Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
not me but a guy i know (really) that was helping his BIL shuffle stuff around between some buildings on his farm. this guy is a good dude but not too bright. they were moving a fridge and for whatever reason decided he needed to stand in the bed of the truck and hold the fridge upright. his BIL drove under a low carport and peeled him out of the back of the truck. fugged him up good. broken back, etc. he ended up suing the schit out of BIL. probably made for some uncomfortable holiday get-togethers after that.

My diploma is a DD214
BP-B2

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Remember the titanium bats from the 90’s that were the hot ticket for men’s league softball for about 10 minutes before they banned them? Something about the ball coming off the bat so hard it was like a grapefruit shot out of a cannon that might hurt someone if they were in the way.

My old man played men’s league when I was a sprout and they pooled their money and bought one of those bats. It was pretty badass I guess but made a distinctive sound when you got ahold of one. Nothing a hole drilled in the knob and a shot of spray foam wouldn’t cure.

Me and my baby Sis were playing ball in the yard and I wanted to hit. I’d been pitching to her all afternoon. So I get “The” bat out of dad’s bag because I’m going to bomb one out into the neighbor’s yard. But she can’t get it over the plate, “move up so you can get it here in the air” and she scootches up a little. Still in the dirt, “ scoot closer so you can get it over the plate”, and so on for about 4 pitches until she’s about 20’ away. Sure enough she lobs one in and I get all of it, line drive like a frozen rope, right into her right eye socket. I swear her feet came off the ground and her head hit the deck before the rest of her. Knocked her cold.

I ran in hollering, certain I’d killed her. Told dad, “come out Sis got hit”, he says “by a car?” I explain as we head for the yard. She was coming around as we got out there, covered in blood and already starting to swell up. They hauled her to the hospital, chewed my ass until we got to my grandparents’ place where I was kicked out at the curb with a rain check for an ass whoopin.

Miraculously she didn’t have a completely crushed face or any eye damage but she looked like Quasimodo for a couple weeks.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
Originally Posted by Beaver10
I can’t top that...

Anybody got a better Redneck house repair story than Slum’s ?.....Anybody?....Bueller?

LOL

🦫

Buddy of mines kid in his early 20’s working as a roofer. Steep roof he was on so he tied a rope to his car or truck on the opposite side he was working on. Good thinking. Left keys in vehicle. Bad thinking.

Coworker hopped in his vehicle to go to town. Pulled the kid up over & off the roof. Messed the kid up bad. His dad spent a year or so getting him nursed back to some form of independence.

Getting turned into a kite off a house, is a fairly common in the world of diy and chuck with a truck construction companies.

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Kid, I played competitive fast pitch softball for several years...When titanium bats hit the market, some jumped at the chance to own their very own rocket launcher.

I played first base. Didn’t take but a couple of games to realize how dangerous those bats were going to be.

Playing in tight in a bunting situations, then having a melon sized bullet ripped at you, made the game very sporty.

Demarini, made a cool bat. Home runs just jumped off those sticks.

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
717 members (11point, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 160user, 117LBS, 92 invisible), 2,739 guests, and 1,306 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,695
Posts18,399,872
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.