Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
R
rj308 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
I am interested in opinions of this scope from persons with actual experience. I am particularly curious about the reticle illumination when used at last light (glare etc.) and about the glass quality compared to Leu VX-3 and similar glass. I do not shoot at animals over appx. 300 yards so will not be "dialing". I will be spending some weeks in the U.S.A. in September and I am thinking about picking up one of these while I am there. They are not available to me here in the wild, wild east. As history shows, this type of scope is becoming less and less available every day and if the package is as good as it sounds, I want to go ahead and get one. If you have not used this particular model, I would still like to hear any opinions of any Credo model with a battery illuminated reticle. Thanks. RJ

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bought three Trijicons this year; an Accupoint 3-9 with green duplex, a Credo HX 1-6 with Hunter holds in red, and a Credo HX 2.5-10x56 with green duplex. All look and feel like quality goods. Not a “glass” guy, but looking through them, I see nothing to complain about. Haven’t even sighted in the 2.5-10 yet, but the other two have very clean, solid clicks, and seemed to go just where I told them.

Of the three, I think I like the 1-6 best as a hunting scope, but there’s no doubt that I prefer the reticle in the 3-9 Accupoint. The outer bars are relatively heavy, but not #4 heavy by any means. The best part is they come very close to the center. The tritiium illumination is very subtle, but you can see it even in dead darkness. The FO is somewhat adjustable, but not daylight bright. Looking into the shadows during daylight, the illumination seems just right.

Of the choices available in the Credo HX 3-9, I’d take the standard duplex, even though the bars are a bit far apart for my taste, but overall I still prefer the Accupoint for its reticle. I think mine is going on my Fieldcraft, at least while the VX-5 2-10 goes home for an issue with the reticle. Maybe for keeps, as it’s a bit lighter than the Leupy.

The Credos have OFF positions between the various ON ones, so you only have to click once to return to your last setting. I’ll try to remember to check out the possibility of low-light flare later, but they go very low.

Last edited by Pappy348; 06/21/21.

What fresh Hell is this?
R
rj308 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Thanks for the objective info Pappy. I have never owned a Trijicon scope or sight, but have not heard any bad things about them. I am not looking for this scope for a specific rifle, but It will work on many of my rifles. At almost 73, illumination of some sort is very useful for me. The better Roe deer bucks have a habit of moving in transition areas at early dawn and late dusk. I have probably already bought my last non-illuminated reticle scope. Most other scope companies have dropped sale of scopes of relative light weight, good quality and illuminated reticle 1" models seem to be getting very scarce. ican buy this model here in Europe if I want to pay around 1200 USD. Since I am soon coming to your side of the pond, I can pick one up there for a bit less than half of that. RJ

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Sounds like most of the “ITAR” stuff is out the window, regarding scopes, as of 2020. I know little to nothing about it, but would urge you to know what you’re doing (regarding taking a scope out of the country) before dropping $600 plus on a scope to take back to Europe (you may already know the rules).

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
RJ,

I have no experience with that scope, but I suspect that model was formerly sold under the Accupower label. If so, you might find more info online under that name. Credo is relatively new, I believe.

Good luck, and please let us know what you find and decide.

Jason

IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Bought three Trijicons this year; an Accupoint 3-9 with green duplex, a Credo HX 1-6 with Hunter holds in red, and a Credo HX 2.5-10x56 with green duplex. All look and feel like quality goods. Not a “glass” guy, but looking through them, I see nothing to complain about. Haven’t even sighted in the 2.5-10 yet, but the other two have very clean, solid clicks, and seemed to go just where I told them.

Of the three, I think I like the 1-6 best as a hunting scope, but there’s no doubt that I prefer the reticle in the 3-9 Accupoint. The outer bars are relatively heavy, but not #4 heavy by any means. The best part is they come very close to the center. The tritiium illumination is very subtle, but you can see it even in dead darkness. The FO is somewhat adjustable, but not daylight bright. Looking into the shadows during daylight, the illumination seems just right.

Of the choices available in the Credo HX 3-9, I’d take the standard duplex, even though the bars are a bit far apart for my taste, but overall I still prefer the Accupoint for its reticle. I think mine is going on my Fieldcraft, at least while the VX-5 2-10 goes home for an issue with the reticle. Maybe for keeps, as it’s a bit lighter than the Leupy.

The Credos have OFF positions between the various ON ones, so you only have to click once to return to your last setting. I’ll try to remember to check out the possibility of low-light flare later, but they go very low.

Thanks for your input.

HMM-161, HMM-364
Semper Fi Brothers
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Where are the Credos made?

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Japan

What fresh Hell is this?
R
rj308 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by fburgtx
Sounds like most of the “ITAR” stuff is out the window, regarding scopes, as of 2020. I know little to nothing about it, but would urge you to know what you’re doing (regarding taking a scope out of the country) before dropping $600 plus on a scope to take back to Europe (you may already know the rules).

I sure wish someone knowledgeable on ITAR regs could enlighten me in plain English on what is and is not "OK". Some retailers will gladly take your money and send you your stuff, while others say they cannot ship to overseas customers. I do not know if there is a difference that I am an American citizen but a permanent resident of the country I would be taking the optics to. When I go on the U.S. government sight and look at the "ITAR regulations, I can not make head nor tail of what they are saying and if it applies to my situation or not. I would appreciate any help from those that know better. Thanks. RJ

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Riflescopes are now under the jurisdiction of the Dept. of Commerce, rather than the Dept. of HS under ITAR. An export permit is still required to send one out of country to a non-US citizen, but as far as I understand you’re fine to take one across the border for your own use if you are a US citizen.

IC B3

S
SWJ Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
rj308, I've had the same questions, thanks for asking!

Hey Pappy or anyone else, what are your opinions of red vs green reticles? Trijicon seems to suggest the green reticle for hunting in their FAQ section. I've never owned an illuminated reticle or red dot so don't have frame of reference at all.

Thanks for your thoughts

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have both, and like both. The price difference on Amazon can be about $100, for no particular reason that I can figger out. For $100, I am willing to settle. The FFP ones cost more too. Since I can’t imagine needing to dial on game around here, I can forgo that as well.

I kinda want another one, but have no place to put it at present, without displacing another perfectly good scope, or (gasp!) buying another rifle. Buying a rifle to justify buying another scope seems ultra-loony.

What fresh Hell is this?
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
I have both, and like both. The price difference on Amazon can be about $100, for no particular reason that I can figger out. For $100, I am willing to settle. The FFP ones cost more too. Since I can’t imagine needing to dial on game around here, I can forgo that as well.

I kinda want another one, but have no place to put it at present, without displacing another perfectly good scope, or (gasp!) buying another rifle. Buying a rifle to justify buying another scope seems ultra-loony.

Nah....

Not around here... grin

DF

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Japan

Price is in line with zeiss v4 and nightforce shv.

All built at LOW?

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Don’t know which company.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Okay, gotta correct what I said about the Accupoint illumination. The FO definitely does the heavy lifting as long as there’s any light getting to it. The tritium only works in near to dead darkness. I sat on my deck checking the illumination as it grew darker. Even at 21:15, “last light”, the FO helped the tritium a bit. Before that, it was all FO.

Earlier, I walked around the yard looking into shadows and sunlit areas. The light could be seen in all of them, even when I was in the shade looking into the bright spots. My earlier notions were based on looking out the window without any help from the sky.

Anyway, I just ordered another 3-9 with the duplex and green dot.

What fresh Hell is this?
R
rj308 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Thanks for more details Pappy. If I was ti buy a Trijicon, it will be the Credo. I must be able to fine tune the illumination brightness. Battery powered systems do not bother me at all. After doing more reading on the Bureau of Industry and Security website about the EAR regulations, I am understanding that an export permit is not required for exporting a rifle scope with an ECCN code of AO504a through AO504g (which are considered hunting/target scopes. But if the ECCN code is AO504i or higher, (containing some military features/technology), I am understanding, an import permit is required. The problem is, it seems to be damn near impossible to find the ECCN codes for rifle scopes. Also, trying to clarify what I understand, I emailed the BIS and so far, no reply. I also emailed Trijicon in an effort to find out the ECCN code on the Trijicon scope I am interested in and so far, no reply. RJ

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think that’s a good decision. The illumination controls on the Credos are very well done. A motion-switch like Leupold uses would be nice, but those can be problematic IME.

I need to do the same testing with my Credos, though that might scare the neighbors since they’re both mounted.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Mounted the “old” Accupoint 3-9 on my 10/22 CSC in Burris Sig XTRs. Once again impressed by the clean, positive clicks, better than the ones on my SS 10x42, which leave me undecided at times when counting by feel.

Sighted it in at 50, then ran through the assortment of ammo in my range bag. No seasoning between groups, just load and bang away to get an idea of what it might like and how much adjustment would be required when switching ammo. Looks like about 3/4” POI difference between HS and SV. This was the best, 10 SK FN.

[Linked Image]

For now, I’m leaving it sighted for the very, very old Blazers until I burn them up, then on to something else. Us hoarders have to
rotate our stock.

What fresh Hell is this?
R
rj308 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Good shooting Pappy! RJ

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

130 members (44mc, 7x57Hunter, 10Glocks, 7887mm08, 808outdoors, Akhutr, 13 invisible), 1,676 guests, and 748 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,280
Posts18,467,688
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.