Hop To
Page 12 of 19 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 18 19
S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Mrs. Pablo’ is a killer.

Waiting for the weekly installment of jealousy pics.

Originally Posted by New_2_99s
Originally Posted by gssixgun
Originally Posted by SLM
When the three listed above and a few others speak, you should probably pay attention.

Or keep overcompensating.
Just goes to show what an actual joke this sub-forum is

Supposed "Experts" seriously talking about how little their shooters are..
Total disgrace...

Seriously ??? Listen to three idiots promote 224 Caliber Elk Hunting, ??? What a crock of crap

How did this sub-forum become so twisted, a bunch of braggarts promoting Rat Shooters. pathetic unethical POS

Really, how about you post some game killed photos ?

You know, just so we know "how legitimate", you actually are !

Betting my wife's put more head of game animals in the freezer, than you have.

GB1

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Damn over 30 posts in this one stupid thread

I am so on my way to "Oracleship" Thanks Guys

Last edited by gssixgun; 06/21/21.

Slaying Orcs
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Sure, we can.

Just not the "scary" ones.

grin

Seriously, why don't/won't you hang some photos of you & your game ?

Be nice to see.

Unless you're the standard, retarded, keyboard commando, or perhaps, even a trolling sock puppet !

Been called, ante up, or STFU !

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Sure, we can.

grin

Be nice to see.

Unless you're the standard, retarded, keyboard commando, or perhaps, even a trolling sock puppet !

Been called, ante up !

Dear Paul,

I don't rise to the baiting, as you did Fish
I have noticed that you haven't joined into the Ballistics convo which obviously as a Canadian is above your head do you know what .224 even is ???

Slaying Orcs
W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
Paul knows, but I am beginning to wonder the same thing...

Molon Labe
IC B2

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Sure, we can.

grin

Be nice to see.

Let me write your next post for you

"Just as I thought No Pics"

Slaying Orcs
G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Originally Posted by WyoCoyoteHunter
Paul knows, but I am beginning to wonder the same thing...

Come on man Respect your "Oracle" you are only a 'Bwana
Let him answer himself don't help him out he jumped into a ballistics fight with both feet into the deep end.. Don't toss him a Floatie

edit: A ballistics fight that started as a damn joke, but has been turned into a CF by the supposed "experts" in this sub-forum

Slaying Orcs
W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Who is the supreme originator of all this guff and who is/are the sock puppets? Asking for a friend….

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by T_Inman
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Originally Posted by SLM
When the three listed above and a few others speak, you should probably pay attention.

Total disgrace...

Seriously ??? Listen to three idiots promote 224 Caliber Elk Hunting, ??? What a crock of crap

How did this sub-forum become so twisted, a bunch of braggarts promoting Rat Shooters. pathetic unethical POS

Who was "promoting" it?

I shared that same thought.
I think one could loosely interpret Prairie_Goat's first few posts here (maybe) to promote the use of .22 CF, but I can't see how those other two's posts could be interpreted that way, at all.

Maybe I am missing or misreading something, but doubt it.

I was just relating my experience. Are there better options? Probably. But "better" isn't always the preferred option. It's sort of like using a traditional bow or 1990s compound compared to a fancy new compound during archery season, or open sighted lever gun chambered for an old/slow rimmed round compared to a scoped bolt gun firing high bc bullets. They all work fine when directed correctly, within their limits, and sometimes a guy just prefers to hunt with something different.

One excellent reason to use a suppressed 223 - it results in minimal herd disruption compared to even a larger case capacity suppressed rifle. Pop an elk out of the herd and watch the rest of the bunch mosey up over the hill. Recover your quarry in an expeditious manner, and the survivors may be right back in there the next day. As opposed to laying into them with a 300 Loudenboomer, and sending the herd into the next township to be shot by other hunters. Of course, things may play out just fine with a "normal" setup, but a quiet rifle sure seems to help.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Cluggins
Put me in the "why" camp.

ditto

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by prairie_goat
Originally Posted by T_Inman
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Originally Posted by SLM

Total disgrace...

Who was "promoting" it?

I shared that same thought.
I think one could loosely interpret Prairie_Goat's first few posts here (maybe) to promote the use of .22 CF, but I can't see how those other two's posts could be interpreted that way, at all.

Maybe I am missing or misreading something, but doubt it.

I was just relating my experience. Are there better options? Probably. But "better" isn't always the preferred option. It's sort of like using a traditional bow or 1990s compound compared to a fancy new compound during archery season, or open sighted lever gun chambered for an old/slow rimmed round compared to a scoped bolt gun firing high bc bullets. They all work fine when directed correctly, within their limits, and sometimes a guy just prefers to hunt with something different.

One excellent reason to use a suppressed 223 - it results in minimal herd disruption compared to even a larger case capacity suppressed rifle. Pop an elk out of the herd and watch the rest of the bunch mosey up over the hill. Recover your quarry in an expeditious manner, and the survivors may be right back in there the next day. As opposed to laying into them with a 300 Loudenboomer, and sending the herd into the next township to be shot by other hunters. Of course, things may play out just fine with a "normal" setup, but a quiet rifle sure seems to help.

Great post. I've never attempted to kill a big game animal with a .223 and most likely never will, but as someone interested in what works and what doesn't, it's valuable information nonetheless. I have killed elk with big slow bullets that yield much less than the magical 1500 ft-lbs at the POI. Real world experience with the .223 is the other bookend that shows the fallacy of trusting numbers in a table rather than results on the ground.

Much more valuable that some hackneyed old "adage" that someone pulled out their arse back when Core Lokts were state of the art.

I'm still waiting for a dissertation from the keyboard cowboy on hydrostatic shock. That would be good for a few more pages.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by JDinCO
Someone here is a total douche, but it isn't the old guy that recently hunted in the tumdra.

Ingwe hunted the tundra??

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sure, we can.

grin

Be nice to see.

DFTT wink

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Originally Posted by smokepole
Someone here is a total douche, but it isn't the old guy that recently hunted in the tumdra.

No that is a Toyota, we drive them, not hunt them, he hunted the Tumdra, don't you know anything ???

You wanna talk Hydrostatic shock, go for it, I personally am not a huge believer in it, and I am not at your beck and call to write a dissertation nor anything else.

But please feel free if you want, I will grade it for you after, and correct the mistakes that I am sure you will interject as truths.

Slaying Orcs
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle

FWIW I HAVE hunted the tundra.

But I did it with a great big old .300 H&H so we don't talk about it in threads like this...Though it WAS the smallest gun in camp....

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
Sure, we can.

grin

Be nice to see.

DFTT wink

smirk

Paul.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I thought about asking him for a detailed explanation of the mechanics behind aerodynamic jump, and as a self-proclaimed ballistics expert with superior knowledge and experience he shouldn’t have any trouble laying it out clearly, but I realized that it would be a waste of my time to engage with him, and a waste of everyone else’s time reading his response.

Best to just ignore the trolls instead of feeding them.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Good enough !

grin

Paul.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Originally Posted by ingwe

FWIW I HAVE hunted the tundra.

Yeah, me too so I thought for a minute JD was talking about me. But then I saw the "old guy" reference.......

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I would kind of look forward to it.

In a car crash kind of way.

Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
I thought about asking him for a detailed explanation of the mechanics behind aerodynamic jump, and as a self-proclaimed ballistics expert with superior knowledge and experience he shouldn’t have any trouble laying it out clearly, but I realized that it would be a waste of my time to engage with him, and a waste of everyone else’s time reading his response.

Best to just ignore the trolls instead of feeding them.

Page 12 of 19 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 18 19

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

389 members (17CalFan, 160user, 10ring1, 163bc, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 30 invisible), 2,743 guests, and 987 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,283
Posts18,467,788
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.