Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
SGB Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Does anyone have any opinions on trijicon scopes? How do they compare to leupold and vortex?

GB1

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Which Trijicon vs which Vortex and Leupold? All three makes make several levels of scopes.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Accupoint 2.5x10x56 vs

Vortex viper,
Vortex razor
Leupold 5hd

How does a $780 trificon stack up?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well, according to europtic the trijicon is more like $650.....

Would you hit it?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The last four scopes I bought were Trijicons; two Accupoint 3-9x40, one Credo HX 2.5-10x56, and one Credo HX 1-6x24.

I like them. Don’t dial with the rifles they’re on, but pretty sure I could at need. Excellent quality for the price IMO. Good reticles for their intended use.

What fresh Hell is this?
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I don't know how they compare, but my next scope will be a Trijicon.

24HCF in its entirety, is solely responsible for why my children do not have college funds, my mortgage isn't paid-off and why I will never retire early enough to enjoy the remainder of my life.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Pappy348
The last four scopes I bought were Trijicons; two Accupoint 3-9x40, one Credo HX 2.5-10x56, and one Credo HX 1-6x24.

I like them. Don’t dial with the rifles they’re on, but pretty sure I could at need. Excellent quality for the price IMO. Good reticles for their intended use.

How bright is the illumination on the Credo HX 1-6x24? Is it daylight usable?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just looked out the window with mine (15:00). It’s cloudy bright and at setting 6 (of 10) I can clearly see the red dot against the grass and the Western sky. Lots more on tap. Mine has the Hunter Holds Sport reticle. Right now, 5 is good in the shade.

What fresh Hell is this?
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Can’t hardly believe the vortex was asked in the same breath as a leupold good advertising I guess
Everyone I know personally had them fail
The running joke I if you buy vortex the come with a great warranty... your gona need it!!!
Never bothered trying one myself. If I buy a scope it must be usa made. A few of scopes came to me on used guns and have been fine bu anything I hunt with has a gold ring on it

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
This past weekend I zeroed two new Trijicon scopes, a 2.5-15x42 Credo on my Cooper 92 280AI and a Tenmile 4-24x50 on a Bergara B14 Ridge. Both adjusted spot on. Will stretch their legs to 500 and back in a couple weeks.

IC B3

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by SGB
Does anyone have any opinions on trijicon scopes? How do they compare to leupold and vortex?

I have a Trijicon Credo 34mm 1-8x mil-mil on an AR. It's heavy but a great fit for what I do.

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I've owned Trijicons every model for over 15 years have never had a problem with any of them have never sent one for repair.....most are on large bore rifles.....
All my Leopold's have been sent down the road....got tired sending 3-6 a year to get repaired......

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
The only Trigicon I have any experience with is a 1-4x24 Huron which I put on a Ruger MPR.

I find the glass to be excellent. Clicks are positive, and it holds zero while bouncing around in the truck and SXS. I like the simplicity of the reticle also.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by Nebraska
I have a Trijicon Credo 34mm 1-8x mil-mil on an AR. It's heavy but a great fit for what I do.

FWIW, I'm waiting on a new 5.56 upper from WOA and am considering going with the ATHLON ARES ETR 1-10x FFP IR on that one.....

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Nebraska
Originally Posted by SGB

I've got the previous iteration (Accupower) on a similar rig, and agree that it's a great fit for my uses.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I am using my first Accupoint 2.5-10x56 this year with the plex reticle/amber dot. I really like the glass. I’ve not used it yet at very last light with cloud cover in the woods. But, the glass is on par with scopes costing more and is better than scopes in its price range. Two things I don’t like: eye relief is too short for magnum calibers and the illumination supposedly only lasts 15 years.

I’d say the glass quality is between a Conquest and Victory but better than the V4 if comparing to Zeiss.

I like it better than the VX-3i I owned. I have no experience with Vortex.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The Credo (HX in my case) gives you more control over the illumination, a lot of control really, at the cost of needing a battery and potentially trouble down the road with the electronics. If that control is really important, then for me the choice is simple. After a lot of shuckin’ and jivin’, I got the 1-6, for my low-power model. Saves a good bit of weight and the difference in eye-relief between 1 and 6 is minimal, which I like. The 1-8 doesn’t give more adjustment with the big tube either. Still, I’d like to look through one someday.

The Credo 2.5-10 is a beast too. I’m still pondering where its final resting place will be. Very nice view for sure.

What fresh Hell is this?
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I have a few accupoints and I think the optics are very clear. One is at least 8 years old and the triangle illumination is still good. I have Zeiss and swaros, leupolds, would not hesitate to recommend a Trij.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have proven to my own satisfaction that the fiber optics carry the load as far as illumination goes in the Accupoints. As long as there’s any skylight, the light is on. I’ve yet to carry one afield, so don’t know how it works in dark timber and/or overcast. As I said, if the illumination is crucial, I’d go with the battery-powered models. Since they’re newer, perhaps the coatings are better, perhaps not. Not sure how much the coatings figure in an optics design, so don’t know if they can just use new ones on old scopes without other changes.

What fresh Hell is this?
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I'll add having used my accupoints on a bear stand until dark, the triangle illumination does fade with fading light but is still more visible than a black reticle against a black target. Going for bear to Maine pretty soon and I'll be toting a rifle with a Trij.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thx to all for your input.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This thread got me to buy a Trijicon.
It just arrived.
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1009751799

I would have rather had green than amber.
I would rather have MOA or BCD than mil dot.

But it is a good scope and I intend to use it.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
S
SGB Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Well, I ended up getting my first trijicon and so far in quite impressed with it. Now to dial it in at the range.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I finally mounted and dialed in the Credo HX 2.5-10x56 I bought for another rifle (since sold). It replaced a Burris FF E1 4.5-14 on my Hawkeye AW .223 . I like Burris, but this one’s markedly better, as it should be for the price. The Burris gets hard to get behind at the top end. Nothing I need to do requires more than a good, clear 10x. Used Warne High Maximas. The Credo is a load at 25oz, but the Hawkeye is too, so no loss there.

I have four now. Maybe more later, maybe not. I’m pretty well fixed for scopes with spares in the closet.

Last edited by Pappy348; 07/28/21.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The vortex line starts to shine at the razor level!

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I have a basic 3-9x40 quad x reticle with a green lighted dot. I love the way the reticle brightness self adjusts to show up when pointed into the shadows or during twilight without ever flooding with too much light. Quality of scope is about the same as a Leupold 3-9x40 in both lense clarity and weight.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I finally mounted and dialed in the Credo HX 2.5-10x56 I bought for another rifle (since sold). It replaced a Burris FF E1 4.5-14 on my Hawkeye AW .223 . I like Burris, but this one’s markedly better, as it should be for the price. The Burris gets hard to get behind at the top end. Nothing I need to do requires more than a good, clear 10x. Used Warne High Maximas. The Credo is a load at 25oz, but the Hawkeye is too, so no loss there.

I have four now. Maybe more later, maybe not. I’m pretty well fixed for scopes with spares in the closet.

Thx, I'm struggling with whether to spring for the accupoint 2.5-10×56......any chance at all a set of medium maxima will work for this scope?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Probably if on a rail.

They have a mount finder on the Warne site and a chart for each type that gives actual ring dimensions.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by StrayDog
I have a basic 3-9x40 quad x reticle with a green lighted dot. I love the way the reticle brightness self adjusts to show up when pointed into the shadows or during twilight without ever flooding with too much light. Quality of scope is about the same as a Leupold 3-9x40 in both lense clarity and weight.

I just purchased my first Accupoint and I was a little disappointed; my guess is the tritium is at half-life or lower. It looks great when outside in full sun, but walk underneath my porch in the shade and the dot vanishes. I can BARELY see it in a completely dark room.

I'll be contacting Trijicon in the very near future to hear what they suggest, unless this is the norm.

24HCF in its entirety, is solely responsible for why my children do not have college funds, my mortgage isn't paid-off and why I will never retire early enough to enjoy the remainder of my life.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
As I’ve posted elsewhere, the heavy illumination lifting is done by the fiber optics. The tritium is pretty much for the real dark. As long as there’s some skylight overhead, the dot stands out well.

Someone with a need for illumination under all conditions and better contol will probably be better off with an electronic version. Perhaps the triangle reticles show up better, but it’s been years since I looked through one of those, and I didn’t get to test it under low light. The regular duplex with a dot is nearly perfect IMO as a duplex, with heavy bars coming quite close to the center, just the way I like them.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Someone with a need for illumination under all conditions and better contol will probably be better off with an electronic version. Perhaps the triangle reticles show up better, but it’s been years since I looked through one of those, and I didn’t get to test it under low light. The regular duplex with a dot is nearly perfect IMO as a duplex, with heavy bars coming quite close to the center, just the way I like them.

I agree, the duplex/dot IS perfect for my eyes. My eyes didn't play as well with the triangle.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I’ll have a better handle on the 3-9s after deer season. Nothing like actual conditions to sort stuff like this out. May end up with another one, but I also like the Credo HX 1-6.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I’ll have a better handle on the 3-9s after deer season. Nothing like actual conditions to sort stuff like this out. May end up with another one, but I also like the Credo HX 1-6.

This will be my first deer season with one as well.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by StudDuck
Originally Posted by StrayDog

I just purchased my first Accupoint and I was a little disappointed; my guess is the tritium is at half-life or lower. It looks great when outside in full sun, but walk underneath my porch in the shade and the dot vanishes. I can BARELY see it in a completely dark room.

I'll be contacting Trijicon in the very near future to hear what they suggest, unless this is the norm.

That is not normal, I can see the lighted dot in my scope in total darkness.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I own this one. Great scope!

Ten mile 3-18x44 mm
Trij 300001

μολὼν λαβέ

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Fotis
I own this one. Great scope!

Ten mile 3-18x44 mm
Trij 300001

I’ve got the same one on my Mashburn. Seems good so far. We will see where it’s at after some more use but so far I can’t find anything I don’t like about it.

Semper Fi
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It is a good one

μολὼν λαβέ

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

63 members (10gaugemag, Akhutr, Anaconda, 6MMWASP, 6 invisible), 1,598 guests, and 810 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,202
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.