Print Thread
Hop To
T
TXRam Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
About 7-8 months back, I decided I wanted a PCP air rifle. RDW here on the ‘fire has been trying to talk me into one for years, and when ammo got scarce/ridiculously priced, decided to go for it. Originally placed an order with Utah Airguns for one of the new FX Maverick’s in .25 cal, but, once the newest version of the Impact was announced, I knew I’d constantly be wondering if I should have went all out so called and changed my order to a .25 cal 700mm bbl Impact M3. Took about 6 weeks or so, but it came in a few weeks back.

I had bought a Bushnell LRTS 4.5-18 off the classifieds here a while back, and had a set on 30mm Burris XTR Signature rings laying around. Got it all mounted up and ready to go!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Took it to the deer lease with me this past weekend to sight in and try it out. Need to build a bench with a set of Lonnie’s brackets to leave down there, but had to use what I had... slightly wobbly portable work bench and some Caldwell bags. First shot (50yds) was low, so moved up what I thought was the right # of clicks. Second shot was still low, so made the appropriate vertical adjustment and then put 3 touching.

[Linked Image]

Then adjusted it slightly left and shot at the upper right corner of the panhandle of TX and first shot was right on. Then I changed how I was gripping the rifle to minimize how much I was moving around on the target (tried the just squeeze the rear bag and only touch the rifle to pull the trigger). Slight change of POI as you can see, but 4 shots in a tight cluster with 3/4 touching. And this was without any tuning! Utah Airguns set it up with 25gr pellets, and I am shooting 34gr pellets.

[Linked Image]

I stopped there, because as my bud’s son said “it was hotter’n Satan’s nutsack” out there! Look forward to more shooting, chrony’ing, tuning, etc!

Needless to say, I’m very happy with my decision so far!

BP-B2

T
TXRam Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
On a side note, when I ordered it I asked about handpumps and was told I would not want to be charging it with a handpump. I decided to go that route anyway since I had already spend so much $ on the rifle. I ordered the Hill Mk5, and it’s not bad recharging at all! I’ll likely eventually get a compressor, but not high on my priority list of toys right now.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Sweet Impact there. Have a friend that has a hardly used Impact that's been worked on by Ernest Rowe. Offered it to me at a very good price and a 30 cal barrel set up comes with it. It is 22 cal and I have one already. Might jump on it and just convert it to 30.
I mostly shoot NSA slugs in my 22, hard on the barn rats.

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
T
TXRam Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Depending on the deal, that would be hard to pass up!

I’m sure I’ll probably end up with a .30 cal and set it up to shoot slugs exclusively for feral hogs. I bought some slugs for this one try ‘em out when I get bored with shooting pellets into itty bitty holes laugh!

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Nice!

IC B2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
396 members (1lesfox, 300jimmy, 160user, 257 mag, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 40 invisible), 2,070 guests, and 907 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,594
Posts18,398,004
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.