Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
O
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by rickt300
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Had to run down to Baton Rouge this am to get some things done, finished and stopped for a late breakfast at favorite family place called Franks.

Walking in to be seated I passed by young 2 Sheriffs deputies who were having their coffee waiting on their meal.

I sat down and the waitress came and I ordered then told her to bring me the deputies’ bill and don’t say anything.

She smiled and told me that there were 3 different people already ahead of me on that and that I’d be number 4 with that offer. She went on to say that she’d tell them that 4 different folks wanted to pay their breakfast bill.

I thought that was pretty cool.

Well hell now I feel bad about calling you a jackass.

Heh. It’s okay, rick !!

Another:
While passing through the DFW airport during the last desert storm there were 6 or 7 families of soldiers that had pulled tables together in the TGIF restaurant, probably 30 or so adults and children.

As they were trying to sort out the bill the waitress told them that it was all taken care of by the man who had just left with the straw cowboy hat on and she further said that he had even included her tip.

You could have heard a pin drop in the restaurant.

As another said there’s the quiet ones out there.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
BP-B2

F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
One reason I cut the Texans a lot of slack on here, in 1964 I was at Fort Wolters in the 864 th Engrs, and when I would go in to Mineral Wells to have a treat at one of the cafe's...folks would try to pay for it. Anti war sentiment was already showing itself in other places back then...not in Texas. Quite a contrast with the greeting we got at Travis AFB Calif. when we came home a couple years later.

Last edited by flintlocke; 06/17/21.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Old Toot fits into zero old heroic dude categories.

Sorry old chap

LOL

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
O
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by flintlocke
One reason I cut the Texans a lot of slack on here, in 1964 I was at Fort Wolters in the 864 th Engrs, and when I would go in to Mineral Wells to have a treat at one of the cafe's...folks would try to pay for it. Anti war sentiment was already showing itself in other places back then...not in Texas. Quite a contrast with the greeting we got at Travis AFB Calif. when we came home a couple years later.

At DFW no matter what your seating status is all uniformed military board first.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I see that the 'attention ho's' have showed up on this thread with their usual drivel.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Oldman03
I see that the 'attention ho's' have showed up on this thread with their usual drivel.

It’s just mosquitoes.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I hate to break it to you guys but there’s a very real chance they don’t want you paying the bill and there’s and an even bigger chance they never had a bill to begin with.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
At first, I was going to say that this proves Mr. Toot isn't a Jew. Then I realized that the story had a happy ending (from our perspective) and he didn't have to reach into his wallet.

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Remsen
At first, I was going to say that this proves Mr. Toot isn't a Jew. Then I realized that the story had a happy ending (from our perspective) and he didn't have to reach into his wallet.

LMAO!!

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by deflave
I hate to break it to you guys but there’s a very real chance they don’t want you paying the bill and there’s and an even bigger chance they never had a bill to begin with.

There's a couple of local restaurants that offer freebies to LEOs. The restaurant does a lot of business and considers the free meal as a security measure so they don't need to hire a guard. If police are in and out a lot, the riff raff who just gambled away their child's fraudulent credit card might rob another place.
The funny thing is that guess who I know got the freebie meals, a tax payer payment at work AND sent in their children's credit card applications? Lol.

Last edited by Happy_Camper; 06/17/21.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by slumlord
I still have faith you’ll post pics of friendly gator. grin

Lil gator gonna have leg of limb for dnner one of these days. Lol

Laffin

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
_
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
_
You alright in my book toot. You ever around Lafayette lemme know. I’ll make a fresh pot-o-coffee or ice a few down.

P.s. shoot the gator i got a recipe for that.
Alan

Last edited by _B78_; 06/17/21.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That's a nice offer.
It makes me wonder if there's a policy about accepting gifts while on duty.

_
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
_
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
That's a nice offer.
It makes me wonder if there's a policy about accepting gifts while on duty.

Thats nobody’s buisness……that is between the establishment and the patrons. None of anyone else’s buisness, Not the gubment nor the officers. Dont try to play that bull——. Everyone know that they cant. It would be considered a bribe. Shush boy. Mind your manners

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
Originally Posted by deflave

There's a couple of local restaurants that offer freebies to LEOs. The restaurant does a lot of business and considers the free meal as a security measure so they don't need to hire a guard. If police are in and out a lot, the riff raff who just gambled away their child's fraudulent credit card.
The funny thing is that guess who I know got the freebie meals, a tax payer payment at work AND sent in their children's credit card applications? Lol.

You are wrong, digkhead cokksucker.

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
O
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by _B78_
You alright in my book toot. You ever around Lafayette lemme know. I’ll make a fresh pot-o-coffee or ice a few down.

P.s. shoot the gator i got a recipe for that.
Alan

We’ll have to do that B78.

The young ones do eat best.

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Very nice!

I've done that when I had the opportunity and no one has ever said anything about it being improper. They don't know me and I don't know them. What would they report--Some old gimpy guy bought their lunch.

Retired cat herder.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gregintenn
I've yet to see an officer in uniform ever get a bill in a restaurant. Never really could figure that one out.

the left would ascribe it to something nefarious... I like knowing that the law and order crowd are stepping up.

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
At least you're not scared of covid any more. Be joyous
LOL

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
_
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
_
Originally Posted by BobBrown
At least you're not scared of covid any more. Be joyous
LOL

I just can’t stand it…. You dont know thats mans personal situation nor who he comes in contact with. Nor their underlying health conditions cause it none ya buisness. Nothin wrong with livin a life to the best of your own judgement. Ain’t that what your doin? Poonfart?

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
727 members (204guy, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 75 invisible), 2,934 guests, and 1,301 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,770
Posts18,401,519
Members73,823
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.