Hop To
Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 12
Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
Originally Posted by wabigoon
July 21 now, bummer.

Dont hold your breath. The Yukon is about 75% vaccinated and we are having the largest outbreak since covid started. Makes no sense, and contradicts everything we were told, but thats where were at.

Im working right on the Alaska highway and talk to people from the lower 48 every day. For some, its an absolute nightmare getting across the border, for others, its no problem. One couple were refused entry at one crossing so they drove 100 miles west and had no problems. Even military people are having trouble. One young air force pilot I talked to said he has been in seven countries in the last few months and Canada was the hardest border for him to get across than any of the others. Been hearing bad things about our customs officers too. Seems they have lost the welcoming Canadian spirit.

GB1

G
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
G
I think you can probably still fly in if you are coming from India or Britain. Of course, visitors from Wuhan are always welcome. Here, we are kept safe from those disease-ridden Eureka, Montana residents though. I can probably fly to Mumbai and back with no issues but can't drive down to the grocery store in Eureka. By the way, the income at that store is probably down at least 65% or more.
In Cranbrook, they are experiencing a wave of cases; 19 at last count. Fernie has 2. I won't be back in town for at least a week so I should be OK; even without a vaccination! GD

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
Nice of Health Canada to keep you good Canucks safe from all us double vaccinated Typhoid Marys down here.(Sarcastic). crazy

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
L
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
L
One of the pearls of wisdom Trudeau spouted was " Just because the person has all their vaccination it wouldn't be fair to the people who don't"

Ontario - still planning to vote this piece of crap in again ?

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Lorne
...Ontario - still planning to vote this piece of crap in again ?

Of course. laugh

Let me remind you that 50% of Ontario's population lives in the GTA. Almost 19% of the entire country lives in the GTA. That small plot of land. But it's a powerful voting block for politicians. Why is it that they spend so much time campaigning in Toronto as opposed to Regina?

Talk is that the mayor of Toronto plans to annex Manitoba and Saskatchewan for immigrant "Lebensraum". laugh

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
IC B2

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
Not sure how true it is but an outfitter friend just told me he heard that they are going to announce a date on the border opening on Monday.

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
Let me get this straight.

Yankees that own a place, pay taxes, spend money in Canada are not welcome, but vaccinated poverty stricken illegals from South America are welcome?
crazy

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Yankees that own a place, pay taxes, spend money in Canada are not welcome, but vaccinated poverty stricken illegals from South America are welcome?
crazy

Sounds a lot like Biden’s Border “Policy”
Except wetbacks don’t have to be vaccinated. For ANYTHING

Last edited by chlinstructor; 06/18/21.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
I meant, un, vaccinated illegals.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Well Richard, if it makes you feel any better, Americans, vaccinated or not, are illegals up here at present. 😄

People who were vaccinated with AZ may be persona non grata in the US. That makes Euros, Asians and Canuckians illegals in the US. 😄

The brouhaha has just about run its course however.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
IC B3

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
Thanks Steve.

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y

crazy

Not only are they welcome, they get preferential treatment.

G
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
G
My son has lived in Canada for all but eight months of his 49 years; having immigrated with my wife when I moved back up. When the government came up with the idea for the "Permanent Resident" card, he decided he should get one so he went in to apply. He was told it would take something like 280 business days to process. He asked how long it would take if he had just come in on a boat and was told, "usually about 4 weeks". I strongly suspect that race and national origin has something to do with it. As a white man of American birth, he's pretty low on the scale. GD

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
Originally Posted by greydog
My son has lived in Canada for all but eight months of his 49 years; having immigrated with my wife when I moved back up. When the government came up with the idea for the "Permanent Resident" card, he decided he should get one so he went in to apply. He was told it would take something like 280 business days to process. He asked how long it would take if he had just come in on a boat and was told, "usually about 4 weeks". I strongly suspect that race and national origin has something to do with it. As a white man of American birth, he's pretty low on the scale. GD

Im in exactly the same position. The PR cards also have to be renewed every 5-years. Its a real pain in the behind.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Trudeau mentioned 75% and 20%. For a Canadian to return, they are talking about fully vaccinated to avoid the quarantine . The provinces will have to issue the certificates. I don't see a great push from the provinces.

You can hunt longer with wind at your back
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Downwind -- I am not confident on the 75 / 25 as the goal post continue to change. I listened to the Clown this morning saying keeping the border closed was need to keep out the Delta variant. This week one of his recent statements, when asked why the border could not be opened to Canadians that had two shots.

"It would not be fair to those that have not been fully vaccinated"

I think the idiocy from Ottawa will continue into the fall when Sock's handlers will come up with some type of look he is a hero scheme for a border opening announcement.

Hugh
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The English have found the Delta variant first found in India to be twice as contagious as the original virus. More deadly too, they are finding a hospitalization rate of 12% , about 1 in 8, compared to their home grown Kent variant of 6%..The Delta variant is their main virus now. The [bleep] thing is , one dose is only 30% effective against it. It needs two doses of a mRNA vaccine to reach into the 80s.

Greydog, from the number of immigration consulting offices in my town, I think it just might be the system. BTW the Chinese have been in BC as long as Americans, they both came for the gold rush.

You can hunt longer with wind at your back
Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
" Variants," is going to become a common term Im afraid. Two things are making it harder and harder for the Canadian masters to brush under the rug. #1 is the jurisdictions that lifted the lockdowns and mask mandates many months ago. Texas, and Florida are two that did it early on. Their economy is recovering, and people are not dying in the streets. Alaska is another example that I am very familiar with.

#2 is the prophylactic use of ivermectin and HQ, as well as vitamin D. Even Canadian doctors are now coming forward and asking questions. I dont see how the governments will skate on this long term. The word is getting out. The decision to censor this information has cost thousands of lives, there is literally no question about that now. Anyone who has not watched this video needs too.

https://www.cpac.ca/en/programs/covid-19-canada-responds/episodes/66396178/

G
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
G
Keeping the delta variant out is accomplished by keeping the border closed? This must be to save us from all those carriers in Montana. Flying in from India should be fine though. Our responses and the explanations for them are ludicrous. Twisted logic is the order of the day. GD

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
I think this doctor has it figured out. One things for sure, no one can say he doesnt have the credentials.

https://rumble.com/vhp8e1-massive-world-renowned-doctor-blows-lid-off-of-covid-vaccine.html

Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

317 members (204guy, 10gaugemag, 1_deuce, 264mag, 219DW, 17CalFan, 39 invisible), 2,173 guests, and 1,164 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,144
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.