-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Damn Bruce, how tough would it be to get the cabin out of there?

Praying this works out for you guys.

Eagles may soar, but a weasel never got sucked into a jet turbine!
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Best wishes for a positive outcome. We have been barely spared twice in the last 3 years, but it was stressful. One thing you have going for you is that it is early in the season, so resources may not be stretched as thin as later in the season. I have the utmost respect for the people who fight wildland fires.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
praying for a good outcome Bruce. Fire scares me and i Ain't afraid of nuthin!

Last edited by deerstalker; 07/01/21.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by weaselsRus
Damn Bruce, how tough would it be to get the cabin out of there?

Praying this works out for you guys.

The road in and out is closed, Jim. The expected fire path goes right across Dixie Valley. The fire is at the west end of the valley, and our cabin and trailer are only a mile or so away. We're hoping the fire crews hold a line at the west end and think they might concentrate some effort there, due to all the camps and some seasonal homes.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Good luck to you and your family.

IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
That is quite the bummer situation for you folks and am sorry you have to deal with this mess right now in your lives. I pray they can get the fire under control and a more positive outcome for you and all the residences in the area.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Salmonella
Hoping you are spared...
Wildfires are horrifying.
Most can't understand the magnitude.
I think my son is on that fire right now.
Prayers sent.

Couldn't have anyone better than your son on that crew, my friend. I have followed you and your son here for many years. I've always been impressed with him.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Originally Posted by Salmonella
Hoping you are spared...
Wildfires are horrifying.
Most can't understand the magnitude.
I think my son is on that fire right now.
Prayers sent.

Couldn't have anyone better than your son on that crew, my friend. I have followed you and your son here for many years. I've always been impressed with him.

Agreed

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
As long as people are allowed to purchase real estate and build in what is called outlying forestry areas they’re gonna get burned out! What amount of IQ does it require to avoid these areas remains a mystery!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
673 Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Hoping it works out for you luv2safari, sometimes these fires do strange things. The small town of Lytton BC just burned down last night.
We have been evacuated twice in 30 years, I expect this to be the worst I have seen, its early yet in the fire season.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Sharpsman
As long as people are allowed to purchase real estate and build in what is called outlying forestry areas they’re gonna get burned out! What amount of IQ does it require to avoid these areas remains a mystery!!

Don't believe this is the time to have this discussion!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wishing for the best.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Who isn’t shocked when an addled minded, old as fûck, Quigley Down Under wannabe, living in a care facility, say’s something inappropriate?

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Beaver10

Who isn’t shocked when an addled minded, old as fûck, Quigley Down Under wannabe, living in a care facility, say’s something inappropriate?

🦫

This^^^. My hell seriously 😳

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
At some point in time, one would think we would start asking questions about the ability of the USFS to accomplish it's mission. The 20,000 acre Lava fire, contained on day 1 and then abandoned (see San Francisco Chronicle public apology) only to explode the next day has now cut the main Pacific Coast freight routes, US Hwy 97-closed..Interstate 5-closed, Burlington Railroad, Calif to Wash. closed long term. The only north-south highway capable of any freight volume is US 395, 2 lane, numerous mountain grades. USFS epic fail..I'm not ranking on the young folks on the firelines...I'm ranking management, USFS has become a primarily feminist run agency...with predictable results.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Wishing for the best outcome for you guys. Hang in there and let the firefighters do their job. My son is a wildlands firefighter and them guys do some amazing stuff.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Wish there was something we could do to help. We who live in the Sierras live in a tinder box.

Bear

Life is what happens to you as you are making other plans.

NRA Patron Member
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by flintlocke
At some point in time, one would think we would start asking questions about the ability of the USFS to accomplish it's mission. The 20,000 acre Lava fire, contained on day 1 and then abandoned (see San Francisco Chronicle public apology) only to explode the next day has now cut the main Pacific Coast freight routes, US Hwy 97-closed..Interstate 5-closed, Burlington Railroad, Calif to Wash. closed long term. The only north-south highway capable of any freight volume is US 395, 2 lane, numerous mountain grades. USFS epic fail..I'm not ranking on the young folks on the firelines...I'm ranking management, USFS has become a primarily feminist run agency...with predictable results.

Pretty much my opinion as well. Same goes for Bureau of Land Management. The firefighters I have come in contact with have done all they can to control the situations. Management and government regulations are the problem. The other day someone said OSHA regulations won't allow them to fight fire at night. Can't move ground equipment into wilderness areas.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I feel for you Bruce. We had a fire ~3 miles from us last year during the blow-up. Luckily we were upwind of it.

Hang in there. It's amazing what those fire fighters can do.

Carpe' Scrotum
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
I am really sorry to hear of this. Prayers for all out there, from us in N.C.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

455 members (1OntarioJim, 204guy, 10gaugeman, 1Longbow, 17CalFan, 1lesfox, 37 invisible), 1,955 guests, and 1,103 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,064
Posts18,463,417
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.