Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
Originally Posted by 30338
Denver, Portland, Chicago, Philly, New York, LA, San Fran, St. Louis. I mean name a big city you'd like to live in?

Every big city run by Democrats is a chithole, someone prove me wrong.
You're not wrong. But for the record, Portland is not all that big. About 650,000 and it still is horribly messed up.

Demoncrap run cities oughta prove to everyone Satan is real!

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My folks retired to a place in Anacortes, like 80 miles away to the north. So on road trips to visit Mom's kitchen, I'd plan on a day trip to Seattle, Boeing Surplus, that sort of stuff, Mariners games.
Over time, the trips got less fun. Lots of bums. The last straw was six years ago. I had a layover in Seattle between the train and the airplane, so I decided it would be a nice walk from King Street to Pike Market, just a gorgeous day. Big mistake. Never have I been so aggressively panhandled and it was continual. Never even got to Pike, I turned around short and headed back, with the caps taken off my tripod spikes. That rifle drill and bayonet training in college ROTC (sorry, I 4Fed out) actually came in handy, I was scary.
But that's it. If I ever again want to watch a nice ball game, I'll go to Yankee Stadium or Shea. F Seattle. F Potland. F San Francisco. All three, I used to love visiting. But now, Newyorkistan is a paradise compared to the Left Coast bungholes.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RickyD
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
Denver, Portland, Chicago, Philly, New York, LA, San Fran, St. Louis. I mean name a big city you'd like to live in?

Every big city run by Democrats is a chithole, someone prove me wrong.
You're not wrong. But for the record, Portland is not all that big. About 650,000 and it still is horribly messed up.

Demoncrap run cities oughta prove to everyone Satan is real!

About half of Oregon's population live in the Portland metro area

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Denver, Portland, Chicago, Philly, New York, LA, San Fran, St. Louis.

"Target for Today: starring the 8th Air Force and a cast of 1,000 B-17's"......

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Truth is even the big parks around Seattle have an overflow of weird people. I like eastern WA. To bad it's in WA state. I love the grand coulee dam area and north of there..

IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Seattle is a living testament to the lack of action of so-called conservative courage.

Seattle is being transformed into Satan City not because of the evils of the left, but because of the lack of good actions from "the right".

Like dropping a glass on concrete; It was not the concrete's fault or action that breaks the glass, but the one that stopped holding onto the glass is at fault.

"To the rich man, Lazarus was part of the landscape. If ever he did notice him, it never struck him that Lazarus had anything to do with him. He was simply unaware of his presence, or, if he was aware of it, he had no sense of responsibility for it... A man may well be condemned, not for doing something, but for doing nothing."
— William Barclay

The lack of the forceful agenda to do what's right is a guarantee of having to deal with all the problems of what's wrong.

Seattle is one city in a large state. So it begs 2 questions. #1 why was Satan's agenda paid for by the rest of the state and #2 Where are the real men in the rest of the state?

Cowering behind the excuses "it's not my problem" and "I Can't do anything",---------------------------( but they do pay for and keep funding all the left's agenda.)

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Malcom X warned us about white liberals and democrRATs. The guy knew what he was talking about.

kwg

When you bring in 30 million illegals they have to have a place to live. After all of the affordable housing is taken and you don't earn an income, you live on the street and blame everyone else for your plight.

kwg

Last edited by kwg020; 06/15/21.

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Just boomers being hopeless romantics reminiscing about an America that never was........

(Insert facetious post emoji here)

Decades of voting for the lesser of two evils has gotten us just that.....
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If sea level would only rise 30 feet, most of America's problems would be solved.

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by high_country_
If sea level would only rise 30 feet, most of America's problems would be solved.

Only if it gets High enough to get DC, too.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

You forgot Austin and Houston.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
I’m in Houston this week. Staying downtown. The homeless problem here is very modest compared to Denver.

and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

d.v.

Musings on TDS
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
What did you have to do prove to yourself how bad it really is. I would have drove 200 miles around it to avoid it. I will never intentionally put myself in harms way when I can avoid it!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by szihn
Seattle is a living testament to the lack of action of so-called conservative courage.

Seattle is being transformed into Satan City not because of the evils of the left, but because of the lack of good actions from "the right".

Like dropping a glass on concrete; It was not the concrete's fault or action that breaks the glass, but the one that stopped holding onto the glass is at fault.

"To the rich man, Lazarus was part of the landscape. If ever he did notice him, it never struck him that Lazarus had anything to do with him. He was simply unaware of his presence, or, if he was aware of it, he had no sense of responsibility for it... A man may well be condemned, not for doing something, but for doing nothing."
— William Barclay

The lack of the forceful agenda to do what's right is a guarantee of having to deal with all the problems of what's wrong.

Seattle is one city in a large state. So it begs 2 questions. #1 why was Satan's agenda paid for by the rest of the state and #2 Where are the real men in the rest of the state?

Cowering behind the excuses "it's not my problem" and "I Can't do anything",---------------------------( but they do pay for and keep funding all the left's agenda.)

Bullshit.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by achadwick
I’m in Houston this week. Staying downtown. The homeless problem here is very modest compared to Denver.

I agree. Austin is worse. Both are still Libertard schittholes, though.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Live in the sticks of SE Oregon. With Portland airport being the only exception, we've not been downtown in 25 yrs. When we vacation, we venture further into the sticks. Did a firewood cutting run into our National Forest today, and never saw or heard another rig or person from 06:00 AM to noon. I like it that way.

Some nearby neighbors left Seattle about a year back. Sold a few low end rentals and typically scored $45 to 50K over asking within a day of posting their signs. Obviously someone likes it there.

Also, a young newly married couple with advanced degrees moved there about a year back and vacated to central Wa after 6 months. They simply could not afford a decent home.

Last edited by 1minute; 06/15/21.

1Minute
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My daughter lives in a condo in Seattle.
My son works in Seattle.
I met my wife in Seattle in 1976.
I was born in Seattle in 1951.
My father was born in Seattle in 1921.
My grandfather immigrated from Sweden for the Alaskan Gold rush and settled in Seattle ~ 1910.

The Seattle area has so much money from Boeing, Microsoft, and Amazon, that they can screw everything up and get away with it.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
[quote=Dave_Skinner] Boeing Surplus

That brings back great memories. In the 80s every time I drove to Seattle for business, I made sure I had enough time to head to Kent and spend lots of time at the Boeing surplus store. Amazing stocks of surplus, aircraft spec nuts and bolts for $2.00 per pound. Lots of tools. Some times I would bring the van to load up on 7075 aluminum and other metals. They changed over time as liability concerns came to the fore. Not as many surplus nuts and bolts, etc.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Brazos
Originally Posted by szihn
"To the rich man, Lazarus was part of the landscape. If ever he did notice him, it never struck him that Lazarus had anything to do with him. He was simply unaware of his presence, or, if he was aware of it, he had no sense of responsibility for it... A man may well be condemned, not for doing something, but for doing nothing."— William Barclay
Seattle is one city in a large state. So it begs 2 questions. #1 why was Satan's agenda paid for by the rest of the state and #2 Where are the real men in the rest of the state? Cowering behind the excuses "it's not my problem" and "I Can't do anything",---------------------------( but they do pay for and keep funding all the left's agenda.)
Bullshit.

Well Brazos, the above poster obviously has some applicable knowledge, and took some time and energy to support his view. Would you be so kind as to provide knowledgeable support for your brief excretory exclamation.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by achadwick

Denver and it's suburbs are the azzwhole of America IMO.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

140 members (10Glocks, 44mc, AlleghenyMountain, 7x57Hunter, 7887mm08, 808outdoors, 15 invisible), 1,862 guests, and 773 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,280
Posts18,467,693
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.