Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by deflave
I hate dogs.

Matter of fact, I hate pets in general. I think the concept is stupid.

You f cking trollšŸ¤£

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RIO7

Every person that has a dog is a dog trainer some are ok at it some have no idea, and the dog trains them, i am no expert but my dogs work for me. and help me do my job. Rio7

How do you get your dogs to mend fences when they donā€™t have any thumbs to hold tools?

šŸ˜¬šŸ¦«

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
ā€œMolon Labeā€
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SuperCub
Originally Posted by cra1948
I would say that less than 1% of dog owners have any idea of how to really train a dog. They also have no idea of how to manage the relationship with the dog. I guess if all one wants is a housepet that is, to one degree or another, a pita, that's okay. The worst cases, and there are two close by that I see all the time, are people that get high-energy field breeds and think they're going to make a dual-purpose house-pet/field dog out of them, send them off to a "trainer" for a month or two, get them back and give them a little training a few times a week but let them have the run of the house all the rest of the time.

This is bang on! ...... Most times folks buy the wrong dogs for the wrong purpose and get the wrong results.

I always laugh at folks who buy hounds who don't hunt..

True, true, true!

100 lb dogs in apratments that get walked for 10 minutes twice per day. Kick Me dogs that are "Mama's Precious Baby" and goes everywhere Mama goes. Mama is needy so gets her unconditional love from the dog.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
ā€œGentlemen of the jury: The best friend a man has in this world may turn against him and become his enemy. His son or daughter that he has reared with loving care may prove ungrateful. Those who are nearest and dearest to us, those whom we trust with our happiness and our good name, may become traitors to their faith. The money that a man has, he may lose. It flies away from him, perhaps when he needs it the most. A manā€™s reputation may be sacrificed in a moment of ill-considered action. The people who are prone to fall on their knees to do us honor when success is with us may be the first to throw the stone of malice when failure settles its cloud upon our heads. The one absolutely unselfish friend that a man can have in this selfish world, the one that never deserts him and the one that never proves ungrateful or treacherous is his dog.

Gentlemen of the jury: A manā€™s dog stands by him in prosperity and in poverty, in health and in sickness. He will sleep on the cold ground, where the wintry winds blow and the snow drives fiercely, if only he may be near his masterā€™s side. He will kiss the hand that has no food to offer, he will lick the wounds and sores that come in encounters with the roughness of the world. He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a prince. When all other friends desert, he remains. When riches take wings and reputation falls to pieces, he is as constant in his love as the sun in its journey through the heavens.

If fortune drives the master forth an outcast in the world, friendless and homeless, the faithful dog asks no higher privilege than that of accompanying him to guard against danger, to fight against his enemies, and when the last scene of all comes, and death takes the master in its embrace and his body is laid away in the cold ground, no matter if all other friends pursue their way, there by his graveside will the noble dog be found, his head between his paws, his eyes sad but open in alert watchfulness, faithful and true even to death.ā€

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

IC B2

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I have had a lot of hunting dogs.I used to do Field trials with German Shorthairs.Probably the best all around hunting dog that pointed,retrieved ducks in water and flushed on command.I had a Golden Retriever that would not retrieve,but was hell on flushing pheasants and grouse.My German Wirehair was probably the toughest dog I ever ownedNothing could stop him from retrieving on water or land and pointed as a bonus,Then I got into Standard Poodles.Probably the smartest and easiest to train dogs I have owned.They also did it all.Now I had two rescue dogs.The one is just a companion and I have obedience trained him.He could win any dog show,but can`t because he is a mixed breed.The last one I got is a Jack Russell Spaniel mix.I call her hell on wheels.She is probably the most high energy dog I have ever owned and to say mildly is a challenge.I will have my hands full training her,but she loves to hunt and the red squirrel and chipmunk population is in mortal danger.She does not know she is only 22 pounds and is afraid of nothing.Yes I like my dogs and there is no Disney fantasy going on here.I have never had a dog lie to me or stab me in the back.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Live with an animal, live like an animal...

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
Live with an animal, live like an animal...
WTF do you think you are ? Man, the most unpredictable, dangerous, greedy, destructive animal on planet earth.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Got the bases covered !

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I'm Ć  dog lover I have some reserve for a person that doesn't I also have some reserve for a person Ć  dog doesn't like. Nice pic supercub I like sxs shotguns also never hunted Ruff. grouse only sharptails.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Those who do not like dogs, remember this should you ever visit El Ranchito de los Perros Flacos.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
They have that in the form of a tin sign at a local pet shop. I have one hanging in my living room. People who don't like dogs are not welcome in my home.

I will have to look at one to post on the front door.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Iā€™ll take a dog 9 out of 10 times. Labradoodles as the exception.

Labradoodles are mutts.

Not dogs.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Blackheart
People who don't like dogs are not welcome in my home.

What a shame.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Labradoodles are mutts.

Not dogs.

Every breed of dog is the product of combining different lines of dog at some point in time. The Doberman Pinscher, for example, was literally created by Heir Doberman (the German dog catcher and tax collector) over many years of mixing dogs he caught without licenses, based on the characteristics he was seeking. He mixed Greyhounds, Standard Pinschers, Mastiffs, etc., till he had a line of dog that served his purpose, i.e., athletic enough to run beside his tax collector's carriage for many miles, yet large, aggressive, and capable enough to deter robbers. In other words, the Doberman Pinscher was a mutt bred for a purpose. Only later did folks in the area who admired them ask for puppies from his breeding lines, which came locally to be known as Heir Doberman's dogs, and later Doberman Pinschers.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Labradoodles are mutts.

Not dogs.

Every breed of dog is the product of combining different lines of dog at some point in time. The Doberman Pinscher, for example, was literally created by Heir Doberman (the German dog catcher and tax collector) over many years of mixing dogs he caught without licenses, based on the characteristics he was seeking. He mixed Greyhounds, Standard Pinschers, Mastiffs, etc., till he had a line of dog that served his purpose, i.e., athletic enough to run beside his tax collector's carriage for many miles, yet large, aggressive, and capable enough to deter robbers. In other words, the Doberman Pinscher was a mutt bred for a purpose. Only later did folks in the area who admired them ask for puppies from his breeding lines, which came locally to be known as Heir Doberman's dogs, and later Doberman Pinschers.

And best of all, like GSD and Pits............................

it would turn on it's owners! smirk

wink

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Morewood
What've you got against labradoodles?

You'd think that crossing a lab with a poodle would produce a sensible, biddable dog, but the vast majority of the doodles I've met over the years (and I meet several dogs per day, every day),have been absolute goons. They ignore all commands, straining at the leash, jumping around at the mere sight of another dog. I am always surprised to meet one that doesn't act like this.

What kinda SxS is that?

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Labradoodles are mutts.

Not dogs.

A Doberman is a reputable breed of dog today because the original intent was achieved by people that knew what they were doing.

A labradoodle is a fugking mutt.

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Rick n Tenn
Dog are better than most people .

I agree 100%

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Morewood
What've you got against labradoodles?

You'd think that crossing a lab with a poodle would produce a sensible, biddable dog, but the vast majority of the doodles I've met over the years (and I meet several dogs per day, every day),have been absolute goons. They ignore all commands, straining at the leash, jumping around at the mere sight of another dog. I am always surprised to meet one that doesn't act like this.

What kinda SxS is that?

That one isnā€™t mine but itā€™s an SKB, probably a 100. I have/had several of them. Great shotguns.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Dude;

WTF;

grin

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

584 members (10ring1, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 1234, 1Longbow, 69 invisible), 2,387 guests, and 1,157 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,319
Posts18,468,413
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.