Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
rte Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
This is the type of invasion of privacy and unconstitutional garbage supported by the left-wingers who infect this site.In co-operation with the apparatchiks,who have taken control of the justice department,these left-wingers could care less about the destruction of our way of life as long as they live their life vicariously through the Demonrat/Commie Party.They falsely believe as long as the Demonrat/Commie Party prevails,they consider themselves winners.

Big Brother Is Watching: All Gun Sales to Be Videotaped as Major US City Issues Incredibly Invasive Mandate.

The state of California has no shortage of policies that are both useless and overly restrictive. In the latest example of this phenomenon, the city of San Jose has passed an incredibly invasive new gun law.

According to The Mercury News, San Jose’s city council passed an ordinance from Mayor Sam Liccardo that will require video and audio recording of all firearm purchases. The decision to pass the ordinance was unanimous.

Liccardo claimed that the policy would deter “straw purchasing,” which is an illegal practice in which someone buys a gun on behalf of a person who is prohibited from doing so.

“We know a significant number of crooks and gangs get firearms through straw purchasing,” he said. “This set of ordinances is really focused on narrowing the flow of guns to those which are clearly legal and hopefully doing something to deter the flow of guns that are unlawful to own.”

It does not take a genius to see the flaw in this plan. Just because you record the purchase of a firearm does not in any way deter the buyer from committing crimes after they leave the store.

If a criminal wants to engage in straw purchasing, they can still send someone to a firearms dealer to buy the gun on camera. That person would then simply meet the criminal and complete the exchange at another location after leaving the store.

The only way that videotaping may deter crime is if San Jose lawmakers carried cameras and followed around every gun owner for the rest of their lives. Given their willingness to infringe on others’ rights, we shouldn’t give them any ideas.

According to NBC News, the law was passed just weeks after a gunman killed nine people at a Northern California rail hub.

The gunman was an employee of the Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority, NBC reported. He shot down nine of his coworkers before shooting himself, and he died at the scene.

While this was certainly a tragedy, it is unclear how the new ordinance would have changed the situation at all. According to KRON-TV, the suspect legally owned the three semi-automatic handguns used in the shooting.

Video recording or not, he apparently could have purchased these guns without any serious setbacks. He also used high-capacity magazines that are banned in California, meaning he probably purchased them illegally somewhere else. This new ordinance would not address that problem, either.

By requiring these video and audio recordings, San Jose is violating citizens’ rights without even making progress towards its stated goal. It is not only invasive but also ineffective.

In addition, gun advocates in California have pointed out that the law unfairly subjects law-abiding citizens to an invasive level of surveillance.

“It is outrageous that Mayor Liccardo wants to use Big Brother-style omniveillance to record gun owners’ every move, violating the privacy of millions, especially at-risk firearm purchasers,” Sacramento’s Firearms Policy Coalition said in a statement.

“This Orwellian requirement would be rightly universally opposed were the City to impose similar video and audio-recording mandates in mosques and churches, book stores, or abortion clinics.”

This point is exactly correct. This policy would never be enacted against people purchasing other legal goods, so there is no reason that it should be enacted against people who are legally purchasing a firearm.

Some San Jose citizens also expressed concern to the city council about the new ordinance and argued that it was much too radical.

“This is nothing more than another thinly veiled attempt to completely eliminate gun ownership and the constitutional right for law-abiding citizens to defend themselves,” said a community member who did not reveal their name.

“Tragedies like the one at the VTA, to which you are attempting to respond to, will not be eliminated by this regulation.”

This invasive policy is likely just the beginning of Liccardo’s radical agenda. The Mercury News reported that the mayor has also revealed a 10-point plan to curb gun violence, including a provision to “require gun owners to insure their weapons and pay a fee to cover taxpayer costs associated with firearm violence.”

Make no mistake: The left’s gun-grabbing efforts will not end with video and audio recordings. With each new un-American law that passes, the left will push further and further to restrict our freedoms.

https://www.westernjournal.com/big-...city-issues-incredibly-invasive-mandate/

Communist Goals

26. Present homosexuality and degeneracy as normal.
27. Discredit the Bible.
28. Eliminate prayer in the schools.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/1561529/posts
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
rte,

That's right. That's an infringement on privacy and 2A.
It presumes guilt upon every man and woman in the state as it feigns safety and a so called righteous cause.
They invite gangs in and drive out the decent folks whose ancestors settled there. Then they aid and abet the criminals. Next step is to do what they did many years ago when they went to peoples homes to steal the registered rifles that the state demanded be turned in after assuring otherwise when registered.

The powers that shouldn't be disgust those decent Californians who should be in power.

Last edited by Happy_Camper; 06/18/21.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
My local gun store just recently installed an extensive video security system whereby there are five or six video cameras positioned throughout the store. You can see yourself on screen in every corner of the store, as can the staff. I assume it's all recorded, too. I also assume that it auto deletes after some hours or days, but it could easily be used to get a face shot of everyone who buys a gun.

H
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
H
All voting transactions should be videotaped....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Mask up, and make it a good one.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just wear a bigassed face mask

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
I worked at a very busy range/store for 9 years. All spaces except for bathrooms were under video surveillance. Considering the potential liabilities inherent w/ that business to not do so would be foolish.

I also have heard a rumor that other stores may have video records of their customers. This may be a trend.

LOL

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Get a t shirt that says "Gun grabbers can eat a bag of dicks" and wear it every time you go to the gun store.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It's a natural progression after doing the same to cops.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by lvmiker
I worked at a very busy range/store for 9 years. All spaces except for bathrooms were under video surveillance. Considering the potential liabilities inherent w/ that business to not do so would be foolish.

I also have heard a rumor that other stores may have video records of their customers. This may be a trend.

LOL

mike r

Oh well, at least we still have our privacy on the internet.......

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Kookafornia , did you expect anything else?

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I don’t own guns or condone the private sale of them. Bow down to the Left , knumbskulls.

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
MAC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
This is why you live in one of the other 49 states. Or 56 states according to Obozo.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
The intent isn't to reduce crime, but to effectively tax gun sellers and buyers. I'd be interested to see who is profiting from the installation of surveillance. #taxationistheft

Living in a world of G17s and 700s, wishing for P7s and 202s
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by urbaneruralite
The intent isn't to reduce crime, but to effectively tax gun sellers and buyers. I'd be interested to see who is profiting from the installation of surveillance. #taxationistheft

That’s not what your Mom said

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
One day a civil war will occur?

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
My local gun store just recently installed an extensive video security system whereby there are five or six video cameras positioned throughout the store. You can see yourself on screen in every corner of the store, as can the staff. I assume it's all recorded, too. I also assume that it auto deletes after some hours or days, but it could easily be used to get a face shot of everyone who buys a gun.

The cameras may be to deter people from stealing magazines, bolts and other gun parts and accessories.

NRA Patron
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by dale06
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

The cameras may be to deter people from stealing magazines, bolts and other gun parts and accessories.

I asked why, and they said to deter robbery and theft.

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
I have assumed that for the last twenty years every gun counter in Sportsman's, Cabellas, Walmart, and essentially all but the smallest of local Mom and Pop LGS have been videotaped. All the cash registers are and have been for years.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Annnnnnddddd...

This will solve exactly nothing...except to make a bunch of libtards warm and fuzzy

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

387 members (160user, 10Glocks, 1Longbow, 17CalFan, 1lesfox, 12344mag, 35 invisible), 1,660 guests, and 1,062 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,227
Posts18,447,699
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.