Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Fotis
Originally Posted by shootbrownelk
I really didn't want to go hunting this year. I applied for the hardest to draw units for Antelope, Deer and Elk. I drew a premium Red Desert antelope tag last year and couldn't use it because of 2 back surgeries I had. I donated the tag to a G&F program for disabled/wounded Veterans so someone deserving got to use it.
The results were out at 10:00 this morning. The wife asked me if I checked the results at 8:30 tonight, I said what for.
I checked anyway, Antelope & Deer were unsuccessful but Elk was SUCCESSFUL! Area # 100 type 1 (any elk) a premium and seemingly impossible tag to draw. I get to hunt Bull Elk in the Red Desert. I can't wait.

LUCKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beyond lucky. Most dismal Elk area drawing odds in the state. I finally got lucky.

GB1

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Fotis
I really didn't want to go hunting this year. I applied for the hardest to draw units for Antelope, Deer and Elk. I drew a premium Red Desert antelope tag last year and couldn't use it because of 2 back surgeries I had. I donated the tag to a G&F program for disabled/wounded Veterans so someone deserving got to use it.
The results were out at 10:00 this morning. The wife asked me if I checked the results at 8:30 tonight, I said what for.
I checked anyway, Antelope & Deer were unsuccessful but Elk was SUCCESSFUL! Area # 100 type 1 (any elk) a premium and seemingly impossible tag to draw. I get to hunt Bull Elk in the Red Desert. I can't wait.

LUCKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beyond lucky. Most dismal Elk area drawing odds in the state. I finally got lucky.

No good deed goes unpunished!
Congrats on the tag

Decades of voting for the lesser of two evils has gotten us just that.....
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by memtb

We got our elk tags and of course our “General Deer”.....failed on Antelope! 🤬 It looks like I’ll go to my grave without taking a nice “goat”! 🤬 memtb
I will go to my grave with a shelf full of 68-70" antelope bucks ,but not one a tenth over 70 apparently............

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
In all fairness, I know people are disappointed when they don't draw tags. But the antelope could use a break in the big tag number areas of the central / eastern part of the state. The numbers are lower than I can remember and there really does not seem to be a large number of fawns this year. The antelope factory needs to reequip the herd so to speak. To add to that it is really dry this year. Prairie is browned off like August already.

Last edited by wyoming260; 06/27/21.
CRS Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I did not draw antelope and my son did not draw deer. Maybe next year.

Arcus Venator
IC B2

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
No joy on moose, elk or antelope, but my son and I drew for late season muleys in area 128. North and South of Dubois. Nov 1 thru the 20th. Plan is to go up a few days early for the end of Gen. Elk, hopefully lay one down and also scout for some swolled neck, heavy-tined, pine pitch darkened, moss-headed mountain bucks looking for love.

It's been awhile since I've hunted muleys. I've been a pure Whitetail hunter since '92.

Should be a hoot.

Gary

"Damn right it's loaded, it makes a lousy club"
-JW
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Found out today that I got a non-resident doe/fawn leftover tag in addition to my non-resident buck Antelope tag. Hope the landowner allows taking does. Either way, I am looking forward to my first Antelope hunt!

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

805 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Sakoluvr
Found out today that I got a non-resident doe/fawn leftover tag in addition to my non-resident buck Antelope tag. Hope the landowner allows taking does. Either way, I am looking forward to my first Antelope hunt!

Most landowners in WY that I’ve talked with and hunted with want does to be taken. Good luck on your hunt. You will have a blast. Antelope are fun to hunt.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just buying points for deer and antelope this year. Got an elk tag in my pocket though so heading to Wyoming again this October. Good luck everyone!

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
We applied for points only last year planning for a trip this year. This is my first time going to Wyoming for antelope (or anywhere west of Illinois for that matter). A group of four of us will be heading out towards the end of next month. I got a buck and two doe tags for area 26. Looking forward to it, should be a great time.

IC B3

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Skankhunt42
We applied for points only last year planning for a trip this year. This is my first time going to Wyoming for antelope (or anywhere west of Illinois for that matter). A group of four of us will be heading out towards the end of next month. I got a buck and two doe tags for area 26. Looking forward to it, should be a great time.

You have private land to hunt?

Decades of voting for the lesser of two evils has gotten us just that.....
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

Looks lke you might shoot-brown-elk

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by JeffP
Originally Posted by Skankhunt42

You have private land to hunt?

No but I'm going with someone who's been where we are going several times and he's been successful. We'll be there for the opener.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

652 members (10gaugeman, 1minute, 12344mag, 1_deuce, 1eyedmule, 1beaver_shooter, 68 invisible), 3,021 guests, and 1,286 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,702
Posts18,456,802
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.