24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've bought two Shaw barrels, a 222 Rem that is very accurate, and a 6x47 Rem that I rechambered to 6mm-204, Both work great for the money.

After the first shot the rest are just noise.

Make mine a Minaska

Heaven has walls and rules, H-ll has open borders
BP-B6

ingwe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
Good to know...its a .222 Im waiting on...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I re-barreled a couple rifles in the '70's with ER Shaw. One was OK and one was not. Since then I've re-barreled several rifles with ER Shaw and they were excellent. I have not bought any since the China Virus hit our shores.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Fotis
I had a few friends use their barrels. They delivered on time but from what I have seen performance is on par with a good factory barrel.

I concur.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
If you want to order a barrel from Shaw, you might want to check with either EABCO in MN, or Northland Shooter's Supply.

but 12 to 16 weeks is a short time wait right now... I was just looking at some dies ( which thankfully were in stock) from CH4D.
If ordered because not in stock.. there is a 2 year wait....

About anything to do with firearms is like what's in stock at Walmart...

We don't know when anything will be in stock, until it comes in unannounced on a truck....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I placed an order right before Thanksgiving, it was ready in early May. No communication until it was ready. I couldn't get them on the phone either!

TANSTAAFL
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
I was seriously considering a custom rifle from ER Shaw, you guys have me second guessing now. Anyone have one of their rifles in 300 RUM?

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Not directly related but I ordered a Shaw barrel for a Ruger 10/22 from Midway early last week and have received it and installed the barrel yesterday. Planning to test it this Thursday.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I just ordered a Remage barrel from Northland and was told 20 weeks.

After the first shot the rest are just noise.

Make mine a Minaska

Heaven has walls and rules, H-ll has open borders
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
i just ordered a Brux barrel 25 caliber 7 1/2 twist was told 4 months but i bet its here before that, i dealt with ER Shaw once they made a mess and it cost me more money, barrel did shoot fine but ER Shaw company can kiss my arse i will never deal with that again . idiots !

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
IC B3

ingwe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
Update: I got a response to my FOURTH Email to them. " Sorry...blah blah blah...we will be finishing up your order early next week and shipping at the end of the week.." Which I'm sure is a euphemism for" We will be starting your barrel sometime soon..."

I gotta say with such schitty customer service, if I win the Wimbledon Cup with this barrel, I'll still never do business with them again.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Yep that's the experience I got with them

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by ingwe
Anybody know anything about them? I ordered a barrel on 2-13 regular wait time said to be 10-12 weeks....its way more than that now and I can't get them to answer their phone or their emails? Anybody wanna take a guess?

I just ordered abarrel from Douglas in WVa.... knock me over with a feather, they quoted me 3 weeks....

Chalked that one up to West Virginia work ethic as compared to a lot of places....

We'll see what it gets here....

its not like they aren't busy.. but I was surprised, I had no problem talking to one of the barrel guys also...

my first barrel from them... based on the experience if it is going to be as good as I expect, it won't be my last...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Seafire,

Did you go with a standard barrel or the "air gauged" ?

ingwe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Seafire

I just ordered abarrel from Douglas in WVa.... knock me over with a feather, they quoted me 3 weeks....

Friend did the same, and actually got it in 2 weeks!

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
It probably has to do with the production cycle. If they're set up to drill, ream and rifle 30 cal they're likely to run a bunch so they'll have a quantity of blanks ready for contouring as orders come in. So if you're wanting a 30 near this time you're golden. While this is going on the 8mm for example is going to take a back seat.

ingwe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by mathman
It probably has to do with the production cycle. If they're set up to drill, ream and rifle 30 cal they're likely to run a bunch so they'll have a quantity of blanks ready for contouring as orders come in. So if you're wanting a 30 near this time you're golden. While this is going on the 8mm for example is going to take a back seat.

I get that...but a .22 cal barrel taking a back seat for four extra MONTHS?

Uhhhh....no.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I was thinking of the Douglas quick service more than the Shaw clusterfug since Shaw's crappy communication routine indicates who knows what else in how things are run over there.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I've had Shaw barrels, have one now, and they shot good. But I'll take a Douglas any day.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Anyone know approximately how many hours are involved in taking a barrel from a blank piece of steel to a barrel that is ready to go on an action?

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
674 members (1Akshooter, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 74 invisible), 3,190 guests, and 1,463 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,673
Posts18,399,532
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.