Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
It seems their only purpose is to suppress individualism and freedom?
Do Organized Governments serve a purpose?

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not at this scale.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by jackmountain
It seems their only purpose is to suppress individualism and freedom?
Do Organized Governments serve a purpose?

Government isn't the problem, it is the filth that is attracted to the fold that is the issue.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The Bible has the system in general in the N.T. and much detail in the first 5 books.

Do you believe the Bible?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yes.

At the very least, they can organize to attempt to teach people how to use apostrophes.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
At some level all government is BS but small constitutional government is the lesser of all evils. Absent government is anarchy. Anarchy is nothing more than a power void and chaos between more stable forms of control likely tyranny. Our founders realized that a democracy was an unstable form of majority rules tyranny. The two wolves and a sheep voting on what’s for dinner line.

673 Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I wonder what genghis khan would say?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Some level of government is necessary to coordinate various things, such as a monetary system, for instance, in a multi-state country like ours, but we exceeded that level around 1861 & it's grown exponentially out of hand ever since to where we now exist simply to feed the monster that is the federal government.

MM

J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
The Bible has the system in general in the N.T. and much detail in the first 5 books.

Do you believe the Bible?

No

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 673

Yes

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Some level of government is necessary to coordinate various things, such as a monetary system, for instance, in a multi-state country like ours, but we exceeded that level around 1861 & it's grown exponentially out of hand ever since to where we now exist simply to feed the monster that is the federal government.

MM

Yep

J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by 673

No

673 Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I need somebody to sign my checks... man.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Stickfight
Originally Posted by 673

Yes

Genghis Khan was a warlord. That can work as can a great King. The problems crops up with a less than great one. Our systems fatal flaw was allowing to many people a vote and not realizing that they wouldn’t value our structure because they weren’t part of the bedrock that founded it.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Some government is necessary because otherwise nature would take it's course and the strongest would dominate everyone else and deprive them of their rights and property. The problem occurs when government becomes so big that it fills that same role, it basically becomes the neighborhood bully that deprives everyone of their rights and property. Our constitutional republic was designed to protect the rights of citizens but it's broken down and the constitution is pretty much ignored today. Now we're at the point where one faction can deprive the rest of their rights and property at a whim under the color of law.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Crow hunter
Some government is necessary because otherwise nature would take it's course and the strongest would dominate everyone else and deprive them of their rights and property. The problem occurs when government becomes so big that it fills that same role, it basically becomes the neighborhood bully that deprives everyone of their rights and property. Our constitutional republic was designed to protect the rights of citizens but it's broken down and the constitution is pretty much ignored today. Now we're at the point where one faction can deprive the rest of their rights and property at a whim under the color of law.

Well said

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
When I say the NT, I'm not talking about the three additional LDS books or masonic texts.
I'm talking about the book ending with the Revelation of Jesus Christ.

I could give you a month of Sundays on the topic and only scratch the surface. I'll highlight the very basics IF you want the Lord's view on how gts are SUPPOSED to function.

Firstly, Romans 13 gets a misunderstood bad wrap from those who hate the Bible and blame God for their own lack of responsibility. We know that dictators misuse Romans 13 like the devil misused the Scripture to try to pull a fast one over on Jesus His God.
Of course Jesus rebuked him with truth.
The key to understanding the one phase to obey the higher powers is verses 9-10

" Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law. For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself"

That's the way society is supposed to function according to the only good basis of civilization.
Now the following is how gtvs of God are ordained to be. Read carefully a few times.

"For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same: For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil."

There are laws of the revenger of blood for instance.
That would be the executioner of a murderer. Then there are cities of refuge. There are judges with a very basic judicial body that seeks God's Word rather than a whole major three story library full of books.

Speaking of judges, Jesus the Son of the Father rebuked the judges of Israel at the time. He rebuked many power factions.
Why?
They set aside His own Word for the commandments of men. They were bribed and would bribe others. Corruption abounded.. much like today.
The unjust people will judge the one and only just One when they shirk responsibility for their own sins.
They blame God rather than evil people in the world who rebel from Him. You've probably heard others blame God for the suffering of the innocent and why do good people suffer, and if there REALLY was a God who loved humanity, then WHY is the world so messed up??
These are misguided questions seeking no answer . They are like the inner city welfare community blaming crackers for keeping them down. They only need to look in a mirror and look unto the Savior.

God tells us the answers for those with ears to hear. My heart goes out to those who are harmed unjustly.
I realize that we are in an evil world filled with people who reject God's ways in order to establish their own.
God tells us to protect the weak and fatherless. He warns the judges to not rule in favor of the rich against the widows for bribes. There's a righteous plan that was rejected . Now mankind lives with the rotten fruits of his decisions until the Lord's return.....return of THE King. After He disposes of Satan's armies, He will establish His kingdom in pure righteousness, justice and truth.
Every one of us have failed.
God doesn't grade forgiveness on a bell curve.
He grades it on a cross.
We ALL failed. There's no make up exam.
What He offers now is forgiveness that He Himself made available by His torture and death for our crimes against Him. The eternal life can not be earned and it is not deserved. It must be received as the free gift that it is.

"For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."
Romans 6:23

"That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus. For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works lest any man should boast."

Ephesians 2

Grace is His offer of kindness regardless of our many sins. Faith in Christ alone is the only solution of salvation from hell. It's a gift already paid for. No works of any other man are acceptable

The rest is in one or both links below in the Sig.
Feel free to ask if you have any specific questions.
But take care of things now for you and yours. 👍
Have a great weekend.

Happy Camper

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
I agree with Crow Hunter, no government leaves a power vaccum and leads to tyranny. Limited constitutional government who's purpose is to defend individual liberty and allows the people to make change (elected congress) is a good thing. What we've fallen into for a long time where an elite minority pull the strings with the swipe of a pen or dollar also takes us down the road to tyranny which we are now under.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Sharpshooter97
I agree with Crow Hunter, no government leaves a power vaccum and leads to tyranny. Limited constitutional government who's purpose is to defend individual liberty and allows the people to make change (elected congress) is a good thing. What we've fallen into for a long time where an elite minority pull the strings with the swipe of a pen or dollar also takes us down the road to tyranny which we are now under.

Agreed and the way we’ve fallen for it is through enlarging the voting block. I’m not sure what the solution is for that. Offering more free stuff from money to votes sells. Our founders didn’t take that into account.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If you don't have a government, you soon will and you likely won't like it. That's what we're seeing now. The left is trying to dismantle our government and leave us without one. Then they make their move and we have THEIR version of government.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

113 members (338reddog, 4xbear, 673, 444Matt, 257robertsimp, 450yukon, 16 invisible), 1,678 guests, and 992 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,187
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.