Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Originally Posted by Rooster7
...I thought everyone did that. Here though, the bridesmaids "steal" the groom and the groomsmen "steal" the bride and go bar hopping at different (separate) bars for about an hour.

While everyone invited to the reception stands around wondering "Whatinhell am I doing here?"

No. They all "visit" and catch up with old friends and family. It's not that big of a deal. It gives people a chance to show up from where ever the wedding was held. Then when the wedding party walks in, everyone joins in the celebration.

If you feel the wedding party is disrespecting you just because you "bothered" to show up, you should have never attended the wedding in the first place.

Sheesh

Hold into the ham buns!

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
My feelings exactly.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
This sounds like stupid chit.

Show up or don't.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Dess
My parents talked about a 'chivaree'. Basically, practical jokes like removing or loosening the hardware on the bed, rocks in hubcaps, removing labels from canned goods. It sometimes went as far as a fake kidnapping the bride and making the anxious groom pay a ransom.

Where I'm from the chivaree was a surprise housewarming if it was decided that the couple was taking too long to have one.

If you love someone set them free
If they come back no one else liked them
Set them free again
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Seems to be a "thing" in Iowa and Missouri too. Wedding party leaves for an hour or more, goes bar hopping or just go drinking somewhere and than come back.
Not sure when this started, but I'm not a big fan when your standing around at the reception hall and there is not wedding party.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Wife’s hillbilly cousin got married to some ‘far extinguisher’ inspection boy whatever

In a hoe down events barn.

I guess that’s the new tradition. Bunch of no-goin-to-church mfkers get married in an ‘events pavillion’ nowadays on some yuppie’s wedding planner farm.

I know my church won’t let your heathen asses get married there if’n you ain’t a member. So that’s that. A lot of Baptist churches are like that around here.

It rained lol

So the ridin six white horses hokey BS had to be cancelled and the 60s convertible corvette you take pics in too was cancelled.

Now...there was a rented big tiddy bar tender gal, ‘open bar’ wasnt her money or liquor so she was fixin some damn good drinks. 😃👍

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by slumlord
Wife’s hillbilly cousin got married to some ‘far extinguisher’ inspection boy whatever

In a hoe down events barn.

I guess that’s the new tradition. Bunch of no-goin-to-church mfkers get married in an ‘events pavillion’ nowadays on some yuppie’s wedding planner farm.

I know my church won’t let your heathen asses get married there if’n you ain’t a member. So that’s that. A lot of Baptist churches are like that around here.

It rained lol

So the ridin six white horses hokey BS had to be cancelled and the 60s convertible corvette you take pics in too was cancelled.

Now...there was a rented big tiddy bar tender gal, ‘open bar’ wasnt her money or liquor so she was fixin some damn good drinks. 😃👍

Another good party, if they were passing out roofies and Adderall to the guests.

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by TheKid

I like my grandparents’ style, they got married on a Sunday afternoon in the spring in the preacher’s yard with only my Grandad’s dad as the witness. Paid the preacher $5 and charged headlong into life together. Been 69 years this past month.

My parents got married in a similar fashion in the 1950's. They went to the preacher's house to tie the knot, then had a get together with local family at my Grandfather's house. They were married over 50 years until Dad died.

Average people back in the day had neither the money nor the audacity to throw weddings like they do now.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Today’s IDIOTS do weird stuff!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Sharpsman
Today’s IDIOTS do weird stuff!!

Yep

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Perhaps the stupidest wedding tradition is spending scads of money on a "Barbie princess" wedding that could be put to much better use by the couple.

^^ This ^^ .

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Increasing rare, just staying married.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Big weddings don't last.

Life is good live it while you can.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

575 members (1lessdog, 1234, 1_deuce, 10gaugeman, 007FJ, 160user, 67 invisible), 2,323 guests, and 1,233 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,656
Posts18,455,599
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.