Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 24 of 30 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 29 30
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Found this one on a late rifle hunt in AZ...passed a bunch of bulls before finding this one.

[Linked Image from photos.imageevent.com]

Had an easy way to get 50-60 yards from it...so, edged on down. Was a bit thicker than it looked from across the draw, and bumped him out of his bed at about 50 yards. Slapped him just behind the rib cage as he was getting out of Dodge, bullet exited just in front of the off-side shoulder.

Over 20" fifth on the one side...gross scored 356 as is, at least 14-15 inches busted, so another in that 370 gross range.

Arizona's always treated me right fair...

Felt guilty about drawing 4 AZ rifle bull tags...so donated one to AZ hunt of a lifetime which went to a young lady with cancer.

GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Ever killed a Roosevelt bull or a Washington blacktail? You just gonna post special permit bulls?

Love the hunt talk boys that think they’re the [bleep], but haven’t hunted 2 of the hardest critters to collect. Come on over otc tags and lotsa public ground. 👍

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Judman
Ever killed a Roosevelt bull or a Washington blacktail? You just gonna post special permit bulls?

Love the hunt talk boys that think they’re the [bleep], but haven’t hunted 2 of the hardest critters to collect. Come on over otc tags and lotsa public ground. 👍

Already posted a bunch of general bulls...shot an ass-pile of them on OTC tags.

Love the WA guy that throws a fit when the hunt talk boys won't tell him where to hunt elk...

Post up all your AZ, MT, and WY bulls...tuffie.

Never have even thought about hunting elk in WA...I can shoot 3 a year in WY and can but a NR OTC tag in MT for $200 if I want as well as a second cow tag. Arizona, I only apply for elk there because I'm already buying the license to apply for coues and Rocky Mountain Bighorn (already shot a OIL desert there). Like I said, elk aren't my thing, they're just thick, easy to hunt, I can get a lot of tags easy, and they fill freezers. Never claimed to be much of an elk hunter...I don't put much effort into it.

I try not to kill more than 3-5 elk a year.

Blacktails...yes, would like to hunt them, but not in WA.

Last edited by BuzzH; 06/14/21.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
You dummies wonder why we pay the prices we do in Montana, Wyoming Idaho etc, it’s because it’s THAT much better.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Tuffie!!! Haha

You don’t wanna hunt bucks here cause you’d fall on your fuucking face!!!

Step on it Randy, I want free Sitka gear and I wanna suck your ass!! 😂

Last edited by Judman; 06/14/21.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
You dummies wonder why we pay the prices we do in Montana, Wyoming Idaho etc, it’s because it’s THAT much better.

When was the last time you killed a bull in Wyoming? Oh, let me guess, still wondering what to do with those max points...dummie?

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Tuffie!!! Haha

I don't want to hunt bucks in WA because there's better hunting to be had elsewhere for blacktails.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Post up some more “calf” pics buzzy boy!! Haha

Don’t you worry about my max point sweetheart, they’re all mine, bought and paid for. Smile like a stupid fuuck with mule deer sized “elk”!!

Ain’t easy havin pals.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by BuzzH
Tuffie!!! Haha

I don't want to hunt bucks in WA because there's better hunting to be had elsewhere for blacktails.

Let me guess, California or southern Oregon? Have at er princess

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Holy Fook !

This thread keeps gaining more traction everyday...While I’m in the upstairs bedroom finger banging a couple of pavement cowgirls who keep getting mouthy, I’m missing all the excitement down here. Damn !

I see Jud is representing the PNW Mafia all by himself. Atta boy Jman ! It’s not like you ever needed a cover car.

Magic Mike, hay fever is rough this time of year. Makes your eyes as red as that swollen gash between your legs you call a pussy...Laffin. Love you man !

Buzz does kill a lot of cows...Lucky sumnabitch. I wish I could kill a cow every year....Oops, I do. Yeah, we call them grocery store hunts out here cuz they’re as easy as picking up chips and dip at a gas & sip.

Speaking of cows. Jman, that cow you posted above....Why’s her mouth wide open like that ? Did you face fück her to death?

Grins

🦫

PS

Jman tap me in, if you’re getting beat into a corner and need help.

PPS

SLM is like Cool Hand Luke...But, Cooler

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
IC B3

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Buzz,

Why the obvious disdain for public land?

Most all the GF guys/gals know who I am in this part of the world, including the Director, assistant directors, commission, biologists, wardens. I've worked with a lot of them for a long time.

Why would I give a chit who outfits Cow creek? Most of its public anyway.

"Those that think they know everything are annoying those of us that have Google." - Dr. D. Edward Wilkinson

Note to self: Never ask an old Fogey how he is doing today.
Revised note to self: Keep it short when someone asks how I am doing.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Hope they didn't spring any leaks.....

If so, pool toys have small patch kits.

Originally Posted by Beaver10

This thread keeps gaining more traction everyday...While I’m in the upstairs bedroom finger banging a couple of pavement cowgirls who keep getting mouthy, I’m missing all the excitement down here. Damn !

"Those that think they know everything are annoying those of us that have Google." - Dr. D. Edward Wilkinson

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by MIKEWERNER
Buzz,

Most all the GF guys/gals know who I am in this part of the world, including the Director, assistant directors, commission, biologists, wardens. I've worked with a lot of them for a long time.

What disdain for public lands?...you sound confused.

BTW, did you actually read the elk regulations yet? Probably still confused about those as well....

Last edited by BuzzH; 06/15/21.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
How many elk have you lost, Buzz? Ever witnessed any problems with a 243?

As most everyone knows........you have to buy a doe tag when drawing an Iowa buck tag.

Sometimes........when a hunter fills the buck tag......they will go back out with the doe tag......and maybe a video camera.

Get a little excited when I'm trailing a boogered doe (after proper waiting)........and the hunter says something like: "Screw it.......it's not like it's a 150 inch buck......let's call it."

The biggest surprise of IRO was the wound rates. Everyone is an expert before and when they arrive.

When they want to poke the bales after a morning hunt........go check the stand location for blood (hint).

Last November.....saw an old fat man shoot a cow elk in the lower front leg (3rd shot)......100 yards from his truck. The leg was swinging. Any guesses how far he tracked it? 30-06, looked like a 721 with a steel tube Weaver.

Kinda now convinced.........it's the norm.

After all, it's only a 'lowly' doe or cow.

Buzz,

BTW, did you actually read the elk regulations yet? Probably still confused about those as well....

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
How many elk have you lost, Buzz? Ever witnessed any problems with a 243?

As most everyone knows........you have to buy a doe tag when drawing an Iowa buck tag.

Sometimes........when a hunter fills the buck tag......they will go back out with the doe tag......and maybe a video camera.

Get a little excited when I'm trailing a boogered doe (after proper waiting)........and the hunter says something like: "Screw it.......it's not like it's a 150 inch buck......let's call it."

The biggest surprise of IRO was the wound rates. Everyone is an expert before and when they arrive.

When they want to poke the bales after a morning hunt........go check the stand location for blood (hint).

Last November.....saw an old fat man shoot a cow elk in the lower front leg (3rd shot)......100 yards from his truck. The leg was swinging. Any guesses how far he tracked it? 30-06, looked like a 721 with a steel tube Weaver.

Kinda now convinced.........it's the norm.

After all, it's only a 'lowly' doe or cow.

Buzz,

You're all over the map...I can't help you with your choice of friends or who you guide on your place. Maybe pick better friends or better clients...not my pig, not my farm.

Same with the elk that you saw wounded...not sure what that has to do with anything, but OK.

I lost one elk with a rifle, that I eventually found. A spike bull that I just flat made a bad shot on at about 80 yards with a .338 and 250 grain partitions. Shot 17 other elk with that rifle as well as numerous deer, a dall sheep, black bears, shiras moose, etc. and it worked fine, not much different than the other rifles I've shot big-game with. Still have it but the last time I shot it was at a muskox in AK several years ago.

No, never witnessed any problems with a .243 on deer, elk, pronghorn, bears, bighorn sheep, and watched a friend kill a moose with one in Montana as well with a 100 grain sierra...one shot and that was that. The folks I hunt with are top shelf and know how to hunt, shoot, etc.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Wow......impressive.

243 on Moose? Was that all they could afford? Did they actually set out to hunt Moose with a 243?

So.......that gut-shot P&Y bull went perfectly, as planned? Can't help it......all over the map again.

Do you think that old elk-wounder would have shot more......with a 243.......than his old 30-06? Or, would he still just dust ol' Betsy off before the hunt? He was a local.....wonder if he eventually got his elk.

Amazing, you hang out with such great people......that top shelf is sure high.......and no lost/wounded animals over all those years. Surely no misses either.

Help me out, if you will. How do you know to refuse the money of a paid 'bad' hunter.....before they make that bad shot? Watching them shoot bale targets assures nothing, when it comes to poor judgement and decisions in the field.

You're all over the map...I can't help you with your choice of friends or who you guide on your place. Maybe pick better friends or better clients...not my pig, not my farm.

Same with the elk that you saw wounded...not sure what that has to do with anything, but OK.

I lost one elk with a rifle, that I eventually found. A spike bull that I just flat made a bad shot on at about 80 yards with a .338 and 250 grain partitions. Shot 17 other elk with that rifle as well as numerous deer, a dall sheep, black bears, shiras moose, etc. and it worked fine, not much different than the other rifles I've shot big-game with. Still have it but the last time I shot it was at a muskox in AK several years ago.

No, never witnessed any problems with a .243 on deer, elk, pronghorn, bears, bighorn sheep, and watched a friend kill a moose with one in Montana as well with a 100 grain sierra...one shot and that was that. The folks I hunt with are top shelf and know how to hunt, shoot, etc.

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Mikey, is the wife’s grocery getter broke down? Can’t afford gas?

Having trouble finding a matching outfit that doesn’t require gloss brown shoes?

It’s been a couple weeks since you’ve threatened a road trip and beat down.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I am on antibiotics for gangrene on my ankles.

Did you ever join that AA group?

Ankle-biters Anonymous

Originally Posted by SLM

It’s been a couple weeks since you’ve threatened a road trip and beat down.

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
If I were you, I’d get on bismuth subsalicylate for that free flowing mouth problem first.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Way over my head there.....SLM. Just a common guy here.

But still, perfectly content the way things are, if you are.

Reality.......so to speak.

Originally Posted by SLM
If I were you, I’d get on bismuth subsalicylate for that free flowing mouth problem first.

Page 24 of 30 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 29 30

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

667 members (12344mag, 1234, 163bc, 06hunter59, 17CalFan, 160user, 66 invisible), 2,374 guests, and 1,243 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,626
Posts18,455,133
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.