Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
The liberals in the NM State legislature finally got their way and have banned trapping and snaring on all public lands in NM beginning April, 2022.

They couldn't get the coming season shut down because the regs are already published and distributed for the 21/22 season.

Their justification? Nine "pets" were caught in leghold traps or snares last year throughout the entire state and they had to outlaw this "barbaric" behavior. The didn't care how many of those traps/snares were set illegally.

Facts and reason were never considered.

The ranchers and farmers who depend on grazing on public lands to make a living are just out of luck, folks who depend on trapping to supplement their income just lost some great opportunities, and getting into trapping for young folks just became much, much harder.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So, whose army is going to enforce that? That's a boatload of land to patrol.

1Minute
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Fugg

Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow
A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by 1minute
So, whose army is going to enforce that? That's a boatload of land to patrol.

That's a damned good question they didn't answer (not that it wasn't asked) and they really threw the game wardens under the bus when they added the amendment that gave an exception to registered Native Americans!

You can bet there's going to be lawsuits out the wazoo!

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
State public land, or State and Federal public Lands?

Some spelling errors can be corrected by a vowel movement.
~ MOLON LABE ~
IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by LouisB

State, State Trust, and all Federal Lands. There are still unanswered questions regarding the status of certain public properties that don't fall into those neat three categories. The questions were raised during committee hearings and the floor debates, but the liberals couldn't be bothered with determining facts and details. They just wanted to shove this through.

Ed

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I have had people ask me if I am going to move back "home" (NM) now that I am retired.
This sort of thing and others like it is why I say NO!.
The home I left is no more.

Hence that old sayin'

Last edited by LouisB; 03/25/21.

Some spelling errors can be corrected by a vowel movement.
~ MOLON LABE ~
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Typical liberal asshats long on faulty ideology and short on common sense

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Does this include M44 cyanide devices? I've seen those on BLM land in NM.

New Mexico is another welfare state that needs to be cut off but instead is going to be given everything.

Quando omni flunkus moritati
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Welcome to Colorado. Banned it in 1996. You can trap on private if the division of wildlife approves it as a damage permit...which never happens.

IC B3

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
This makes me so mad. The animal rights groups are chipping away at our freedoms. Next will be hound hunting, bear hunting, cat hunting, etc.

“One thorn of experience is worth a whole wilderness of warning.” - James Russell Lowell
A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Whiptail

Does this include M44 cyanide .

Yes, and the 1080 collars for sheep. Essentially, no poisons, no snares, and no leghold traps.

Ed

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
Originally Posted by LouisB

State, State Trust, and all Federal Lands. There are still unanswered questions regarding the status of certain public properties that don't fall into those neat three categories. The questions were raised during committee hearings and the floor debates, but the liberals couldn't be bothered with determining facts and details. They just wanted to shove this through.

Ed

How can a State ban trapping/snares on Federal (BLM / National Forest) lands?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The state manages the wildlife, at least in the states that I have experience with. Those federal agencies manage the habitat on the forests/desert on their managed lands but not the wildlife itself.

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Yup. All 50 states have the same agreement although they kinda fudge it in AK.

Ed

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
198 members (257 mag, 300jimmy, 10Glocks, 300_savage, 2UP, 01Foreman400, 17 invisible), 1,562 guests, and 863 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,592
Posts18,397,911
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.