Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
I bought a muzzle loader and when it arrived both sights were broken.I emailed the seller twice before he answered.He said it must have been broken in shipping ---DUH--- and replacement sights are cheap.It was shipped in one of those foam sleeves in a box with no other packing.The seller seems pretty un-concerned about my feedback--he said just do what you think is right.What do you all think he deserves?

BP-B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have never used Gunbroker and no plans to start,few times i visited their site i don't like it.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I’d give him a low rating with a good explanation. Sounds like it was not packed well. That’s on him.

NRA Patron
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Tell it just like you did here.

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by dale06
I’d give him a low rating with a good explanation. Sounds like it was not packed well. That’s on him.

That, he is chickencshit for not making it good

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by savage2400
Replacement sights are cheap.

Since they are so cheap he shouldn't mind buying them to make it right. Cheap is relative. It is cheap to him if he is using your money. Might not be as cheap if he has to pay for them.

Jim

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Send it back.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
no I'll keep it but thanks for the replies---I didnt want to shaft the guy if he didn't deserve it and yes the packing was sub standard--flimsy neoprene sleeves with nothing else in the box is stupid

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I don’t know what it is about ‘gun people’ selling items and shipping via these parcel services.

Would think that ‘gun people’ had more common sense about the pitfalls of packages.

My daughter bought a guitar from a fellow teenage girl 3 states away last week. That girl was able to pack it and box in a plain cardboard box and it made it perfectly. Well packed and cushioned, no dead space.

Based off reading what happens often as reported here, I expected that git-tar to be in several pieces. Nope, it wasn’t.

So apparently the 70 year old fatfouck Gunswizards can’t handle such mundane tasks.

It’s like “Are you a high school dropout between the ages of 14 and 84? Then become a gunsmith or gunshop pro” Special classes for slow learners. lol

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Was it shipped in the factory packaging or was it the seller's packaging?

If the former it mitigates the seller's negligence but in either case he is still responsible to file a claim with the shipper and if he won't do that then he is absolutely failing you.

If he won't make it right or even lift a finger to make it right, then you should say that honestly in the feedback - "the sights were broken in shipping and the seller isn't lifting a finger to file a claim with the shipper, which is his duty." You only have something like 240 characters to say it so choose the words efficiently.

Don't even mention the packaging, that just introduces a point he can argue about. Sights were broken in shipping, seller has to file the claim, not the buyer, seller won't do it. End of story.

Whatever feedback you give, expect to get something equal in return. If that is the factory packaging expect to get bad feedback that the buyer is blaming the seller for something not under his control. The gunbroker feedback system sucks but so do most feedback systems - that's due to the nature of limited communication before a public audience. Basically it holds each person hostage to the other for poor feedback and whoever posts it first loses.

Sounds to me like you're not going to get new sights through any channels gunbroker offers, so here are two possible courses of action.

1. Buy new sights, forgive him and accept any karmic reward the universe offers you

2. Buy new sights and dox him here. Publish his business (not personal) name, address and phone number. There are plenty of folks here who would get a big kick out of letting him know they'll never deal with him due to the poor way he's treated you and at least as many who would harass him just for the fun of harassing someone. Let karma figure out what it wants to do.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
IC B3

S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
Jim thanks --I like option #1

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Savage2400: I have never personally used "gunbreaker" and never plan to start!
I have WAY to many friends, acquaintances and gun trading buddies who have WAY to many "horror" stories regarding all manner of troubles when dealing through "gunbreaker"!
I have bought over a dozen guns off of this site but take extra caution when doing so.
I much prefer to buy my guns F.T.F. at gunshows, gunshops, chain sporting goods stores and from friends - and have been doing so for the last half century plus now (57 years to be exact!).
Still waiting for "my" first surprise from such transactions!
Sorry for your unhappiness but it is just another in an incredibly long line of gunbreaker disappointments.
Live and learn is certainly apropos in this instance.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Buying sight unseen online is a crap shoot...
Especially Auction type sites.

Have bought 1 gun online.

My Savage 220 from grab a gun.
I would be willing to buy from other major websites for certain guns.

But sites like gunbroker are iffy.
Always hearing stories on here.

Have done several buys off TN armslist FTF.
Most recent one yesterday.

If they post a Ph # at least you can call and get some sort of "feel" from the person.
Always do deals in a public area.

Alot of it is not being aloof as f u c k to scams when reading ads also.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Seller clearly acknowledged sights were damaged in shipping, so it's 100% on him.

Get Gunbroker involved. Find out price of equivalent sights and ask Gunbroker to 1) refund you the amount replacement sights would cost, 2) refund your the price of the sight (and subsequently reduce the amount paid to seller) or 3) have Gunbroker cover return shipping (which reputable sellers do as part of their contract with GB). Although not GB, I had similar with crossbow purchase on eBay and got them involved; matter resolved in week and eBay actually refunded me $169 (of a $450 purchase) because seller acknowledged issue with scope (similar to your guy admitting poor packaging).

Unethical sellers need to get stung HARD financially, else they continue their crappy practices and give GB a bad name.

Full disclosure: I've bought several firearms using Gunbroker and have had zero issues with sellers or items received.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by dale06

This

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
He's willing to pay for a lesson on poor packing by taking a poor rating. So don't let him down.

I ship guns in a hard plastic case when I sell on there. I state so in the description.

Living in a world of G17s and 700s, wishing for P7s and 202s
D
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
D
If he’s not willing to make it right he’s asking for a poor rating.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
He was asking for a problem when he didn't pack the rifle correctly and when he refused to take responsibility for the damage the rifle received in shipment. Give it to him.

I've only had one transaction that involved a damaged rifle. The dealer that shipped it, packed it very well, but the shipper evidently ran a truck over the box and broke the stock at the grip. The dealer could not have handled the situation better. He gave me several choices on how we would handle the broken stock and let me pick. The option I ended up taking was he gave me a generous refund on part of the purchase price and let me get it fixed. He would have taken it back and given me a full refund If I had chosen that option. There are good dealers out there and from what I've heard, and seen first hand, most are good to deal with.

Harry
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
+1

It aggravates the snot out of me. Even some auction companies who regularly ship firearms will send a gun poorly packed. They think insurance will cover it. Not necessarily. How does insurance replace a gun part which is out of production? I have a cautionary statement which is attached to every invoice regarding packaging.

I recently sent back an H&K 770 from a GB pawn broker- broken butt stock. Entire refund of $740 was due. How did it make sense to scrimp on packaging?

"I didn't realize we had so many snipers in this country." by J23

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
675 members (1Akshooter, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 76 invisible), 2,921 guests, and 1,420 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,670
Posts18,399,478
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.