Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
My son related a funny story to me this morning. He was in a gas station getting fuel in his company truck and the young guy who was pumping his gas (yes, this is Oregon where we don't pump our own gas) was standing there holding the pump handle the whole time it was pumping. Another vehicle came in, so he asked my son if he could hold the lever while he waited on the other car and he'd be right back... My son says "okay" and gets out, pops the fill lever down so it will self pump and gets back in the truck. The young guy comes back after getting the other guy taken care of and had a quizzical look on his face to see it was still filling, all by itself....

You think five minutes of training might have been a good idea when they hired this young guy? LOL

Bob

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
GB1

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Oregon...say no more.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Petroleum Distribution Engineer

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
It's more of an art than a science.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Poor guy, nobody ever showed him anything. We've got a whole country of full of em.

Romans 5:1
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I was in Oregon a couple years ago. I had no idea about the whole gas pump person deal.

I swiped my card, started pumping and some kurt cobain looking mfer come running out of the market all panicky “sir sir hey man..lemme get that for you...I was tied up, I am sorry man, I was hurryin dude”

LOL

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by ingwe
Oregon...say no more.

Dimocrap...say no more.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by slumlord
I was in Oregon a couple years ago. I had no idea about the whole gas pump person deal.

I swiped my card, started pumping and some kurt cobain looking mfer come running out of the market all panicky “sir sir hey man..lemme get that for you...I was tied up, I am sorry man, I was hurryin dude”

LOL

Be fun to tell those suckers the folks in all the Red states with R governors all know how to do that.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D

I lived in Oregon 40 years ago.
Forgot, why can you not pump your own gas?

NRA Patron
B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
He was probably high.

Bb

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by dale06

Office of State Fire Marshal

Self-Service Rules Change FAQs

Can Oregonians still pump their own gas now?

The temporary suspension for rules requiring attendants to pump gas at gas stations in Oregon ends on May 23, 2020. All provisions of this temporary self-service rules change will sunset at the start of May 24, 2020. Self-service for gasoline will no longer be allowed in parts of the state where it had been temporarily allowed. To access current rules, go here.

Where in the state can I now pump my own gas?

Starting May 24, 2020, Oregonians may pump their own gas only where allowed by Oregon statute. See this map where self-serve is allowed. Self-serve is no longer allowed in areas of the state where self-serve rules had been suspended to address the impacts of COVID-19.

What does this mean for gas stations?

With the temporary rules change ending, customers can no longer pump their own gas, except in counties where it is allowed by state statute. See this map for areas where self-service is allowed.

https://www.oregon.gov/osp/programs/sfm/Pages/Self-Service-Rules-Change-FAQs.aspx

Bob F.

"Whose bright idea was it to put every idiot in the world in touch with every other idiot? It's working!" -- P. J. O'Rourke
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
You can't pump your own gas in Oregon. Bizarre.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F

The dispensing of motor fuel is a highly technical skill, not for amateurs, it is full of dangers, thousands and thousands of people have been killed pumping gas...it's right behind logging and mining in fatalities. Until you get in rural Oregon, where they suspend the requirement for a professional...they don't care how many Republicans die a fiery death, since they all want to join Idaho anyway. Sarcasm emoji needed.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Jiveturkey
Poor guy, nobody ever showed him anything. We've got a whole country of full of em.

Yep! And they all vote DemoRat.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by flintlocke

The dispensing of motor fuel is a highly technical skill, not for amateurs, it is full of dangers, thousands and thousands of people have been killed pumping gas...it's right behind logging and mining in fatalities. Until you get in rural Oregon, where they suspend the requirement for a professional...they don't care how many Republicans die a fiery death, since they all want to join Idaho anyway. Sarcasm emoji needed.
The map in the link showing the part of OR with limited self pumping is quite similar to the map of counties voting to join Idaho.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
His head might explode when he finds out you can wedge the gas cap in the nozzle handle to keep it flowing even if it doesn’t have an auto fill lever.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by slumlord

LOL

I had a similar experience in 2016. Flew into Portland early for a business mtg, grabbed a rental car for the weekend and headed south to Bandon Dunes. Somewhere in between I stopped at a small gas station and started to pay at the pump. Saw some dude out of the corner of my eye running straight toward me so bladed toward him and reared back to punch him! I had no idea Oregon was like that, I thought only New Jersey was full service.

Welcome to TN - patron state of shootin’ stuff
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Didn't they enact that law after a few Darwin Award candidate morons got out of their cars and started pumping gas with a lit cigarette still in their mouth ? I seem to recall something along those lines.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
lI'm pretty sure you can't pump your own gas in New Jersey either.

Wag more, bark less.

The freedoms we surrender today will be the freedoms our grandchildren will never know existed.

The men who wrote the Second Amendment didn't just finish a hunting trip, they just finished liberating a nation.
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by River_Ridge
lI'm pretty sure you can't pump your own gas in New Jersey either.

I'm pretty sure I can. Maybe I shouldn't, but I am certainly able.

prplbkrr = Purple Biker

Can't score goals if all you do is pass.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

525 members (10gaugeman, 204guy, 007FJ, 2500HD, 06hunter59, 1eyedmule, 47 invisible), 2,810 guests, and 1,254 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,597
Posts18,454,376
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.