Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Valsdad Online Content OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
The county just issued standby evac orders for a chunk of AZ near Flagstaff. Relative lives in that area.

https://www.coconino.az.gov/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=2442

You folks in that part of AZ, I hope you make it through what appears to be a terrific fire season to be. We're on alert here too. Clouds forming around these parts today, I hope there's no dry strikes as there's no moisture to speak of.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
BP-B2

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Son Jake just got back from a ditch fire.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
One started a bit east of Redding yesterday. Evac orders for the little burg there.

Is that area near you in the drought area, or just "below normal".

Let's hope it doesn't get as bad as some recent years. But, I think I'll air up the tires in the cargo trailer and swap the truck to the spot in front of it with the ball under the hitch. All the important stuff can fit easily in there.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Went outside to water some trees and was sweating hard within minutes. Came in and the thermometer says 109.5 in the shade here today. That's harsh.

LOL
IC B2

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Geno, check your PM box.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It’s going to be awful this year. No water anywhere. Springs that nobody can remember ever being dry are dry, and the rest are a fraction of normal. It’s going to burn, and burn, and burn. Anyone with hunting plans in the west should make contingency plans.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It hasn't rained here in months, I figure its a matter of time before a big azz fire breaks out here.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Yep Geno, It's going to be a bad one this year I think!!!!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We have fires in Colorado already.

IC B3

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
It's cooled off quite a bit here, that helps with the dry weather.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I was going to go camping with my AZ family to an area near White Horse lake. They told me yesterday the whole Kaibab NF is closing on 6-23 until 9-1 or fire conditions improve.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Our family homestead survived the Wallow fire in 2011 but just barely, me and 2 of my brothers at the 3 different homes kept spot fires out that were starting from falling embers out of the sky. My whole pasture burned and it came right up to the house but luckily stayed out of the tree tops. When South mountain burned just west of our homes you couldnt see it because of the heavy smoke but it sounded like a jet taking off - scary. As that mountain burned we were loading up horses, dogs, sister in laws, wives and my mom and rushing to get them out of town. My brother lost one horse but it wasnt due to the flames but due to old age and loading her up and hauling her 100 miles away, she just couldnt take it. The first day we got a wave from the west and the next day it came from the south.

We're on red alert again now but I'm hoping that the old fire scar will help slow things a little. There are 4 fires just 10 miles SW of us totaling about 3500 acres right now...too close for comfort. Hard to sleep at night and when I wake up I look out in all directions and hope I dont see that ominus red glow. I've got hoses attached to all hose bibs around the house with nozzles on them and have a few things packed up and ready to go just in case.

Life (and forums) is like a box of animal crackers----There's a Jackass in every box
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by smarquez
I was going to go camping with my AZ family to an area near White Horse lake. They told me yesterday the whole Kaibab NF is closing on 6-23 until 9-1 or fire conditions improve.

Didn't know the date, but did here the Forest was closing. Going to be difficult/impossible for scouting/hunting for those that drew tags.

In it is contentment

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by AZmark
Our family homestead survived the Wallow fire in 2011 but just barely, me and 2 of my brothers at the 3 different homes kept spot fires out that were starting from falling embers out of the sky. My whole pasture burned and it came right up to the house but luckily stayed out of the tree tops. When South mountain burned just west of our homes you couldnt see it because of the heavy smoke but it sounded like a jet taking off - scary. As that mountain burned we were loading up horses, dogs, sister in laws, wives and my mom and rushing to get them out of town. My brother lost one horse but it wasnt due to the flames but due to old age and loading her up and hauling her 100 miles away, she just couldnt take it. The first day we got a wave from the west and the next day it came from the south.

We're on red alert again now but I'm hoping that the old fire scar will help slow things a little. There are 4 fires just 10 miles SW of us totaling about 3500 acres right now...too close for comfort. Hard to sleep at night and when I wake up I look out in all directions and hope I dont see that ominus red glow. I've got hoses attached to all hose bibs around the house with nozzles on them and have a few things packed up and ready to go just in case.

Good luck, I was in the area for Rodeo/Chedeski. I know the feelings.

And of course, there's living here too.

In it is contentment

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Went outside to water some trees and was sweating hard within minutes. Came in and the thermometer says 109.5 in the shade here today. That's harsh.

The past couple days have been hot. The forecast starting Friday and going into the weekend looks worse yet. It's time to be serious and diligent 'bout irrigating to keep everything wet enough that the ladder fuels won't light and fire won't run through the grass, it has to smolder along slow if it starts at all. I'm pretty safe here unless the power goes out. The electric irrigation pump is the key to everything for us keeping field and lawns wet and fighting fire.

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

Fires across Utah started way early here...9 going right now

Now some still want to still sell & buy fireworks ? WTH ?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/t...n-across-utah/ar-AALhSYR?ocid=uxbndlbing

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by tikkanut

Fires across Utah started way early here...9 going right now

Now some still want to still sell & buy fireworks ? WTH ?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/t...n-across-utah/ar-AALhSYR?ocid=uxbndlbing

Pretty special, eh?

In it is contentment

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Worried about tags when the entire habitat is about to go, for the rest of your life? Priorities, please.

This drought is clearly terrible, but it's going to be worse in places where there's more than one year's worth of dead or dessiccated fuel.

This is what happens when idiot Greens (including their Fudd helpers like BHA) control land policy through litigation for three decades, letting the fuels build, and build, and build. Now it's popcorn phart parched, exceptional drought and one spark will take it all away. Then of course, the Greens will fight over the ashes.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Heard that USFS is closing the Apache Sitgreaves forest on Thursday.................Thank God for that, dont need any idiots that insist of having campfires near me.

Life (and forums) is like a box of animal crackers----There's a Jackass in every box
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
683 members (1Akshooter, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 76 invisible), 3,129 guests, and 1,452 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,678
Posts18,399,550
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.