Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by MOGC
Originally Posted by jwp475

No tactical experience from your explanation

He trained with the Sheriff's Department when he was a volunteer deputy.

Oh well... a volunteer deputy, that changes everything.
He was badged, armed, uniformed, and responded to calls along with regular deputies.

PS Volunteer deputy was the standard sort of deputy sheriff or deputy marshal for a very long time in this nation's history.

once upon a time i was a fully certified reserve deputy, did the same thing someone working full time did.
i don't think it's bragging a few of us reserves could consistly outshoot full time deputies that cleaned their handguns once a year.
And i have seen a number of qual. shoots for full time guys and had to try hard to keep from snickering.

Since this came back up... Many reserve officers are only utilized for manpower for special duties that would otherwise tie up department personnel. Assignments like the county fair or a parade, circus and whatever where they mostly are parking cars, blocking traffic, patrolling parking areas at night, ect. Some departments do use reserves to fill in blanks in the schedule along with the full time staff. I have no idea the utubers level of training and experience.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna

He was badged, armed, uniformed, and responded to calls along with regular deputies.

PS Volunteer deputy was the standard sort of deputy sheriff or deputy marshal for a very long time in this nation's history.

once upon a time i was a fully certified reserve deputy, did the same thing someone working full time did.
i don't think it's bragging a few of us reserves could consistly outshoot full time deputies that cleaned their handguns once a year.
And i have seen a number of qual. shoots for full time guys and had to try hard to keep from snickering.

Since this came back up... Many reserve officers are only utilized for manpower for special duties that would otherwise tie up department personnel. Assignments like the county fair or a parade, circus and whatever where they mostly are parking cars, blocking traffic, patrolling parking areas at night, ect. Some departments do use reserves to fill in blanks in the schedule along with the full time staff. I have no idea the utubers level of training and experience.
If I knew Hickock was an off-duty reservist, I'd forgotten it. I didn't look on this video as "tactical" at all, just a rundown of four of the most common of these types of pistols.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

reserves do all those functions, but 90%of the time i had a patrol car parked at my house. Most of the time i was filling in slots in the schedule, and no difference in us vs. those getting paid for the job. my first day working alone i handled an armed robbery call.
i trained pretty intensively in firearms and some other things, such as scuba, and search and rescue. My county is bigger than some states. at times in those days there were only a cou ple of us to cover the whole area.

Last edited by RoninPhx; 06/21/21.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
He’s entertaining, and shoots a lot of ammo…what’s not to like about that?

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

667 members (12344mag, 1minute, 1eyedmule, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 10ring1, 65 invisible), 3,106 guests, and 1,294 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,701
Posts18,456,746
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.