Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Struck out on buck antelope again. But we put in for doe/fawn tags and were successful. Should be fun to take my two oldest kids on their first out of state hunt.

GB1

E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
Got an antelope buck and deer buck tag in my backyard. No quota unit elk tag.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
deer tag. no antelope or elk

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Nothing much...2 cow tags, additional buck whitetail, pronghorn buck, general elk, general deer, and 2 doe pronghorn tags. Pick up bear, wolf, and lion tags too. Won't bother with the 2 doe pronghorn tags...will apply for another buck pronghorn and 2 more doe tags in the leftover draw. My family drew a bunch more too including 2 great pronghorn tags and a great bull permit too.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I really didn't want to go hunting this year. I applied for the hardest to draw units for Antelope, Deer and Elk. I drew a premium Red Desert antelope tag last year and couldn't use it because of 2 back surgeries I had. I donated the tag to a G&F program for disabled/wounded Veterans so someone deserving got to use it.
The results were out at 10:00 this morning. The wife asked me if I checked the results at 8:30 tonight, I said what for.
I checked anyway, Antelope & Deer were unsuccessful but Elk was SUCCESSFUL! Area # 100 type 1 (any elk) a premium and seemingly impossible tag to draw. I get to hunt Bull Elk in the Red Desert. I can't wait.

IC B2

805 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by shootbrownelk
I really didn't want to go hunting this year. I applied for the hardest to draw units for Antelope, Deer and Elk. I drew a premium Red Desert antelope tag last year and couldn't use it because of 2 back surgeries I had. I donated the tag to a G&F program for disabled/wounded Veterans so someone deserving got to use it.
The results were out at 10:00 this morning. The wife asked me if I checked the results at 8:30 tonight, I said what for.
I checked anyway, Antelope & Deer were unsuccessful but Elk was SUCCESSFUL! Area # 100 type 1 (any elk) a premium and seemingly impossible tag to draw. I get to hunt Bull Elk in the Red Desert. I can't wait.

Congrats on the awesome tag! Will you be hunting archery season or just rifle?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Nothing for me so I put in for Utah antlerless tags. Been awhile since we were all skunked in the draw. Also had one or two more deer points than I thought I needed to draw the buck tag I was eyeballing. Oh well, got enough options at this point to still have an interesting fall, but Colorado will be much tougher to get quality reissued tags that we had done well on in the past.

"For some unfortunates, poisoned by city sidewalks ... the horn of the hunter never winds at all" Robert Ruark, The Horn of the Hunter

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Got an antelope doe tag. Its a fun hunt to take my son on. Building points for a buck. I'm sitting on a pile of deer and elk points...although I'm not sure there are deer in wyoming anymore...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Daughter #1, two son-in-laws and I all busted. No antelope hunt this year.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
All you people who were successful, congratulations!
This is the first year in 20 years we didn’t apply! The rancher closed up down for a year. Maybe next year!

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
IC B3

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Unsuccessful across the board.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by BuzzH
Nothing much...2 cow tags, additional buck whitetail, pronghorn buck, general elk, general deer, and 2 doe pronghorn tags. Pick up bear, wolf, and lion tags too. Won't bother with the 2 doe pronghorn tags...will apply for another buck pronghorn and 2 more doe tags in the leftover draw. My family drew a bunch more too including 2 great pronghorn tags and a great bull permit too.

BHA is at it again I see.supporting left wing anti hunting ecoterrorists

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-blm-nominee-eco-terrorism-tree-spiking

https://missoulian.com/news/state-a...7b8652d-8a13-5ec2-b8ff-55cf8096496f.html

Last edited by ribka; 06/20/21.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Wife and I each drew 1 any sex antelope and 1 doe/fawn antelope.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Second choice antelope and a sandhill crane tag for me.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by 805

Just rifle...I'm old.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
A few years ago I was in the red desert calling coyotes and I kept hearing an elk bugle. Sure enough there was a bull working a small PJ ridge bugling his head off. I saw tracks etc, but never did see him. It was in a really odd place to run into an elk I thought. Never saw an elk there prior, or even a deer for that matter. Just antelope and coyotes.

805 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 805

Just rifle...I'm old.

You will have a blast! Great tag and good luck. Be sure to post some photos of the hunt.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
1 buck Antelope and 2 doe antelope
1 Buck white tail. No doe, but I may get a left-over for a friends farm if there are any left.
1 Elk

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Antelope deer and elk for me.

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

LUCKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

189 members (338reddog, 35, 300jimmy, 12344mag, 2UP, 007FJ, 19 invisible), 1,545 guests, and 911 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,600
Posts18,454,584
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.