Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
last thursday I placed an order for 3 boxes of Nosler 7mm 160 grain accubonds. listed as in stock. my card was hit for the charges. yesterday, three days after the oder placed and confirmation was sent I get a notification that the product was out of stock and my order was cancelled. what a schidty company cabelas has turned itno

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

GB1

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
You're preachin' to the choir.
Wife and kids and I used to enjoy making a day trip out of a visit to Cabela's.
Haven't stepped into their store, or placed any orders, in 3 years or so. No need to. They can keep their overpriced Chinese crap.
Screwing over their once loyal customers by not honoring their "lifetime" warranties was the final nail in their coffin for me.

"No good deed shall go unpunished!"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
On one of these outdoor forums some guy new to hunting asked about a one stop shop for gear. 15 -20 years ago I would have said Cabelas.
Not these days.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I avoid the big box stores for hunting and gun equipment if at all possible. Support the local small shop.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by hikerbum
I avoid the big box stores for hunting and gun equipment if at all possible. Support the local small shop.

Used to be a place in Green Bay called "Nickolai's" - was just like that. Could get EVERYTHING there. As a youth, I got my first 22lr and deer rifle there.

Me

IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
I most always do but when NOONE has the stuff I need and CABELAS had it listed IN STOCK, thats where I had to buy it

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Bass Pro ruined them and is doing the same to Sportsmans Warehouse. BP closed the Cabelas near me when they took over. I don’t buy from any of them now.

U
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
U
I quit Cabelas years ago and am ready to quit shopping at Sportsmans Warehouse. We have a wonderful LGS about 8 miles away called Gunnies in Orem, Utah. Well stocked, great prices and knowledgeable employees. They are my "go to" shop now. When I lived in Helena, MT, my favorite store was Capital Sports. Their used gun rack often has some cool, old stuff you can't find anywhere else.

T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Teal

Used to be a place in Green Bay called "Nickolai's" - was just like that. Could get EVERYTHING there. As a youth, I got my first 22lr and deer rifle there.

I bought a bunch of reloading gear from them back in the '90's. A few friends lived up that way making it a convenient side trip. After they moved away heading there was a less frequent event. When did they close up?

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Cabelas was a good company. Then Bass Pro bought them and ruined them. Cut from inventory the good things and brought in worthless junk.

IC B3

S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
Scheels is going to over shadow them all

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gitem_12
last thursday I placed an order for 3 boxes of Nosler 7mm 160 grain accubonds. listed as in stock. my card was hit for the charges. yesterday, three days after the oder placed and confirmation was sent I get a notification that the product was out of stock and my order was cancelled. what a schidty company cabelas has turned itno

They did me like this twice. But they sent the other items I'd added to my cart to bump the total up to enough for free shipping. Of course, the ammo didn't ship, so they reneged on the free shipping deal. I told them I was done ordering from Bass Pro / Cabelas. Anybody that big should have an up-to-date inventory. Leaving high-demand items as "available" is just bait and switch.....

Now with even more aplomb
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by saddlesore

I've heard good things about Scheels but I haven't been to one.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I hope so, as I'm another Cabela's refugee.

We had a great local Cabela's. Bass Pro took over and you know the rest.

24HCF in its entirety, is solely responsible for why my children do not have college funds, my mortgage isn't paid-off and why I will never retire early enough to enjoy the remainder of my life.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Had a Bad experience with them a couple yrs. back! I'm done, they don't care, Bass pro, Blows!!! I miss the old Cabela's too! Tried their Customer service, non existent like everywhere else! I don't need em! Boycott!

I Learned a long time ago to Separate My Want's from My Needs!

A man's Gotta Do What a Man's Gotta Do!

Know Thy Self!

TRUMP DID WIN!!!
D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by AU7MM08

I've heard good things about Scheels but I haven't been to one.

Me neither, but they ship fast.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by BIG_JOE
Cabelas was a good company. Then Bass Pro bought them and ruined them. Cut from inventory the good things and brought in worthless junk.

PREZACTLY !

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
Originally Posted by BIG_JOE

Agreed.....and it is a true shame ...Hb

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I brought a House Brand Cabelas scope after Ass Blows took over.

A $200 scope and the check out kid, asks me do I want to buy a 2 year warranty for $90 more.

Then I point out that the box states a life time warranty, and the kids response.... so do you want to buy a 2 year warranty for $90?

I haven't quit buying things they have that I need, as long as it doesn't say ASS Blows on it...

Now I am waiting for them to ask me if I'd like to buy a 2 year warranty for $90 on a pound of powder, or a box of primers or any bullets...
That's how bright I think, that they think they are...

and now Sportsman's Sold out to them also...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Bought one gun from the Louisville Kentucky store 2 years ago because it was a great price. Worst gun buying experience I have ever had and I have bought many in my 50 years! Will never buy another from them no matter how good the deal!

HeavyBarrel

" A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government"
G. Washington
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

602 members (007FJ, 1beaver_shooter, 01Foreman400, 160user, 2500HD, 257man, 58 invisible), 2,261 guests, and 1,201 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,643
Posts18,455,374
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.