "Normalcy Bias". And the disruption to that "Normalcy".

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I don't understand it either. I'm now in MI and even here hunters don't plan ahead. I know guys that had to cancel whitetail season cuz no ammo.

Complacency is the biggest reason. Just go to the store and buy a box was the normal thing. Those days are gone, atleast for the time being.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H

500 rounds in one enclosed package.......is "generally" considered a brick of ammo. I suspect this originates long-long ago, as in the mid 1950's I was buying bricks of .22 rimfire ammo that contained ten boxes of fifty rounds. (worth noting they cost $4.25 a brick for Long Rifle, but we generally purchased "longs" for $3.99 a brick)

I understand that for rimfire. Never seen it applied to center fire. Those are usually called cases.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by Joel/AK

I don't understand it either. I'm now in MI and even here hunters don't plan ahead. I know guys that had to cancel whitetail season cuz no ammo.

Complacency is the biggest reason. Just go to the store and buy a box was the normal thing. Those days are gone, atleast for the time being.

I just read an interview with the CEO of Winchester Ammunition Corporation. "Late 2023, if nothing changes in supply and/or demand, to return to "normal".

Was interesting to learn they are way out in front the largest supplier of ammunition to the United States Military, and Government Agencies. He said their consumption has been consistent for a very long time. That government consumption has "not" been a factor in the recent ammo shortage.

Last edited by AGL4now; 06/19/21.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Citizens are the big reason. Whether it's all the civil unrest going on, defund the police , and other politics, folks are arming themselves and that takes ammo.

Gun and ammo companies love the left

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
It's very simple. Millions of first-time gun owners, all needing ammo is the factual cause.

The "Campfire Cause" is this: The rumor was there's an ammo shortage, so buy all you see.

And people ahead of you did just that.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Some of the prices people are buying ammo at makes me shake my head and laugh. Each to their own I guess. It's like the housing market right now.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
No ammo for hunting season? This story from a now deceased friend should give you a smile.

Gaylen was a first year teacher in a Native village one room school. Come October, Chief John opened the door and bluntly stated, "Teacher, I need take the kids out of school".

"Oh, f**k what did I do?", Gaylen thought. and asked why the kids were needed.

"Caribou come - need kids carry meat".

"Well how about just the older kids?"

"No, need all kids"

"Even the little ones?"

"Big kid, big piece of meat, - little kid, little piece of meat".

They got the kids dressed and out the door, when Gaylen had a thought. "Chief John, how about I go along. We can teach some lessons about anatomy when we butcher, and I can count it as a field trip. , and I don't lose a day of school."

Chief thought a moment, then said "Good idea, Teacher". At the door he paused and said "Why don't you bring your big gun, too. Maybe you shoot caribou!"

Gaylen had a .300WM - the villagers had, at most, 30-30's.

The whole village excepting any sick or infirm, turned out on the river bank. Men in the front edge of the willows, women and kids farther back out of the wind.

When the first few caribou came over the bank, the chief explained that they needed to let the pathfinders go by first so as not to divert the migration. After awhile he pointed out a fat bull and told Gaylen "You shoot that one".

And so it went for several magazines full.

"OK" , that's enough".

Gaylen realized no one else had killed anything, but everyone was all smiles, so he wasn't too up-tight about it.

Having been a cop tho, he was suspicious. Over the next week or so he asked a few discreet, indirect questions, and sure enough.

There wasn't a round of ammo in the village except for his, and wouldn't be until trapping brought in some money.

Years later he saw John on the street in Anchorage and asked him about it.

"Why the little kids, tho". You didn't really need them did you"

"Hell, no! Kids big damned bother, but I knew if I left you even one kid, you wouldn't come hunt with us. That was pretty good, wasn't it?"

and cackled like a fiend.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by las
No ammo for hunting season? This story from a now deceased friend should give you a smile.

Gaylen was a first year teacher in a Native village one room school. Come October, Chief John opened the door and bluntly stated, "Teacher, I need take the kids out of school".

"Oh, f**k what did I do?", Gaylen thought. and asked why the kids were needed.

"Caribou come - need kids carry meat".

"Well how about just the older kids?"

"No, need all kids"

"Even the little ones?"

"Big kid, big piece of meat, - little kid, little piece of meat".

They got the kids dressed and out the door, when Gaylen had a thought. "Chief John, how about I go along. We can teach some lessons about anatomy when we butcher, and I can count it as a field trip. , and I don't lose a day of school."

Chief thought a moment, then said "Good idea, Teacher". At the door he paused and said "Why don't you bring your big gun, too. Maybe you shoot caribou!"

Gaylen had a .300WM - the villagers had, at most, 30-30's.

The whole village excepting any sick or infirm, turned out on the river bank. Men in the front edge of the willows, women and kids farther back out of the wind.

When the first few caribou came over the bank, the chief explained that they needed to let the pathfinders go by first so as not to divert the migration. After awhile he pointed out a fat bull and told Gaylen "You shoot that one".

And so it went for several magazines full.

"OK" , that's enough".

Gaylen realized no one else had killed anything, but everyone was all smiles, so he wasn't too up-tight about it.

Having been a cop tho, he was suspicious. Over the next week or so he asked a few discreet, indirect questions, and sure enough.

There wasn't a round of ammo in the village except for his, and wouldn't be until trapping brought in some money.

Years later he saw John on the street in Anchorage and asked him about it.

"Why the little kids, tho". You didn't really need them did you"

"Hell, no! Kids big damned bother, but I knew if I left you even one kid, you wouldn't come hunt with us. That was pretty good, wasn't it?"

and cackled like a fiend.

Hilarious!

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I talked the guy down at Tongass on some 300saum ammo. Its sat there for almost a decade so I threw out a number

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D

It’s because he’s going to ask like $4/round for it, publicly berate you for lack of preparation for an ammo shortage if you say the price is too high, and ultimately not sell it to you. He preys on the folks who are ignorant and will pay any price imaginable just to get some ammo, and would rather not expose himself by listing his prices if he can help it. Notice how he’s turned this thread into a sales ad? Where’s all the ammo? Don’t worry, folks, we’ve got super cub parts and heavy machinery.

It won’t be too long until he’s pivoting from those bear attack threads into either stories about penis sheaths or ads to sell survival gear.

Y’all will catch on eventually.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by Ducksanddogs

Or they will figure out you have some type of "sick" obsession with me.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A

It’s because he’s going to ask like $4/round for it, publicly berate you for lack of preparation for an ammo shortage if you say the price is too high, and ultimately not sell it to you. He preys on the folks who are ignorant and will pay any price imaginable just to get some ammo, and would rather not expose himself by listing his prices if he can help it. Notice how he’s turned this thread into a sales ad? Where’s all the ammo? Don’t worry, folks, we’ve got super cub parts and heavy machinery.

It won’t be too long until he’s pivoting from those bear attack threads into either stories about penis sheaths or ads to sell survival gear.

OK.........So.....let's look at this. Earlier in this thread AKMtnhunter said he finally found some 10MM and it was "restricted" to the purchase of "only" two boxes, they were Federal 180 gr. FMJ @ $43.00 per box of 50 rounds. (That is $86.00 per 100 rounds, or .86 cents per round and he was happy to have gotten it)

So how much is fair price for 500 rounds or 1,000 rounds or 2,000 rounds.......how much ?????

How much is fair price for bulk 9MM or bulk .44 mag. or bulk .40 S&W

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Men don't price another man's stuff.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
If you plan ahead and are prepared you really dont have to worry about price in whacky times. Always have a couple years supply on hand,,,,,, and dont have a worry.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
If you plan ahead and are prepared you really dont have to worry about price in whacky times. Always have a couple years supply on hand,,,,,, and dont have a worry.

Wow that’s deep. Ur smart.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I do feel bad for young shooters, that have not had a life time to stock up on reloading supplies, but anyone that was shooting during the obama years, should have known that the party was over, and many a wise man started to secure any supplies that they could get their hands on, of course the new found love of semi automatic weapons and the notorious 30 round mag dumps haven't do anything to enhance ammo availability for any of us !

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

OK.........So.....let's look at this. Earlier in this thread AKMtnhunter said he finally found some 10MM and it was "restricted" to the purchase of "only" two boxes, they were Federal 180 gr. FMJ @ $43.00 per box of 50 rounds. (That is $86.00 per 100 rounds, or .86 cents per round and he was happy to have gotten it)

So how much is fair price for 500 rounds or 1,000 rounds or 2,000 rounds.......how much ?????

It would help to know the weight and type of bullet one is buying before throwing down ones hard earned cash.

Steelhead

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Shelves at SW Soldotna are starting to fill up, a bit - same old crap. .17, 300RUM, 30/375, .416, etc. - You know - the stuff no one buys.

Didn't see any handgun ammo at all- maybe behind the counter?

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by las
Shelves at SW Soldotna are starting to fill up, a bit - same old crap. .17, 300RUM, 30/375, .416, etc. - You know - the stuff no one buys.

Didn't see any handgun ammo at all- maybe behind the counter?

This what I don't understand. I go to town once a year (late October) for supplies, rarely ever have time to visit one firearms store, and then the need must be urgent. So I really don't have a clear idea of what is happening in the ammo availabity area.

Yet........I keep reading it is somewhat restricted availabity.......clear up to, "Simply none available", or limited to one box.

And people are aware that we have ammo, which we sell to the retailers (but must be in "UNOPENED" cases. And people still only buy one box of ammo at the retail store, even if the quantity is "Not" restricted, they still only one or maybe two boxes.

What the "Hell" is peoples plan for two or three years in the future, given inflation of labor and raw material components. Where we estimate price increase of 24% to 31% assuming no serious supply chain disruption. Let's face the truth.......the manufacturers and retailers now know that ammo "was" grossly underpriced, and the public will pay much more.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Grab a beer, this is an entertaining and educational read.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...own-at-coffin-rock-part-1-2#Post16078745

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Wtf 🤦🏼‍♂️ It doesn’t matter what we think is a fair price 🤷🏻‍♂️ As we’re not the ones w ammo for sale. It’s your ammo for sale tell me/us what you think is a fair price & we can see if we agree. This doesn’t seem like it should be this complicated. If I said something wrong I apologize, I just was interested in buying a few bricks of 10mm depending upon type & price, that’s all I intended, didn’t mean to put you in secret squirrel mode.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

Wtf 🤦🏼‍♂️ It doesn’t matter what we think is a fair price 🤷🏻‍♂️ As we’re not the ones w ammo for sale. It’s your ammo for sale tell me/us what you think is a fair price & we can see if we agree. This doesn’t seem like it should be this complicated. If I said something wrong I apologize, I just was interested in buying a few bricks of 10mm depending upon type & price, that’s all I intended, didn’t mean to put you in secret squirrel mode.
Been waiting for that answer for a couple of weeks now, to no avail.

Steelhead

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

611 members (1941USMC, 12344mag, 16penny, 1337Fungi, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 60 invisible), 2,649 guests, and 1,116 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,306
Posts18,468,127
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.