Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
L
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
Have any of you used/tested one of these?

Saw one at the range today. Pretty neat.

Lefty

GB1

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
i have the red precision Ruger rifle in a 6.5 Creedmoor shoots a 5 shot 1/2 inch groups at 100 yards ,i had to lighten trigger some, the back/bottom of stock i removed the picatinny piece and replaced it with a craved wood piece painted smooth so rifle slides better / easier in back rest bag. yes this manufactured Ruger precision rifle does shoot well. but i also have a custom Bat action with a Brux barrel 6.5 Creedmoor rifle ,Jewell 4 oz. trigger and all the extras this rifle shoots 2`s and 3`s all day at 100 yards . the Precision Ruger is a great rifle but my bench rifle does shoot better always, but my bench rifle cost almost 3 times the price too. some day i plan on putting a Brux target barrel chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor on the Ruger Precision rifle,then this rifle will then probably produce 3/8 groups ? ,gains in accuracy is not as much but it does cost much more too. i also like how the stock moves out of the way when i finally do clean the barrel on the Ruger precision rifle ,also glad i purchased this red rifle, its a fun rifle to use !

Last edited by pete53; 05/15/21.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
L
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
Pete,

Thanks for the info. I have retired from BR shooting and just looking for an accurate fun gun.

I can sit on my deck and blast rocks out to 1000yds or so.

Are you shooting off bags or a bipod.

Lefty

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I've only got one RPR(Gen2 Seex Kreedmire) and think rather highly of it,as the Mechanics are both WELL thought out and executed. Hint.

Drop the trigger blade,toss good rings/glass aboard and feeding it good ammo(Alpha brass,'17 and 105/8 Hornie's)...it'll happily stay in the .4's. The 7" RPM grants opportunity,whether it fending atmospheric pressure,temps or increasing BC. Hint.

There's enough mass,that recoil is exceptionally modest,with the Loudener removed and tossed offa' fhuqking cliff. Depending upon projectile selection,the MagPul AICS boxes do nice thangs,but it's hardly "daunting" to swap to steel in order to arrange increased BC Smooches. Feed/function like all things AICS DBM fueled,is simply fhuqking exceptional. For the jingle,the stock will contort nicely,to fit most. Caught mine on a Sale and it was sub 800 Clams and I can't think of anything else in a like realm,for like loot. Have (4) other rifles so chambered (1) OEM and (3) Custom and find the chambering as a whole,rather forgiving. Hint.

The sole critique would be to offer same in S/S,reintroduce the 223 offering,keep it 7" RPM and have it wearing a Wylde chamber for Utility. Hint.....................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've got one. Gen I, 243. Great in theory. Not so great in some areas of the execution. The bad for me; The stock adjustments are kludgy, the cycling is not especially smooth (maybe I need more time on the rifle). The good: Relatively easy barrel changes. Decent aftermarket support there too now. Good accuracy. Folding stock allows for easier transport. I was hoping for a budget Tube gun. I guess I got that budget part with a few nice touches.

IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I had one in 6CM. I don't remember the Gen. It was VERY accurate with the factory eldm ammo. I shot a 20 round group from 300 yards with it that I couldn't believe. They aren't my cup of tea but from my experience if you want something to sit and blast with it would be really hard to beat.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
I have a box stock Gen 1 in 6.5CM. There's a whole lotta rounds down the tube and I've yet to see the need to update handload seating depths for throat wear.

You've got the right idea for use. It's not exactly intended as a walking around varminter rifle. Tad on the heavy side for that.

It's you and the bullet, and all the rest is secondary.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
lc, the rpr will be a good fit for what you want it for. I got an early one, the first creed that Whittakers got in the store. I shot it out and decided to sell, rather than rebarrel. But for a glorified ruger american, they is shooters....

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I have one in 6 CM. I have done extensive load development and it shoots 1/4 moa at 400 yards. I use it for local PRS matches and do very well with it. It’s topped with a Razor HD 4.5x27x56
It’s about due for a new barrel.
Very nice shooting rifles for the money.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by leftycarbon
Pete,

Thanks for the info. I have retired from BR shooting and just looking for an accurate fun gun.

I can sit on my deck and blast rocks out to 1000yds or so.

Are you shooting off bags or a bipod.

Lefty

>>i was using the best benchrest equipment front and back off a cement bench , but a bi-pod would work just fine too with a bag in the back. the picatinny piece on the bottom of the back stock needs to replaced with a smooth piece. i need to get a machined smooth piece yet.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I had one in 6 Creed. Most accurate rifle I’ve seen with factory ammo.

Was just a range toy for me, and I never keep those too long.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If their rimfire is any indication of what their cf will do...They shoot.

I have an RPR in 17 HMR. It prints as good as my Cooper and Clark’s Custom rim rigs.

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
I had one in 6 creedmoor (it was JCMCUBIC's hand me down)

It was shockingly accurate and fun to shoot prone and from the bench but too heavy to be anything but a range toy.

If you don't plan to carry it around they are a lot of fun

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Two years ago they were on sale for $749 at a local shop. I wasn't really looking for a new rifle, but for that price... Walked out of there with the 6mm Creed RPR, a couple of boxes of Hornady ammo, dies, brass, and a box of Hornady 108's. Had a 6-24 Vortex sitting in rings at home, waiting for a rifle... It's turned out to be a good combo.

Like the other fellows have stated, it's accurate & easy to shoot. And awfully heavy! LOL!

I enjoy it, just a range toy for me so far, but someday I'll take it varmint shooting.

Regards, Guy

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
I have one of the Gen 1 guns in 6.5 creedmoor. I actually bought it to rebarrel with a proof. It shot so damn good I didn’t change anything. It shoots tiny bug holes with factory and reloads. Very nice rifle for the money.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

484 members (222Sako, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 1_deuce, 1lesfox, 10ring1, 40 invisible), 1,801 guests, and 1,040 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,179
Posts18,465,604
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.