Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Been searching for weeks for some 10mm ammo and some Federal 150gr Nosler Partitions to no avail, anyone have a line on where a guy can get some before hunting season rolls around?

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I wish I could help you -- I live in southeast and haven't found sh#t in almost a year. Sportsmans in Juneau only ever keeps it 'in the back' and you have to ask for it, and they almost never have it anyway. Although the have seemed to have 10mm reasonably consistently.

I was just up in fairbanks for a trip and looked several places there as well. Nearly nothing in terms of common hunting calibers and bullet selection.

I'll follow this thread though in hopes we're both just not smart enough to find it, haha grin

Last edited by 907brass; 06/15/21.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
Been searching for weeks for some 10mm ammo and some Federal 150gr Nosler Partitions to no avail, anyone have a line on where a guy can get some before hunting season rolls around?

How much 10MM do you desire.........??? Not interested in small lot sales.

ALASKA is a "HARD COUNTRY for OLDMEN". (But if you live it wide'ass open, balls'to the wall, the pedal floored, full throttle, it is a delightful place, to finally just sit-back and savor those memories while sipping Tequila).
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

150 Partitions - .277, 7mm or .308 dia?

I've got some .277 150 Partition Golds (Moly coated) that I could part with.

IC B2

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Notice.......To anyone interested in ammo in the general Los'Anchorage to Kenai Peninsula area, we have ammo for sale. Unopened "case Lots". Heavy on 9MM and 10MM and .45 Auto. No it is Not free, No it is not available at 1986 prices or even 2011 prices. All factory loaded, in unopened cases. Green cash only........no banks around here, so no checks, credit cards.

Not interested in selling less then a brick (500 rounds) or opening cases.

Have cases of .40 S&W including 165 gr. Gold Dot. (this stuff is expensive by the case).

ALASKA is a "HARD COUNTRY for OLDMEN". (But if you live it wide'ass open, balls'to the wall, the pedal floored, full throttle, it is a delightful place, to finally just sit-back and savor those memories while sipping Tequila).
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Buffalo Bore pretty much consistently has had 10,mm. Good stuff too. CoreBon also has some although its sometimes 3 to 4 week delivery.
I have bought from both over the past year. Good stuff, not cheap, but cheap is a relative term lately

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A

We also have Bullets.......just the bullet. especially heavy in .223 caliber, 77 gr. Have .416 bullets Swift and Barnes. .45 cal. Cast .452 and .454 (hard Cast).

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MuskegMan

I'm lookin for loaded rounds made by Federal, I think they call it Vital Shok or something along those lines. Wish I did reload but I appreciate the offer though.

Steelhead

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AGL4now
Notice.......To anyone interested in ammo in the general Los'Anchorage to Kenai Peninsula area, we have ammo for sale. Unopened "case Lots". Heavy on 9MM and 10MM and .45 Auto. No it is Not free, No it is not available at 1986 prices or even 2011 prices. All factory loaded, in unopened cases. Green cash only........no banks around here, so no checks, credit cards.

Not interested in selling less then a brick (500 rounds) or opening cases.

Have cases of .40 S&W including 165 gr. Gold Dot. (this stuff is expensive by the case).
I don't really need 500 rounds of 10mm but I'll ask anyways, how much for a brick? Oh and who is this "we" of which you speak?

Steelhead

IC B3

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Also have 60+ years of tools and equipment to sell, Super Cub parts, Case 450B and Trucks, Heavy Equipment trailers.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T

Life is good live it while you can.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by TrueGrit

You do understand that ammo can "NOT" be shipped to Alaska or Hawaii without a full hazard material "Goat Rope" Cost about $450.00 for one box of ammo or a few cases. Special Pallet required, Special wrapping require, yards of paperwork, must be done by companies certified to do this.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
Originally Posted by MuskegMan

I'm lookin for loaded rounds made by Federal, I think they call it Vital Shok or something along those lines. Wish I did reload but I appreciate the offer though.

Unless I missed it, you didn’t say what cartridge you’re looking for loaded with 150 grain Partitions.

What fresh Hell is this?
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K

You do understand that ammo can "NOT" be shipped to Alaska or Hawaii without a full hazard material "Goat Rope" Cost about $450.00 for one box of ammo or a few cases. Special Pallet required, Special wrapping require, yards of paperwork, must be done by companies certified to do this.[/quote]

kk alaska

Alaska 7 months of winter then 5 months of tourists
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Yeah I love it on forums where lower 48'ers chime in about which online store has ammo when talking to Alaskans.

I can have ammo drop shipped to Tacoma, then pay a forwarder to take it to the marine terminal, then pay my local shipping company to barge it up.

Unless you have a group of 10-20 guys pitching together for a group purchase, it's not really worth the time.

Intellectual honesty is the most important character trait in human beings.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by LoadClear
Yeah I love it on forums where lower 48'ers chime in about which online store has ammo when talking to Alaskans.

I can have ammo drop shipped to Tacoma, then pay a forwarder to take it to the marine terminal, then pay my local shipping company to barge it up.

Unless you have a group of 10-20 guys pitching together for a group purchase, it's not really worth the time.

Yup. Not like we’re in America.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
The real pisser is that it's not that hard to legally ship ammo for online business and carriers... ammo is Hazmat class 1.4. All it takes is a "Declaration of Hazardous Goods" be filled out, and be packaged in a safe way (factory packaging suffices). In some rare cases, it must be kept separate by a certain distance from some other REALLY hazardous stuff when on the same airplane.

I've personally carried by air several millions of rounds of ammunition carried legally per the DOT and FAA. I was a certified HAZDEC agent, and an aircrewmember who loaded the cargo, generated the paperwork, and unloaded the cargo.

The real issue is that since Alaska is such a small market, and because most shippers in the lower 48 are ignorant, nobody wants to go through the hassle.

Intellectual honesty is the most important character trait in human beings.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T

You do understand that ammo can "NOT" be shipped to Alaska or Hawaii without a full hazard material "Goat Rope" Cost about $450.00 for one box of ammo or a few cases. Special Pallet required, Special wrapping require, yards of paperwork, must be done by companies certified to do this.

No I don't understand, but I do now. Sounds like hunters, fisherman and tourist should bring all the ammo they can possess legally and sell it in Alaska.

Life is good live it while you can.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A

No I don't understand, but I do now. Sounds like hunters, fisherman and tourist should bring all the ammo they can possess legally and sell it in Alaska.

Yep.......up to 50 pounds. on Alaska Airline.

I just bought a .475 Linebaugh revolver, and the deal included some ammo which is about $4.00 per cartridge. We could not ship the ammo. But the seller was coming to Alaska in a few months, which salvaged the entire deal.

Last edited by AGL4now; 06/15/21.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

89 members (6MMWASP, 338reddog, 260Remguy, 44automag, 4xbear, 79S, 8 invisible), 1,680 guests, and 915 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,196
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.