Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Oakster
I liked Cabelas for the used gun inventory and that is phasing out. They cant even list all of their guns on the website so it can be properly browsed. Il liked Sportsmans Warehouse for reloading equipment. The prices were good and the people were friendly. I hope they keep it up after the shortage. I am sure Bass Pro will kill them soon enough. I used to buy Handloader magazine there but Bass Pro wont let them sell the magazines anymore.

that's funny my local sportmans has quite a few magazines for sale.

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

GB1

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Bought a pair of Cabelas super mag waders before last duck season. this spring while fishing steelhead one foot and leg got wet, they leaked like a sive. When i took them back to Cabelas the girl informed me that i owned them for over 60 days so i would need to contact corporate and see if they would do anything about it. I"ll never spend another penny at that chithole place. I sure do miss the OLD Cabelas.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Yeah, since Ass Hole shops took them over, the customer service went down the $hitter.
Called last week about a trail camera they had on sale, that they hadn't even got in yet. Lady said they had 17,000 coming in this week, and with that many, the sale price would certainly remain in place.
Checked today. 1 in stock, site won't allow an order. Sale price is gone.

Last edited by KenMi; 06/24/21.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by KenMi
Yeah, since Ass Hole shops took them over, the customer service went down the $hitter.
Called last week about a trail camera they had on sale, that they hadn't even got in yet. Lady said they had 17,000 coming in this week, and with that many, the sale price would certainly remain in place.
Checked today. 1 in stock, site won't allow an order. Sale price is gone.

How much was the sales price compared to regular price?

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
$79 vs 99

Today it doesn't even come up in their site search

IC B2

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Once Bass Pro took over, Cabelas wasn’t even an option anymore. It’s a shame, like someone else mentioned, they used to be the one stop shop.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
The last two orders I have placed have been screwed up. I am done with them.

MAC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have a piece of property in Peetz, CO which is 14 miles from the Cabelas headquarters in Sidney, NE. Used to spend a lot of time there. Dick Cabela used to walk around the store talking with people and helping customers. He was a heck of a nice guy. He would roll over in his grave if he saw what has become of Cabelas since Bass Pro took it over. Worst thing Cabelas ever did was allow it to go public on the NYSE. When it was family run Dick and Jim ran it great but when it went corporate it changed big time.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
i was just checking out the used guns on Cabela's library....holy moly....

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I double your Fugg and raise you a Frick

Remember, not everyone has a happy ending, so be happy when you can
IC B3

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
There was a time when I considered setting up an allotment to Cabelas because I spent that much money with them.

I haven't purchased a single item since BP bought them. I don't see that ever changing.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by HaYen
I double your Fugg and raise you a Frick
I'll see your Frick and raise you two...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by AU7MM08
Originally Posted by saddlesore
Scheels is going to over shadow them all

I've heard good things about Scheels but I haven't been to one.

Send a Scheels up here, woodja?

Ammo shelves at SW here in Soldotna are full- all of it crap calibers few here use. I might have to get a .25-06 again..... they did have a couple dozen boxes of that smile. Last week they had about 20 boxes of Blue Box 150 in '06. I'm holding out for Corelokts tho- I'm not a fan of those Hi-shoks. Probably should have bought some anyway, at $27. Ain't buying anything over $40!

NO 30-30, 308, 30-06, 270, 260, 243, 257, 300Mag, 338WM or other common hunting calibers. Lots of .223, 6mm Creed, and various elephant calibers, and the like.

I'll check Cabelas and SW when I'm in Anchorage Monday and Tuesday, with little hope of finding anything worth buying at reasonable price. I'm good for this hunting season, maybe next - just have to pick what gun has ammo - or set up my reloading bench again.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Cabelas: Hard Nope

To many other & more relevant options IMO

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Picked up 2 box ( limit 5) i20 ga 7 1/2 atSW /AnC today. Good price. Nothing for rifle on shelves except for PD and elephant. Kinda short on those critters up here.

Cabelas got virtual nothing. Really bare! Parked in lot now with camper - about only good use for them . Got company and a half dozen guns in camper tho.

Shoot at Cooper Landing Range on way back home tomorrow

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I used to buy almost all my hunting and shooting stuff from Cabelas. We even used to time our hunting trip travel times to hit the Cabelas in Boise during store hours before they opened one nearby. Now, just a pile of crap or way overpriced name brand stuff like Sitka, etc… At the one near me, geezers troll the ammo aisles snapping up ammo that they’ll never shoot and have the blue hair spousal unit grab a second limit. I was really done when they refused to honor the Lifetime Warranty on the boot foot lightweight waders that cracked or on the Gore-Tex boots that leak in wet grass. Double Fugg em now and forever!

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

561 members (1337Fungi, 1minute, 1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 63 invisible), 2,363 guests, and 1,168 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,321
Posts18,468,449
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.