I tried. Starts with D. Rhymes with ildo max

Last edited by Jeffrey; 06/18/21.
GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by EdM
About the last thing I consider when buying a truck is how it looks.

yep reliability is number 1. Putting turbos on is not a good idea. The 5.7 is a great reliable engine despite the low gas milage .

look at resale values for used trucks to learn the real truth

Japanese scopes great, vehicles are bad!!!

Mexican and Chinese scopes and trucks super good!!!

Last edited by ribka; 06/18/21.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by JPro
I love all the nicknames that come along:

Toyota Blundra
Eco-Boast V-6
PowerJoke diesel
Hemi-roid V8

I need a name for the duramax my neighbor has. He calls my F250 diesel a “powersmoke”.

Any help? 😁

Chev Dirty max
Ram Scumings
Ford Powersmoke
GMC Gay Man's Chevy

I hope the new Toyota is nice because they will probably be making them the same for 15 years. Probably have cheap Toyota plastic interior and cheap foam in the seats but it should be reliable. We just got rid of a sienna we had for 7 years and it was a good rig but we had extra pads we put on the seats. We don't need them in the new pacifica, the seats and interior in the pacifica are much nicer. We'll see if it lasts.

I used to always buy chevy trucks. The current gen is not comfortable to me so in 2019 I bought the new style 1500 ram. I was very reluctant to go ram. Someone just offered me $10,000 more for my 2019 ram than I paid new. I'll probably sell it and order a new F150. I've never had a Ford truck but the new hybrid F150 with the 7.2 kwatt generator is what I'll likely order. Either that or another ram with the gen 3 ecodiesel.

Bb

Last edited by Burleyboy; 06/18/21.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by dale06
I suspect all the make shave good ones and lemons. Im on my fifth Silverado. I buy new, and trade at 80-100,000 miles. I’ve had virtually zero issues with them.

Sounds expensive.

Sean
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
GM gooberment Motors

IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by walt501
Click Here

Well let's see, Yoda copies Ford's twin turbo V6 engine, 10 speed auto transmission, and now they've copied Ford's styling as well. Oh what a feeling.

doesn't look like a Ford F 150 to me... but then I really don't pay attention to Fords these days...

I haven't been a Ford Fan at all since I had the only Ford Truck I've ever bought....an 86 4WD F 150, with the 4 speed manual, with the 1st gear granny gooseneck shift....and a good old 300 Straight 6.....bought that one off of Superior Ford on Bass Lk Rd and Co Rd 18, $250 over dealer invoice.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by SeanD
I suspect all the make shave good ones and lemons. Im on my fifth Silverado. I buy new, and trade at 80-100,000 miles. I’ve had virtually zero issues with them.

Sounds expensive.

Yes, it’s not the economically smart way to operate a pick up. I do quite a bit of long distance driving on hunting trips and other ventures. Complete reliability and comfort are mandatory.

NRA Patron
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Don't be so dam sensible.

Every fanboy filters everything through his preferences.

I really dislike Ford, and Toyota.
Mostly due to obnoxious fanboys.

We have a Chevy, 2 Dodges and a Ford right now.
Used to own some Subarus.
Cars are a PITA, and if you keep them past 100k you will
fix stuff.

Thing is, a door wInder, CV joint, tie tod end, strut..
replaced on the favored brand is,
"Normal wear."

Now if your buddies XXXX needs it.
"What a POS!"

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Interesting, and butt ugly, look.

Why, in this day and age when the majority of over the road tractor rigs are doing all they can to streamline and get better aerodynamics are the pickup truck makers coming out with grills that look like a sheet of plywood with honeycomb holes cut in them?

Why not a grill and hood line more like this on a modern vehicle?

[Linked Image from img.hmn.com]

I like the hood/grill on my '01 Tacoma. I absolutely abhor the looks of the new models. I haven't driven one yet, but I can't imagine front corner visibility in these newer trucks is good by any measure.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
My 1998 chevy 1500 club cab has 330,000 on it and in the 23 years I have had it I have put about 2200 bucks in repairs in it. That is pretty dependable I reckon.
Might have something to do with the original owner. That guy never washes the dang thing.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ribka
Originally Posted by EdM

Where is some good data on resale?

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Originally Posted by Ben_Lurkin
The mining company I worked for had all kinds of pickups at various locations. Fords & Chevys held up pretty well. Maybe a slight nod to the Fords. Dodge does ok you have to keep the trans & transfer case cleaned off. Let mud build up on em and the bastards won’t shift. Toyota? Pieces of [bleep] in a harsh working environment. Tailgates fold in half if you put any weight on em. They’re called grocery getters for a reason.

I was on a job in the western mountains of Maine and some moron gave us a fleet of tundra's to work out of we ate the transfer cases,differentials and water pumps right out of them.A few of them needed new frame as they cracked and rusted.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
The mining company I worked for had all kinds of pickups at various locations. Fords & Chevys held up pretty well. Maybe a slight nod to the Fords. Dodge does ok you have to keep the trans & transfer case cleaned off. Let mud build up on em and the bastards won’t shift. Toyota? Pieces of [bleep] in a harsh working environment. Tailgates fold in half if you put any weight on em. They’re called grocery getters for a reason.

I've worked for two mining companies. One ran Fords and latter Chevrolets. Both were equal junk. The second and latest ran Chevrolets mostly, but had a few Toyota Tacomas. The tacomas were never in the shop.
Walt is a brand loyal retard.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
My leupold works fine! You guys just need to be real hunters and get closer.

Sorry. Wrong thread.

Toyota for the win. You guys just need to be real users of trucks.

That’s better.

“Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.”
― Ernest Hemingway
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by BWalker

I've worked for two mining companies. One ran Fords and latter Chevrolets. Both were equal junk. The second and latest ran Chevrolets mostly, but had a few Toyota Tacomas. The tacomas were never in the shop.
Walt is a brand loyal retard.

Tacoma's are cute grocery getters, not really big enough for a full grown man and certainly no place on a jobsite. Maybe haul the supervisor around in.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Don't look like no Chebby to me.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Interesting, and butt ugly, look.

Why, in this day and age when the majority of over the road tractor rigs are doing all they can to streamline and get better aerodynamics are the pickup truck makers coming out with grills that look like a sheet of plywood with honeycomb holes cut in them?

Laffin...

That '22 grille will be 100% different on the non-TRD Pro model. There will be different looks on different trucks. Take a look at the '21 Limited, TRD and Base models now. They all have vastly different appearances.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Oh boy, another brand loyal truck thread. I can never get enough of these.

H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
I will keep my pickup. The new ones have priced me out of the market.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by ribka
Originally Posted by EdM

Where is some good data on resale?

Not sure, but "the car guy" on the radio said that the Ford Raptor and Toyota Tacoma had the best resale values, by far, a couple of Saturdays ago. So good in fact, that they don't advise buying a newer used one, because you'll pay new prices without the warranty.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

673 members (007FJ, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 1936M71, 01Foreman400, 163dm, 72 invisible), 3,156 guests, and 1,236 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,585
Posts18,454,262
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.