Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I sure hope others Nephews survive their crashes with saline and blood expanders!

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

GB1

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I took Avadart for a few years, don’t think they will let me donate.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
The cost of blood is incredible as the testing is extremely expensive.

RBC’s, platelets, and other components are regulated by the FDA among other agencies. The documentation is extensive and rightfully so.

I’m pretty sure anyone whos in the position to receive blood based components would appreciate the extent of the regulations that go into safely collecting, transporting, and the testing of the products.

They charge what’s they charge mostly because they have to. You won’t find a blood bank CEO rolling in the cash. The one I can personally vouch for was in the negative constantly, but because it was tied to a university/medical school, their believe was that although it wasn’t profitable, if that’s what it took in order to ensure the best blood products were available- that’s a cost they were willing to endure. (Also heavy on the research)

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
They won't let me give any blood because i don't have any to spare.

If i could just get this body to make some faster one day maybe. wink

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

NRA Endowment Member

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I donate therapeutically every 5 weeks to keep my iron level under control. One of the “benefits” of hemochromatosis I guess……….

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by badger
I donate therapeutically every 5 weeks to keep my iron level under control. One of the “benefits” of hemochromatosis I guess……….

I've heard people say get the lead out!! But Iron works... laugh I knew from when I had FB you were a regular and I commend you for it..

NRA Endowment Member

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I am an O person myself, and even though I was traumatized with Blood draws as a child I'd give today if I could select who could or couldn't receive it. I'm not giving Blood to the Enemies of America, which is where a lot of the blood seems to be diverted to.

"Social order at the expense of Liberty is hardly a bargain” de Sade
"He who'll not reason is a Bigot, he who cannot is a Fool, and he who dares not is a Slave."SirWilliamDrummond
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I donate as often as I can. Being O negative negative makes me a marked man. I figure it’s my civic duty. Wish more people would do it. Dave

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I believe in donating blood but I'm really sick and tired of what a rip off the American medical system is. Costs are highly exaggerated and inflated to the point of being otherworldly. Medicine in other nations is a fraction of the cost here. The quality of care constantly goes down and we keep paying more.

It's interesting to me that doctors from America can charter a large boat or plane and travel to Dark Africa to surgically help kids with cleft pallets and facial disorders. The supplies, image equipment, and procedures are cheap yet in America any stitch or common xray is priced entirely too high. I don't see why.

IC B3

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by wabigoon
A false positive Hepitious C took me off the Red Cross list.
I was over five gallons at that time.

This happened to my wife. The blood bank employee accused her of sleeping around. She responded with some choice words NOT learned in Sunday School.

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
AB+, not sure they want it too bad. Only gave once, they didn't want it when I was in boot camp. Ex-wife had a tubal pregnancy before we were married. She got a transfusion, she got hep c that showed up years after we were divorced. Glad she made it. $3800 still seems like a rip off, I bet it doesn't cost near that to test and process.

Last edited by Szumi; 06/19/21.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

98 members (10Glocks, 808outdoors, Akhutr, 21, Algotguns, 1973cb450, 10 invisible), 1,491 guests, and 703 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,280
Posts18,467,678
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.