Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
I posted about this show a couple of years ago and season 2 is just now on Netflix. Great show with zombies but more of a SHTF kinda deal, no cheesy walking dead type stuff. Start from the beginning with season 1 if you like these kinda shows.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Enjoyed the first season but having a real hard time with it this season. The totally non-linear story telling and abruptly jumping around to different people and situations is tough to follow; and since it's been so long since the first season I've forgotten who most of the various characters are.

The cinematography is very good, I'll give it that, and really portrays the tenseness and danger but the director has tried to duplicate a graphic novel 100% and that's not translating well at all. In the graphic novels there will be entire pages of nothing but panels with no dialogue and that's just not working here.

People, the characters, are the reason we like movies, books and TV shows and so far there is almost no character development except that everybody has turned into savage, remorseless killers with no regard for other humans at all. I'm really not giving a flying leap who lives or who dies since I don't know them, they're all like disposable NPC's in a video game. Spoiler - the woman pleads pitifully to get into that guy's car and then his kindness is rewarded with a bullet to the head? The whole tone of the show is like that with these kinds of things repeated over and over - someone's kindness and humanity is rewarded by deceit and death - and it's getting really bleak to watch.

I'll keep at it in hopes that it gets better, maybe I need to just stop and watch the first season again to get caught up so I'll be more familiar with everybody.

Spoiler again - one minor bone to pick and this is the one big thing I disliked so much about The Walking Dead - tactically these people are f*cking idiots! The first "ambush" in the woods? Ambush? They walk up on a group of other guys, everyone is out in the open, everyone on both sides is heavily armed, and the "ambush" starts with one of the attackers surprising but not shooting one of the the ambushees so everybody starts shooting at everybody all together? And then with some rare exceptions no one is taking cover, everyone is just running around in the open shooting at each other.

There's no killing zone, no hammer/anvil blocking of retreat, just "hey, let's kinda sorta sneak up on these other guys who are scattered about and that'll really work!" That kind of thing might work for a frontal assault by a numerically superior force after establishing fire superiority but in this situation they're just f*cking stupid!

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

620 members (007FJ, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 1OntarioJim, 1234, 12344mag, 68 invisible), 2,294 guests, and 1,144 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,735
Posts18,457,589
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.