Hop To
Page 4 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by downwindtracker2
The English have found the Delta variant first found in India to be twice as contagious as the original virus. More deadly too, they are finding a hospitalization rate of 12% , about 1 in 8, compared to their home grown Kent variant of 6%..The Delta variant is their main virus now. The [bleep] thing is , one dose is only 30% effective against it. It needs two doses of a mRNA vaccine to reach into the 80s.

Greydog, from the number of immigration consulting offices in my town, I think it just might be the system. BTW the Chinese have been in BC as long as Americans, they both came for the gold rush.

can you provide a detailed case study and peer review long term research that the delta variant is twice as contagious and the other covid variants?

Can you provide peer reviewed studies of your other absurd claims? What college level science courses have you taken that allows you to review these peer reviewed scientific research so that you can post and offer opinions on it? lol

Are you just making up and spreading unverified disinformation and lies AGAIN?

BP-B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Trudeau mentioned 75% and 20%. For a Canadian to return, they are talking about fully vaccinated to avoid the quarantine . The provinces will have to issue the certificates. I don't see a great push from the provinces.

How many days, give or take 5 days, are the vaccines good for?

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by Lorne
One of the pearls of wisdom Trudeau spouted was " Just because the person has all their vaccination it wouldn't be fair to the people who don't"

Ontario - still planning to vote this piece of crap in again ?

When the votes are counted, the maritimes, Quebec, and the GTA will all put Trudeau back in power, but yet with all of the recent scandals, this time The Turd will get a majority.

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
Originally Posted by BowRiverFlyGuy
Originally Posted by Lorne
One of the pearls of wisdom Trudeau spouted was " Just because the person has all their vaccination it wouldn't be fair to the people who don't"

Ontario - still planning to vote this piece of crap in again ?

When the votes are counted, the maritimes, Quebec, and the GTA will all put Trudeau back in power, but yet with all of the recent scandals, this time The Turd will get a majority.

Unfortunately you are right. When that happens the push for Alberta to separate will pick up steam. It's become abundantly clear that the west has no voice in federal politics.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
...Greydog, from the number of immigration consulting offices in my town, I think it just might be the system. BTW the Chinese have been in BC as long as Americans, they both came for the gold rush.

There is an old Chinese cemetery in Cumberland, not far from Courtenay, on the Island. It dates back to the 1800s at least, and probably earlier. The Chinese have a long history here, and not only because of the railroad.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The gold tush, I was talking about is gold rush was on the Fraser, 1858 or earlier, not the later Cariboo. It was the Fraser gold rush that got the British serious about BC as a colony.

Last edited by downwindtracker2; 06/20/21.

You can hunt longer with wind at your back
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Yes, another compelling piece of Cdn history.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
downwindtracker2;
Top of the morning to you sir, Happy Father's Day to you if that applies.

After reading a borrowed copy of "Mapping the Frontier: Charles Wilson's Diary etc." from my rancher buddy years back, I finally found a copy for what I considered reasonable and am part way through again.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/52652258-mapping-the-frontier

It's a fairly unbiased sound bite of what Victoria/Esquimalt, the then sparsely populated Fraser Valley and southern Interior were like in the late 1850's and early 1860's when that part of the medicine line was surveyed.

Yes, the author is staunchly British and as such all things British are necessarily better, but one the reader gets over that, Wilson is a pretty keen observer of life and meets such folks as James Douglas, Judge Matthew Bailie Begbie, Father Pandosy, Spokane Garry and a number of other interesting characters.

To your point, yes for sure there were Chinese miners in the Fraser Gold rush and in the periphery of the Rock Creek gold rush as well. I'll note that the Canadian/British and American miners in Rock Creek voted to not allow Chinese miners there initially.

When one looks at Canada's past dealing with different people groups, it was far from perfect and not all were treated the same.

Nonetheless, there's lots in that book and others to be gleaned as to how it is what we enjoy now came to be and in my view it's not a bad thing to learn about that, warts and all, as they say.

All the best to you down in the Big Smoke. wink

Dwayne

Last edited by BC30cal; 06/20/21.

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Some people will be able to cross the border on 5 July.

Things are beginning to return to normal in spite of the naysayers and troublemakers.😄

Alea iacta est.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell
Some people will be able to cross the border on 5 July.

Things are beginning to return to normal in spite of the naysayers and troublemakers.😄

Alea iacta est.

https://www.alaskasnewssource.com/2021/06/18/us-canada-border-restrictions-extended-until-july-21/

Conduct is the best proof of character.
IC B3

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
The 21st is for most tourists. 5 July is for fully vaccinated Cdns. July 21st is a projected opening, based on minimum numbers of vaccinated persons.

https://globalnews.ca/news/7967149/covid-fully-vaccinated-canadians-quarantine-border/

Fully vaccinated Canadians can enter country without quarantine on July 5

Fully vaccinated Canadians can soon enter the country by land or air without having to quarantine — as long as they test negative for COVID-19.

The federal government made the announcement Monday, saying to qualify as “fully vaccinated” means Canadians have to be vaccinated with two doses of Pfizer, Moderna or AstraZeneca or one dose of Janssen.

The rule kicks in on July 5 at 11:59 p.m. EST. It will apply only to people already eligible to travel to Canada, including citizens, permanent residents and people registered under the Indian Act.

This just in.

69% of Canadians say COVID-19 restrictions should remain as more people get vaccine: poll

A new poll suggests about two-thirds of Canadians believe that governments should not lift all restrictions related to COVID-19.

Sixty-nine per cent of respondents to an online survey by Leger and the Association for Canadian Studies say restrictions should stay in place as people continue to get vaccinated against the novel coronavirus.

Leger executive vice-president Christian Bourque said Canadians are still fairly prudent and careful regarding lifting the restrictions.

“I believe they’re waiting until the end of the vaccination campaign, or at least until governments say that they’ve reached all of their targets, potentially to sort of relax a little bit,” he said in an interview.

“We’ll see this number change once governments have said that they’ve reached their vaccination targets. So, a few more weeks at least.”

Canadian Covid Cases

CONFIRMED

DEATHS

RECOVERED

VACCINE DOSES

Source: Esri Canada
Check out our Coronavirus Tracker for more details and maps
Last Updated: June 22, 2021, at 11:00:00 am EST

https://globalnews.ca/news/7969904/covid-restrictions-canadians-vaccine/

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Ed

Yes some minute changes are in place for July 5.

Basically fully vaccinated Canadians returning to Canada , with a negative test for the China virus, will no longer HAVE to stay in government approved hotels for the 3 days nor self quarantine for 14 days unless a subsequent test , after arrival , is positive.

No other affects on anything tourism related or 'non essential'

HUGE step smile HUGE

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
Does Trudeau like all the attention?

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Of course he does. Another amazing fact is that there are a lot of people who believe he's done a great job of protecting Canadians. The liberals believe he is well qualified; if you can believe that. GD

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by greydog
Of course he does. Another amazing fact is that there are a lot of people who believe he's done a great job of protecting Canadians. The liberals believe he is well qualified; if you can believe that. GD

True on all points . Absolutely mind boggling .

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Grumpy folks abound. It doesn't seem to matter who says what. It doesn't seem to matter what changes are made, or who approves them. We could see things tighten up. At least if they made things tighter, there would be a reason to complain. laugh

You folks should smoke some dope or get drunk. Oh wait. You'd complain about that too, even if the weed or alcohol was free.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Does Trudeau like all the attention?

Absolutely . Could care less about anyone except how it affects him directly

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
So, being double vaccinated counts for nothing?

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell

Page 4 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
679 members (160user, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 1Akshooter, 10Glocks, 75 invisible), 3,083 guests, and 1,436 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,679
Posts18,399,581
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.