Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Assuming you actually have had "dozens upon dozens" of a product with nary a defect, and somehow had the time to use each of them more than a little, your experience still does not relate. The only way you'd know if Dawn compromised Zeiss coatings is if you'd used it and had a problem. If you have not, then you're trying to make a false correlation between cleaning methods and coating integrity.

Living in a world of G17s and 700s, wishing for P7s and 202s
BP-B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by urbaneruralite
Assuming you actually have had "dozens upon dozens" of a product with nary a defect, and somehow had the time to use each of them more than a little, your experience still does not relate. The only way you'd know if Dawn compromised Zeiss coatings is if you'd used it and had a problem. If you have not, then you're trying to make a false correlation between cleaning methods and coating integrity.

"FALSE correlations"??? Are you kidding me? You are the only one here making false claims -- things you cannot substantiate at all. And yea, while I do not recommend it, I have used Dawn on a scope a few years ago. A member here advertised a Zeiss 2.5-10 in "as new" condition. When it arrived, I saw the most pitiful thing one could imagine. The lenses were so gunked over that I could not loosen the dirt and grime from that "as new" scope via my normal methods. So I ran it under warm water and made some progress and then used dish soap along with the warm water. It finally worked -- and I kept and that scope for several years without the slightest of hiccups.Despite all that grime, the lenses beneath it were actually pristine. But I just can't imagine someone having a nice scope in THAT sort of condition.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by BobbyTomek

"FALSE correlations"??? Are you kidding me? You are the only one here making false claims -- things you cannot substantiate at all. And yea, while I do not recommend it, I have used Dawn on a scope a few years ago. A member here advertised a Zeiss 2.5-10 in "as new" condition. When it arrived, I saw the most pitiful thing one could imagine. The lenses were so gunked over that I could not loosen the dirt and grime from that "as new" scope via my normal methods. So I ran it under warm water and made some progress and then used dish soap along with the warm water. It finally worked -- and I kept and that scope for several years without the slightest of hiccups.Despite all that grime, the lenses beneath it were actually pristine. But I just can't imagine someone having a nice scope in THAT sort of condition.

I know people that have used acetone to clean lenses. That is not something I would do but it did not harm the lense , I always run binos under tap water first and then clean them with alcohol .

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U

So Dawn works fine for cleaning Zeiss? Go fig'.

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
This is an amazing thread--well, not actually, since it's on the optics forum.

Aside from the other essential BS, nobody has so far identified exactly which "Conquest" models are being compared. Conquests been made/assembled in several places around the world, with parts (including lenses) made in at least three countries.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
This is an amazing thread--well, not actually, since it's on the optics forum.

Aside from the other essential BS, nobody has so far identified exactly which "Conquest" models are being compared. Conquests been made/assembled in several places around the world, with parts (including lenses) made in at least three countries.

OP said Zeiss Conquest 3-12x56 MC which would have been released in the early 2000's.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

No, that's email from Zeiss and they said that about specific product when I called to clarify.

Well, if it's not written, then it's not a warranty exclusion/inclusion. It's not exactly rocket science. And nowhere have you shown that Zeiss specified the use of Zeiss-only products in their e-mail to you or in their literature. The hole is getting deep, so maybe it's time for you to stop digging LOL. After all, everyone here except you have grasped -- and understood -- this.

I answered your query honestly, with pertinent facts. You want to play childish fanboy games. Next you'll ask for me to tap their phones or drag a Zeiss rep to your house and have them sign an affidavit. The fact is you are ignorant on this topic because you lack the direct experience to speak to it.

You appear comfortable in your little kool aid soaked world of self delusion. I will leave you to it and your scopes from a company which, when convenient, claims their coatings do not have integrity equal to a cheap pair of eyeglasses.

I read what you posted...there is something wrong with your comprehension.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Got a couple Conquest 3x9 a couple years ago ..wife's is om a 30/06,,,,, mine on a Model70 .300Win mag..Been to Africa twice with 0 problems plenty clear & adjust easy ..Love "em..

Last edited by ManyMoons; 06/19/21. Reason: miss print
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by JSTUART

No, that's email from Zeiss and they said that about specific product when I called to clarify.

Well, if it's not written, then it's not a warranty exclusion/inclusion. It's not exactly rocket science. And nowhere have you shown that Zeiss specified the use of Zeiss-only products in their e-mail to you or in their literature. The hole is getting deep, so maybe it's time for you to stop digging LOL. After all, everyone here except you have grasped -- and understood -- this.

I answered your query honestly, with pertinent facts. You want to play childish fanboy games. Next you'll ask for me to tap their phones or drag a Zeiss rep to your house and have them sign an affidavit. The fact is you are ignorant on this topic because you lack the direct experience to speak to it.

You appear comfortable in your little kool aid soaked world of self delusion. I will leave you to it and your scopes from a company which, when convenient, claims their coatings do not have integrity equal to a cheap pair of eyeglasses.

I read what you posted...there is something wrong with your comprehension.

We chased that one in enough circles 'til it went to ground already.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Live2hunt941
USA made conquest 3-12x56 mc vs German made diavari 3-12x56 T. Which one would you pic and why. I still there that much difference in the two. Not a ziess guy but looking at one of these before next deer season Any opinions or help is appreciated

Diavari were top of the line scopes with 30mm tube, best glass and coatings. Cost much more than Conquest which was a "budget" line for Zeiss. I have a couple of Diavari scopes, and they are great.

Last edited by mrmarklin; 06/21/21.
IC B3

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
162 members (35, 160user, 257 mag, 10Glocks, 2UP, 300_savage, 16 invisible), 1,848 guests, and 846 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,783
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.