Online Content
Campfire Savant
What’s the problem?

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Its a 98 model double wide trailer that my son now lives in. We were having some freezing problems. No problem low on refrigerant. Got it thawed out and only blowing through ducts on one side of the house. AC kid crawled underneath and unhooked one end of crossover ducting which is 10” insulated. Water ran out and he is claiming this is why it’s only blowing out one side. Ok whatever, but the side it’s blowing out of is on the opposite side of the ac and blower unit. I’m confused.

C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
How’s the filter? Coil plugged with dirt?

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
The two biggest reasons for “freezing up” are usually low refrigerant and blocked filters. Is your filter dirty??

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by specialK
double wide trailer

Best move long term is to set it on fire.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Stickfight
double wide trailer

Mean,,,,But, I’m still LMAO

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Don’t think it haven’t crossed my mind stick. I know the freezing issue. What has me confused is only blowing out vents on west side of house and ac unit and blower are on east side. All ducting is in place.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Stickfight
double wide trailer

Arrogance right off the bat. This thread is sure to have legs.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If one side has been disconnected for a while, check for critter nests blocking flow.

Critter nests or other obstructions could explain the freez-up, too due to lack of air flow.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
The new retirement property has a MIL quarters, a single wide. Actually in good shape, I am going to send it down the road.. Don't need it and don't want the maintenance issues for something that will not be used much at all.

M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
Shut it down and give the system plenty of time to thaw. Pull any/all filters and replace with the cheapest spun plastic filter you can find, the green stuff you can poke a finger thru - no high efficiency stuff - you want lots of air flow.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Clean the evap coil

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

For the freezing issue you might also want to check for unrestricted condensation flow off A coil.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I would first, shut down condensing unit, then let fan run acroos coil for a couple of hours. You could have several inches of ice on coil from being low on refrigerant and running long periods. Then I would see of that cured the problem. I have seen many trailers have duct work filled with water. A small drill bit will cure that problem for good. Good luck .

Last edited by sidewinder72; 06/30/21.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Since you are in New Mexico the correct solution is to replace it with a swamp cooler.

Quando omni flunkus moritati
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Don’t think it haven’t crossed my mind stick. I know the freezing issue. What has me confused is only blowing out vents on west side of house and ac unit and blower are on east side. All ducting is in place.

I hate to say it but you or your son is going to be crawling underneath the trailer and taking apart the ductwork to empty whatever filled it with enough crap to block the airflow.

When you cure the airflow it will stop freezing, as long as the refrigerant charge is ok, but you can’t really check that without proper airflow….if you have added refrigerant in the past you might be taking refrigerant back out of the system.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I know this sounds dumb, but it happens. Has someone closed all the vents on the a/c side? Maybe trying to force heat to a back bedroom or something?

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Its a 98 model double wide trailer that my son now lives in. We were having some freezing problems. No problem low on refrigerant. Got it thawed out and only blowing through ducts on one side of the house. AC kid crawled underneath and unhooked one end of crossover ducting which is 10” insulated. Water ran out and he is claiming this is why it’s only blowing out one side. Ok whatever, but the side it’s blowing out of is on the opposite side of the ac and blower unit. I’m confused.

How do you know it is not low?

Did you have a qualified HVAC guy check it?

Have you taken the cover off the outside condenser and carefully cleaned all the radiation fins?

If you have had a qualified HVAC guy check it out, what did he do and what did he say?

If you have not, do it.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by bubbajay

I hate to say it but you or your son is going to be crawling underneath the trailer and taking apart the ductwork to empty whatever filled it with enough crap to block the airflow.

When you cure the airflow it will stop freezing, as long as the refrigerant charge is ok, but you can’t really check that without proper airflow….if you have added refrigerant in the past you might be taking refrigerant back out of the system.

Yup sounds like a ducting issue.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

444 members (10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 16penny, 12savage, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 50 invisible), 2,933 guests, and 1,164 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,277
Posts18,467,569
Members73,927
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.